Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: miami vice

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

miami vice

ok, i am fulling expecting a ribbing here and ill be plenty amused on how much you guys can break my balls but is anyone on here a miami vice and fan and eagerly awaiting the movie? to those who dont know the creator of miami vice made movies like heat and collateral. the new movie should be awesome. yes i watch the tv show at 3 am when its on reruns. yes i know its gay that i do. cant help it, its a good show. yes i like magnum pi too. and knightrider.

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

Ok , dont tell us to much about yourself...j/king. I exspect it to be a good movie. Still dont understand why there is so many movies about TV shows these days ..

Silver
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

just saw the preview myself.....you can go to the website and check it out also......but...it looks like they dont have a lot of the characters covered....no Lt.....no Switech and Zido.......

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

at least i have on supporter lol haha cailey is 38 and from florida he gets it lol

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

Quote Originally Posted by 310stanger View Post
    at least i have on supporter lol haha cailey is 38 and from florida he gets it lol
    of the 3, I think Magnum was the best show .. Now I cant watch any of them ...But Miami Vice had some great guest stars ...

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

good point bro. u know whats funny.i was watching miami vice reruns one night and i couldnt believe how many soon to be stars made appearances. it was unreal. like everybody that became anyone, was on at least one episode of miami vice. i understand how some could think miami vice and others were corny but i view them as cool shows that had really awesome story lines. they were meant to be unreal and distant to real life, like fantasy. i think its cool to watch an entertaining show that has flashy shit. nowadays everything is mindless reality tv.

'57,'63,'70,'91,'01

Hell yes I used to watch miami vice every week. I hope the movie is good, not like some of the other TV to movie crossovers.

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

as cheesy as people love to label it, theres something that seemed really cool about the 80s. people seemed way more laid back then they are now. people get more uptight now then they did then. the stuff that shows up on shows like miami vice would get picked apart by sensors now. not to mention the shows were altogther more elaborate and well done and bigger bugdget. shit i saw some episodes of miami vice that prolly cost more then some recent movies of today.

downunder
    A bit off topic…80’s TV show the A-TEAM, I heard they are making a movie and it will star Mel Gibson any truth to that…

Silver
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Does this mean all the old clothes I saved from the 80's will soon be back in style.....sweet.......

I almost hate to admit it but I think I have every episode on VHS.....I know....I know......loser......but hey....it was the 80's......

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

dude i am 23, i dont dress like that show or anything else. but lets face it. the show fucking rocked. plain and simple. no i dont wanna be don johnson, but a good show is a good show.

navy blue metallic
    1998 camaro ss vert

knightrider.... that show is on every morning when i get home from work, used to love it, but i was a kid then!

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

another thing about 80s shows is they were super creative. unlike todays tv where they are cut out of the same mold. how fuckin creative was mcguyver? funny thing is a lot of the science behind the shit he did is actually real.

Senior Member FuxOnTheFirstDate's Avatar

Shit
    IMO, Heat and Collateral were THE SHIT so I can't wait to get this one. I just finished up watching Heat for like the 5th time and it still kicked ass.

downunder
    another thing about 80s shows is they were super creative. unlike todays tv where they are cut out of the same mold. how fuckin creative was mcguyver? funny thing is a lot of the science behind the shit he did is actually real.

Mcguyver is my hero

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

I know what you mean. there is no shows like that anymore...Every show now days try to blur the worlds between tv and real life ... Crap let TV shows be TV shows ...

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

my thoughts exactly snaggletooth. i turn on the tube to watch something entertaining, i feel like completely inundated with mindless reality tv. like i dont care about some random losers dumb ass life or watching them act like idiots all cause they are clearly after a big pay check. fuck entertain me with a well though out story line that follows a premise. needless to say i am a huge fan of nip tuck and the sopranos. they are tv shows. not bullshit reality.

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

I watch Monk, that is a pretty cool show, but it is very slow paced ..Most of you cop shows nowdays are very slow paced .

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

monk is very highly acclaimed, i jus havent ever gotten into it. possibly cause of its slow pace? does a new story start every episode or is it like one big season?

Hugger Orange/W stripes
    1999 Z28 M6

Sonny Crockett was my TV hero!!! It's the only cop show I ever watched religiously. I loved how he would shoot a half dozen dirtbags in one show, never be on administrative leave pending the investigation, or do ANY paperwork. But that's hollywood for ya. He was still the coolest. Made me want to wear suits with a t-shirt and no socks!!!

Funny how his use of a Bren Ten (good pistol/caliber, but widely unknown) soon was followed up by the FBI experimenting with the ten millimeter, and eventually creating the .40 S&W caliber (basically a shortened, slightly less powerful 10mm). Now the preferred caliber for Law Enforcement. after Miami Vice and Crockett's ubiquitous Bren Ten nonetheless!!! Must have had great firearms consultants. Tubbs always had the most ridiculous guns though.

Miami Vice was great!!! Remember the two women walking out of the store in bikinis during the intro? Made me get up and try to walk behind them. Just....

John

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information