Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Might be time to move on....

Been thinking about this lately.

Been considering selling the T/A off. Would be tough....TONS of time and money into it.
    But, I could pay off all my debt (aside from student loans) with it. Basically leaving me with a little over $100 out each month for bills. I don't currently have the best job, but should be around $26-28K soon while attending college.
    This would allow me to get a safe and nice place for me and my daughter.

At the same time, I would go trade off the Grand Ma GT on a TBSS. So I would still kinda have a toy.

Kinda in the air with this. I know I will kick myself years down the road if I sell the 'Bird.
    I am honestly just annoyed with emissions and the little shit that goes with having a bit of power. Tags are expired. No money to swap in a cam and throw on some cats......
    So now it sits anyways....

Opinions?

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

No.

Arctic White
    2000 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    Been thinking about this lately.

Been considering selling the T/A off. Would be tough....TONS of time and money into it.
    But, I could pay off all my debt (aside from student loans) with it. Basically leaving me with a little over $100 out each month for bills. I don't currently have the best job, but should be around $26-28K soon while attending college.
    This would allow me to get a safe and nice place for me and my daughter.

At the same time, I would go trade off the Grand Ma GT on a TBSS. So I would still kinda have a toy.

Kinda in the air with this. I know I will kick myself years down the road if I sell the 'Bird.
    I am honestly just annoyed with emissions and the little shit that goes with having a bit of power. Tags are expired. No money to swap in a cam and throw on some cats......

Opinions?
    Family always comes first. What you have stated makes 100% sense. The 4th gens will not rise in price for awhile IMO. But getting a place for you and your daughter will make you both feel great. I think you would kick yourself if you did not make the move and sell the car.

Nbm
    2000 Camaro SS

Ive sold a couple of vehicles that i regret selling when i just wanted a new project (like my first camaro, 92 350tpi z28), sometimes even only getting 1/3 of what i have in them. But you live and you learn. Its a different story when you have to, or when it will better your situation in some ways.

You gotta do what you gotta do. I would sell mine if i had to. But id rather not if at all possible, and you better believe that id get something else halfway cool if it was possible. So yes on the TBSS if it does happen.

Stockitie Stock Stock 95camaroZNC's Avatar

Red
    1999 Trans Am

I wouldnt sell it, not only are you not gonna get what you could have gotten 5 years ago what your gonna get is gonna make you feel cheap and cheated because your going to have to take some low ball crappy offer. Keep the car for another 2 years and see if the economy rebounds. But if it gets down to the point you absolutely HAVE to sell it then do so. Do what will make you happy.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

I say sell on this reasoning: When I found out my EX-GF was preggo, I was more then willing to get rid of my car in the best interest of my soon to be family. Family comes first and I know you know this. Unfor she had a miscarriage and I didn't need to worry about all that at this point in time. You can always get a new toy down the road, but do what "YOU" think is best for your family and yourself. Just think, you may just get a C5 Z06 or even the beast C6 Z06 down the road after school and you get a great job. Plus on a great note, your not getting rid of everything, because you would be getting a TBSS which are bad ass To this day, I have never beat one at the track (That was before my H/C and they were modded) but still.....you get the point. Just my .02, hope it helps
    ┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐

Man: The Mods you are fighting,
    they are the biggest Men I have ever seen. I
    wouldn't want to fight them!

Me: That is why no one will remember your name!

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Quote Originally Posted by 86 IROC-Z View Post
    No.

^^ This. I realize that it is "just a car", but that thing is part of you. Your vision of what it should be brought to life. Besides, it would suck having a g/f with a faster car than you!

I think there is a quote that goes something like this: You can have my Trans Am when you pry the keys from my cold dead fingers!

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Will you regret selling it, yes.

Would selling it to buy a house and eliminate debt be the smarter move, yes.

Black
    2001 WS6

wait till you have the money to bring it back down in terms of emissions/cam. You'll regret selling it, especially if the person u sell it to wrecks it. I sold my old one and wished i never had. The kid i sold it to didnt take care of it and totaled it tryin to show off for his friends. Here it is a few years later and I have another one. Even when I had the accident and they wanted to total the car, I fought for them not to. I love it to death, but its not like the first one. It's like a first love. Dont sell the car

dirty aka white
    2000 Z

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post

Opinions?
    oh how I dont miss all those big gov. bull shit laws in colorado... "you cant do this and you cant do that". I just lucked out when i loved up there i left my Texas plates on and never had to deal with their bullshit.

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

If you're not just going to rack the debt back up than sell the t/a...otherwise it's pointless to sell the t/a just to have the same dept 5 years from now.

<-----Oh fuck me it says i'm 30 now...gawd dayum it

White
    1999 Transam WS6

I offer you 5 dollars and a stick of gum.

This is a better offer than 95% of the ones you will get if you decide to sell it.

Bright Red
    1999 Trans Am Ws6

You know if you were just any other guy on here with another ws6 like me. I'd say sell it. But it's not any ws6. It's SLOWASS. It's like the flagship of ls1. You can't sell it!! I mean, even if you get a new one, or a c6 or something. It won't be slowass. And some fucking prick 18 year old will probably get that car and not show it the love it deserves. You say your doing this for family, I contend that car is FAMILY

Black
    '99 SS

In 10 years, which would you regret more?

Selling the T/A or not keeping your daughter in a nice/safe place?

Also, the sooner you get rid of debt the more money you save in the long run.

Slowass is a bad motherfucker and I would kill for my Camaro to get it's fat ass down the track as fast as your T/A does.. but... I'd vote sell it.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

1: Its just a car (Don't care what name its given "Slowass" )
    2: Family is more important
    3: Any type of Z vette is a far superior car and Mr. Luos said he has always wanted a Z before in other posts.
    4: Not like he can't get a better car down the road. He is going to school and seems like a smart man from what little I know about him.
    5: He would be getting a bad ass TBSS that with little mods would beat most of the people on this board (Ask me how I know )
    6: I could keep going and going and going

Are you going to regret it, damn straight you will. Can you buy a car down the road that will make you forget about "Slowass" Damn straight you can. Get Sara into a nice safe place, focus on school, get your degree and a great job and then do all the shit you ever wanted to do in life. I would sell my Maro if I really needed to

"BUT" if your just going to rack up massive debt and not really get shit done by selling it, just keep it!

Silver 2002 WS.6
    Red 1989 Formula

No.

I'm sure you can get emissions passed at a mom and pop shop like i do.

AND I recall a video of Sara in the Trans Am and if i remember correctly she loves it too

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

Whatever you think is best, just go for it. You miss it yet? Since you can't drive it?

If you don't, well maybe you will be fine, but if you miss it at all, you'll definitely regret the sale.

black
    02 ss camaro

If you can sell the car and get decent money for it,put you and your family in a better financial situation,then sell it.

But for a car like yours that is modified the way it is....done the right way and not all hacked up and jury rigged....do you think you'll get anywhere close to what you have into it?

Impounded
    gmcheviac

Quote Originally Posted by importhater81 View Post
    If you can sell the car and get decent money for it,put you and your family in a better financial situation,then sell it.

But for a car like yours that is modified the way it is....done the right way and not all hacked up and jury rigged....do you think you'll get anywhere close to what you have into it?
    almost 100% impossible

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by wheeliE-maxx View Post
    almost 100% impossible
    This X1000

He can still get around $17,XXX around my area, granted thats a big difference. What would help you Mr. Luos is the fact its been published in different types of magazines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information