Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Minor problem...with being healthy

Alright, to those of you who jog/workout/lift on a daily basis...

How do you stick with it??
    I have hit a really rough stretch with my workouts. I will do good for a few days, then slip off to Burger King and the corner store for a Mountain Dew....and miss a few days of workouts.

I am around 195...and like to be around 180-185.

Any advice to sticking with it??
    Ways to counter 'burnout?'

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

Cheat meals are perfectly fine and encouraged if you're not on a hardcore cut or anything. Without them it would probably drive a person insane.

Once a week is fine to go to burger king, as long as "once" is one meal, and not the entire day. Likewise, that meal should still be relatively normal (as normal as you can get at a place like that), for example get some unhealthy food, but keep you goals in mind and don't wolf down 3 whoppers, 5 large fries and a gallon of soda.

Missing workouts is hard. In the event that it's caused by some unforeseen scheduling problem, that's fine as long as it doesn't occur often. If it's a mental/motivation problem that tells you that it's alright to skip the days workout, find out what's causing those feelings, and put a stop to them. Likewise on the other side, find things that give you the motivation and desire to train, such as a certain song, scene from a movie, passage from a book, or something like this:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEkz1XK75XE[/ame]

sold: 1999 firebird
    1998 Trans Am

honestly? i just imagine a girl whos currently out of my league, or a girl i blew my chances with, and how the benefits of that one more rep or one more step could put me a little closer to achieveing a girl just one number grade higher on the 1-100 scale than i could surrently achieve.

2011 Prius

Quote Originally Posted by justinmc978 View Post
    honestly? i just imagine a girl whos currently out of my league, or a girl i blew my chances with, and how the benefits of that one more rep or one more step could put me a little closer to achieveing a girl just one number grade higher on the 1-100 scale than i could surrently achieve.
    That's why you bought a Trans Am?

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Eh...
    I don't want a relationship. Or a women for that matter. At least not right now.
    And no...I don't want a guy...fuckers.
    All I find is women that either shun me because of Sara or women I am not really that interested in.
    I would rather focus on school so Sara and I can have a good life.

As for the cheat meal...it has been a few days of cheating for the last couple of weeks. Pizza, burger king, dew, etc... Too much of it.

I need to find the motivation I had a few months ago. I think some of it has diminished because of the shit that has happened with a few women. Some of it is the pain in my back, and some is schoolwork.

The worst part about eating taco bell or burger king...is it tastes good...but an hour later my body feels like shit. Can tell it is simply bad for you. Same goes for the dew.
    Blah...
    Gotta be a way to up the motivation again!!

2011 Prius

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    Eh...
    I don't want a relationship. Or a women for that matter. At least not right now.
    All I find is women that either shun me because of Sara or women I am not really that interested in.

As for the cheat meal...it has been a few days of cheating for the last couple of weeks. Pizza, burger king, dew, etc... Too much of it.

I need to find the motivation I had a few months ago. I think some of it has diminished because of the shit that has happened with a few women. Some of it is the pain in my back, and some is schoolwork.

The worst part about eating taco bell or burger king...is it tastes good...but an hour later my body feels like shit. Can tell it is simply bad for you. Same goes for the dew.
    Blah...
    That's how it all starts my friend, trust me.

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

You should send Spaz a PM. He can tell you everything you need to know about healthy portion control.

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

Eh...
    Highfive. This is a good mindset to have.
    Takes time to find the right one, even moreso if you have extenuating circumstances. It's very honorable to put your daughter and education above that.

This happened to me this past week & weekend. I had mountains of work to do every single day leading to probably my busiest week in the past few years. This resulted in me only getting an hour of sleep per night (the night I actually got to bed), either eating junk (ordered a pizza for the first time in 2 years) or not eating at all, and I was left no time to run or lift. Then this past weekend was spent at my parents house basically recovering, I slept for about 14 hours/day and ate things I wouldn't even think of buying here at school: poptarts, cookies, an entire box of ritz crackers, soda, fruit loops, and thats in addition to the oversized portions of homecooked meals like cooked breakfasts (eggs&bacon), stews, fajitas, pasta, etc.

Sometimes life get hectic and says 'fuck you' to your exercise/health goals. A lot of the times these things are more important than exercise which is why it's understandable to forgo it. But as long as you can get back into it like you did before, you'll be fine. My day has gone real smooth so far, although I've had a good amount of work to do, it's nothing compared to a few days ago, and I'm actually excited that I'll have the time to train for the first time in over a week.
    You know, I think the exact same way each time I get fast food. "That tasted good as is was sliding over my tongue, but now..... fuck me..." I don't know what it is. It tastes good for 10 seconds, and leads to a few hours of pain (either stomach, or ass-on-fire). Those profit-seeking corporate fuckers must have found a chemical that makes you forget the bad and over-exaggerate the good, leading to the "Oh fuck yeah I love taco bell! Lets do it!" reaction whenever you see one of their advertisements
    Basically, it's different for every person man. You just gotta keep trying. There have been times where a single thought has turned me around to having 100% motivation, and other times where it's taken months to get back up to the feeling. You just have to stick with it and remember it's for the best.

edit: inb4 the database eats this long-ass post

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

Quote Originally Posted by SHines-IT View Post
    That's how it all starts my friend, trust me.
    He already covered that rebuttal, penis cranium.

