Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mexico Vacation

Silver
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

Mexico Vacation

Looking to go to Mexico this July with my wife. Just wondering if anyone knows a laid back spot in Mexico. Ive been to Cancun and Mazatlan. Both were city atmosphere. There was an island by Cancun that I would love to go to(Isla Mujeres) but its hurricane season. So I guess we are looking to visit the Pacific side. Beach is a must. Bar is a must. Bar on the beach would be perfect. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks

NBM
    2000 Trans Am Ws6 #2946

We went to Huatulco for our honeymoon for just that reason.... to get away and see some real mexico, not the hussled cities like Cancun. Huatulco is up and coming. Very environmentally focused. If you pick a resort, you can really hide away, although even those are becoming busy. We stayed at the Las Brisas and loved it!

Silver

Thats what Im talking about. Im gonna look it up. Anybody else. Thanks

NBM
    2000 Trans Am Ws6 #2946

It'll help if you know some spanish too. We went up into the Sierra Madres to visit a local coffee mill... and the family prepared us a full dinner in their house! Bought some kick ass home made tequila from them too! That stuff knocked my ass out!

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Im gonna go to my local beer store with my ole lady. Probably kick back in the beer cooler. Its peaceful in there.

I think your on the right path. Find some place not many people have heard of. Go there and chill with your wifee, alone. That sounds like an awesome time. Sorry I have no info for you.

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

whats acapulco like? i know theres tourism but I'm almost positive its not the atmosphere that cancun is. i think cabo san lucas is nicer too

How much does a trip like this cost?

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by AKIRA View Post
    How much does a trip like this cost?
    2nd that! I wanna go!

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

I wanna go to mexico now lol beach, bar, pool, snorkeling. all revolved around drinking coronas and lots of them lol Mexican food kicks ass too

NBM
    2000 Trans Am Ws6 #2946

We stayed 8 nights in Huatulco with everything included at the resort for roughly $2,500 each (That included round trip flight too). Honeymoon suite overlooking the Pacific. King bed, hot tub on the deck! All food and drinks free all the f'in time! Bars opend until 4am, and then reopened at 10am! They served us on the beach laying in the sun! Well worth it. We were the major minority though. Roughly 85 % of the people who go there are from Mexico.

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

Quote Originally Posted by 666ws6 View Post
    We stayed 8 nights in Huatulco with everything included at the resort for roughly $2,500 each (That included round trip flight too). Honeymoon suite overlooking the Pacific. King bed, hot tub on the deck! All food and drinks free all the f'in time! Bars opend until 4am, and then reopened at 10am! They served us on the beach laying in the sun! Well worth it. We were the major minority though. Roughly 85 % of the people who go there are from Mexico.
    must have been nice to get away from annoying high school/college kids, if you wanna eat and drink and relax in peace with your girl

Silver

I want to go here http://www.cabanasdelmar.com/ but am scared of hurricane season. I saw it when i went to cancun. I was perfect

black
    95 z28, 05 Altima

Not sure how busy it is now but puerta vaharrta (spelling) is suppose to be really nice

Black
    1999 Trans Am

$2500 is a little steep for me. Only place in mexico ive ever been to is the bar right across the border in sonoita.....less than a 3 hour drive from my house....get shitfaced at the bar....pass out in a hotel for less than $60. Whole trip costs less than $120.

G/L, last place I'de go. 600 peolpe killed in TJ last year. 600! The drug cartels are still kidnapping tourist everywhere. I live 20 miles from the border but havn't been there since 2007.

Paid 2 Post Daycrew SexOnWheels's Avatar

Blood Red
    Z28

Even though you do not want to go at 'hurricane season' look at Playa De Carmen as the best reef diving off of this contenent is adjacent to the Island of Cozumel (a 10 minute boat trip from Playa) and has everything you are looking for:

http://playadelcarmen.com/
    Last edited by SexOnWheels; 01-06-2009 at 11:25 AM.

Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Danger731 View Post
    G/L, last place I'de go. 600 peolpe killed in TJ last year. 600! The drug cartels are still kidnapping tourist everywhere. I live 20 miles from the border but havn't been there since 2007.
    I grew up in San Diego and know all about TJ. Ive been on 3 mexico vacations and it is no where near what TJ is. TJ is dirt
    Last edited by Krazydan; 01-06-2009 at 03:00 PM.

383 w/Meth & ProCharger
    2001 Camaro Z28

I went on a mexican riviera cruise about 4 years ago....went to Puerto Vallarta, Mazatlan and Cabo San Lucas. Both Puerto Vallarta and Mazatlan were big touristy cities. They both have "out of the city" zones which are rural and are a nice getaway, but not near the ocean. Now Cabo San Lucas was GREAT. Lots of area near the water to kick back (like those corona beer commercials) or if you want some crazy night life....go downtown and party it up. Cabo is not a big city and is well known for the kick back atmosphere.

SOM / NBM
    2002 Pro Z28/2001 TurboTA

Cozemel was really kewl !! MR.Sancho's beach / great food / great people horses ATV's jet ski's pools Bar's all on the beach. drank SOUL beer they said it was better than corona's and they were right!

primevil
    2000 FRC

We did a family vacation to Cancun this past summer for about $3000 for all four of us.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information