Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

White
    2002 VY SS

Might ask my wench to marry me...

We are going away next week for a getaway here >> http://www.bangalowwaters.com.au/ in Coffs Harbour, and I am thinking it might be a nice place to pop the question. We have been going out for over 5 years and the wench has been hastling me out about it for ages.

She is a high maintenance girl that likes everything to be 'special', so I cant stuff this up. Asking her while at the pub just wont cut it. I have been throught this before, but she hasn't. So she is still dreaming of that 'fairytail' wedding and the special proposal story she can tell everyone...

If it all goes to plan, I'll let you know how I get on in about a week's time...

out of curiosity - forgive me for asking but you dont exactly sound like your just busting with joy over the prospect. Do you want to get married or do you just feel like you should?

Senior Member FuxOnTheFirstDate's Avatar

Shit
    Think long and hard about it. Here is just one example of stressful BS that can happen. If you're married to her and she gets a credit card, you are liable as well even if you know nothing about the card. She can run up $50,000 or whatever and bail on it and YOU are screwed as well. I work for an attorney and I've seen many couples damn near kill each other. You need to be extremely careful before doing this. You say you've been with her for 5 years so that should be a pretty good indicator of what future life will be like IF you've actually lived together for a long time. You know, living like you were married but weren't. Even if things are good you should still get a prenup to protect yourself in case she thinks she has you by the balls.

White
    2002 VY SS

Quote Originally Posted by Kmcrlyn View Post
    out of curiosity - forgive me for asking but you dont exactly sound like your just busting with joy over the prospect. Do you want to get married or do you just feel like you should?
    A bit of both. We have discussed this before. Times have changed and people don't have to be married to be happy together. I could see the money spent on things we need. Weddings cost big bucks. It is not a question of weather I am excited to be with her or not, I love her to pieces and I am totally committed, I have just got a different attitude towards marrage is all. We live as being married already. Maybe I put the wrong vibe into post #1?

post a pic and then we will talk

Senior Member FuxOnTheFirstDate's Avatar

Shit
    Another thing I find funny is your avatar. You have no clue what pain is until your marriage falls apart. I'm not saying it will but the odds are definitely stacked against you. All of the marriage jokes about it being "hell" and what not are out there for a reason. Personally, I have fun being by myself and watching all of my friends get dragged around with a leash by their wives or girlfriends.

Black
    2004 Z06

My GF has a freind named Wendy. One day I called her Wenchy. Now my GF also calls her Wenchy ... but she doesn't seem to have a problem with it.

White
    2002 VY SS

Quote Originally Posted by FuxOnTheFirstDate View Post
    Another thing I find funny is your avatar. You have no clue what pain is until your marriage falls apart. I'm not saying it will but the odds are definitely stacked against you. All of the marriage jokes about it being "hell" and what not are out there for a reason. Personally, I have fun being by myself and watching all of my friends get dragged around with a leash by their wives or girlfriends.
    I've already been through it once. I worked permanent nights so my ex had a 'friend' visit her on a regular basis unbenowns to me. Watched her cheat, then take my 2 kids and most of what I worked for away in the blink of an eye. Went through the drinking and depression stage. So I have had some experience there. I think I can stand by my avatar, though when I put that up I thought it was funny, not serious.

This was not supposed to be a thread about if I should or not, it was just an announcement... oh well...

The Pulse of the Maggots SicWs6's Avatar

NBM
    1999 Trans Am WS6

Think long and hard about this...

Quote Originally Posted by Firebug View Post
    We are going away next week for a getaway here >> http://www.bangalowwaters.com.au/ in Coffs Harbour, and I am thinking it might be a nice place to pop the question. We have been going out for over 5 years and the wench has been hastling me out about it for ages.

She is a high maintenance girl that likes everything to be 'special', so I cant stuff this up. Asking her while at the pub just wont cut it. I have been throught this before, but she hasn't. So she is still dreaming of that 'fairytail' wedding and the special proposal story she can tell everyone...

If it all goes to plan, I'll let you know how I get on in about a week's time...
    You should do it. IMO it sounds like the biggest thing holding you back is your past experience, and that has nothing to do with her.

Have fun, sometimes, marriages do actually work out.

A bit of both. We have discussed this before. Times have changed and people don't have to be married to be happy together. I could see the money spent on things we need. Weddings cost big bucks. It is not a question of weather I am excited to be with her or not, I love her to pieces and I am totally committed, I have just got a different attitude towards marrage is all. We live as being married already. Maybe I put the wrong vibe into post #1?
    Eh Fuck it then. Congrats!! It sounds like you consider yourself married already and are happy about it - if its super important to her to get married then - good for you to give her the wedding and vows that are important to a lot of people including her, even if the formality isnt such a big deal for you Good luck with the proposal sounds like youre on the right track!

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Do it BIG bugg. Best of luck to you buddy. Its obvious you think you can make it work with this chick, even though shes "high maintenence". You have my vote, But you gotta invite me, fly me down to aussy for your bachelors party. Otay? See ya then.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

GO BUG!!! you'll do just fine buddy just make sure that the whole high maintenace thing does get in the way... she either loves you for who you are or doesn't love you at all... you'll make her happy and in return you will be happy...

oh yeah... and in the small chance that she says "no" do it near some crocs, so you can push her in to thier mouths...

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

So your going to mess up a perfectly good relationship by getting married ..,,,,I guess you need to go to Chopper Marriage Counselor service first .... Ayeee????

Black
    2005 GTO

Yeah something about asking the wench to marry me might have sent the wrong vibe.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by JonB View Post
    Yeah something about asking the wench to marry me might have sent the wrong vibe.
    bah... that's how the bug is... no one understands his humor i guess...

Black
    2005 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by The Real Spaz View Post
    bah... that's how the bug is... no one understands his humor i guess...
    I actually find the title of the thread hilarous. Just was not to sure how serious the dude was after calling the women he's going to marry a wench. For some reason women don't like being called that.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by JonB View Post
    I actually find the title of the thread hilarous. Just was not to sure how serious the dude was after calling the women he's going to marry a wench. For some reason women don't like being called that.
    oh... they hate being called..

Can't...
    Understand...
    Normal...
    Thinking...

Senior Member transamprincess98's Avatar
    CT6

WAHOO!!!! GO for it Bug

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by transamprincess98 View Post
    WAHOO!!!! GO for it Bug
    that's what i say... hey... damn it woman!!! stop copying me!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information