See:

maple red
    2000 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by 86 IROC-Z View Post
    Cheat meals are perfectly fine and encouraged if you're not on a hardcore cut or anything. Without them it would probably drive a person insane.

Once a week is fine to go to burger king, as long as "once" is one meal, and not the entire day. Likewise, that meal should still be relatively normal (as normal as you can get at a place like that), for example get some unhealthy food, but keep you goals in mind and don't wolf down 3 whoppers, 5 large fries and a gallon of soda.

Missing workouts is hard. In the event that it's caused by some unforeseen scheduling problem, that's fine as long as it doesn't occur often. If it's a mental/motivation problem that tells you that it's alright to skip the days workout, find out what's causing those feelings, and put a stop to them. Likewise on the other side, find things that give you the motivation and desire to train, such as a certain song, scene from a movie, passage from a book, or something like this:

Thats a badass Video, Im going to use it when i work out tomorrow morning.
    I usally just have music on when i run on the tred or punching the bag, it really helps IMO

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

Quote Originally Posted by Dann View Post
    Thats a badass Video, Im going to use it when i work out tomorrow morning.
    I usally just have music on when i run on the tred or punching the bag, it really helps IMO
    I ripped the audio from the video and made it as a track for my iPod.

Music is extremely helpful during exercise. I've only had my iPod for about two months now and it's hard to imagine not using it.

For running I usually listen to military cadences (surprisingly helpful) and high-energy techno, trance, hardstyle, etc.

For lifting I usually listen to Eminem, gangsta rap, or stuff like Fear Factory.

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

For as long as you've been working out it should be a habit by now so don't feel too bad about missing a few days. It could be a good thing...stops you from over training, lets your body recover longer and helps you from mentally burning out. To jump start me on those bad days I just start drinking a supplement as i'm watching tv/listening to music. It'll kick in and get me in the mood to lift.

I eat fast food/fatty food once every few weeks or so...it helps me eat clean the other 95% of the time. But when I do I always order grilled chicken and diet soda...but go shit crazy on the fries.

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

One of the problems I have...Sara LOVES fries and pizza.

I actually prefer grilled chicken breast and aspargus to burger king/taco bell.
    Starting to sound like the time factor is what is playing a role. Much easier to just hit the drive-thru.

And SHines...I have never put anyone on ignore here...
    Until now.

midnight blue
    2000 Pontiac ram air ws-6

Go and hang out with fatter people then you all day..... Now that's motivation

One of the problems I have...Sara LOVES fries and pizza.

I actually prefer grilled chicken breast and aspargus to burger king/taco bell.
    Starting to sound like the time factor is what is playing a role. Much easier to just hit the drive-thru.

And SHines...I have never put anyone on ignore here...
    Until now.
    Is Sara living with you full-time? She needs to learn healthy eating habits too.

What I do is stock up on fresh veggies. When I have time during the week, I have a mad chopping session. Everything goes into tupperware so we have quick snacks, stuff to pack for lunches, easy dinners, and salads. I also boil 6-8 eggs and pre-cook chicken so we have it throughout the week.

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Quote Originally Posted by Sassy Cassie View Post
    Is Sara living with you full-time? She needs to learn healthy eating habits too.

What I do is stock up on fresh veggies. When I have time during the week, I have a mad chopping session. Everything goes into tupperware so we have quick snacks, stuff to pack for lunches, easy dinners, and salads. I also boil 6-8 eggs and pre-cook chicken so we have it throughout the week.
    I wish....
    I get her Sunday night at 6PM to Tuesday at 4PM. Better than nothing for right now....once I am done with school though, I will be wanting more time.
    But I agree, she needs to be eating better as well.
    Can you believe she turned 3 two weeks ago?

I normally take healthy snacks (apples, powerbars) to work. I know what I need to do...just been having a HUGE lack of willpower when it comes to easy and fast food.
    I think once this class that has been stressing me out is over, that will help.

I wish....
    I get her Sunday night at 6PM to Tuesday at 4PM. Better than nothing for right now....once I am done with school though, I will be wanting more time.
    But I agree, she needs to be eating better as well.
    Can you believe she turned 3 two weeks ago?

I normally take healthy snacks (apples, powerbars) to work. I know what I need to do...just been having a HUGE lack of willpower when it comes to easy and fast food.
    I think once this class that has been stressing me out is over, that will help.
    I really can't believe it. I saw the birthday pics you posted. She's looking like a big girl already. How's her health now?

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

I really can't believe it. I saw the birthday pics you posted. She's looking like a big girl already. How's her health now?
    She hasn't had an overnight stay in the hospital since May when she had her urastomy.
    Blessing in disguise I suppose. Completely different kid!!
    She is sitting here next to me making a mess with Play-Doh while I write a research paper.

She hasn't had an overnight stay in the hospital since May when she had her urastomy.
    Blessing in disguise I suppose. Completely different kid!!
    She is sitting here next to me making a mess with Play-Doh while I write a research paper.
    Glad to hear it.

My oldest is turning 13 next month.

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Glad to hear it.

My oldest is turning 13 next month.
    I wish I had mine when I was younger...
    But doesn't change anything now, so...

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information