Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Dark Steel Metalic
    98 T/A

Meatheads in here...

I used to be in decent shape. I used to work out 3-5 times a week....a year ago...

Long story short, school and work got in the way and I didn't have time to work out. I also quit watching what I ate and gained about 50lbs.

When I stayed active I kept the weight off and lifted regularily and I now have time to fit a workout in every morning before classes.

Anyways, I'm looking for some advice on powders/tips that could be taken before/after a workout that will help me drop the weight.

Any suggestions?

08 HD FXSTB
    2010 F350

Run your fat ass around the block a few times

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

-Cardio
    -Maintain a calorie deficit each day
    -Don't eat shitty food

white
    1997 dodge dakota

poop

sold: 1999 firebird
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Mike97dakota View Post
    poop
    i hate you

basically stick with irocs post, /thread

well actually permaban mikedakota, then /thread

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

Less big meals, more small healthy meals throughout your entire day.

Stay away from soda, snacks, processed crap.

Do not cover your salad with ranch or other super fatty dressings.

Stay away from sodium rich foods.

Refrain from eating late at night.

When eating carbs try to stick with whole grains.

Focus on cardio and if you do lift, go with higher reps over lower reps.

For a good energy boosting supp I recommend White Flood by controlled labs. It really helps give you an extra boost of energy throughout the entire weekend. NO xplode, Jack3d, Superpump 250 are other popular Pre-workout supps.
    Last edited by hutch1999; 01-31-2010 at 12:27 AM.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Soda = 5 lbs a year
    Fast Food = varying weight depending on how often
    Eatting before bed = 7 lbs a year
    Etc.....

You want to lose weight slowly or you will be stuck with stretched out skin flab (seen it in basic = )
    Start slow and work your way into it, walking is low impact! Start with that and work into running. Food for thought () for every pound of fat you have on your body above normal.......your heart has to pump blood a extra mile through blood vessels
    ┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐

Man: The Mods you are fighting,
    they are the biggest Men I have ever seen. I
    wouldn't want to fight them!

Me: That is why no one will remember your name!

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

Basically the other guys gave ya some good advice but to specifically answer your question, a steady flow of protein/amino acids in your blood stream will help you with muscle growth and recovery and a decrease in bodyfat. That being said quality protein powders like MHP probolic sr, Gaspari myofusion, optimum nutritions multitude of proteins, controlled labs purple wraath (amino acids), will all help supplement the protein/amino acids in your system. Build muscle, do cardio, and eat clean. its cut and dry.

Dark Steel Metalic
    98 T/A

Quote Originally Posted by infantryws6 View Post
    Run your fat ass around the block a few times
    Lol, I'm working on cardio. It's probably what's helped me the most the past month I've been working out again..

Quote Originally Posted by 86 IROC-Z View Post
    -Cardio
    -Maintain a calorie deficit each day
    -Don't eat shitty food
    I've trashed the fast food, it was a big problem.

Cheap, fast.

Quote Originally Posted by hutch1999 View Post

For a good energy boosting supp I recommend White Flood by controlled labs. It really helps give you an extra boost of energy throughout the entire weekend. NO xplode, Jack3d, Superpump 250 are other popular Pre-workout supps.
    Any unpleasant side affects that you've heard of?

Quote Originally Posted by blackSS01 View Post
    Soda = 5 lbs a year
    Fast Food = varying weight depending on how often
    Eatting before bed = 7 lbs a year
    Etc.....

You want to lose weight slowly or you will be stuck with stretched out skin flab (seen it in basic = )
    Start slow and work your way into it, walking is low impact! Start with that and work into running. Food for thought () for every pound of fat you have on your body above normal.......your heart has to pump blood a extra mile through blood vessels
    I'm a Mountain Dew fiend...i know it's not good for me but right now it's probably the most unhealthy thing i ingest on a regular basis.

Dark Steel Metalic
    98 T/A

Quote Originally Posted by 310stanger View Post
    Basically the other guys gave ya some good advice but to specifically answer your question, a steady flow of protein/amino acids in your blood stream will help you with muscle growth and recovery and a decrease in bodyfat. That being said quality protein powders like MHP probolic sr, Gaspari myofusion, optimum nutritions multitude of proteins, controlled labs purple wraath (amino acids), will all help supplement the protein/amino acids in your system. Build muscle, do cardio, and eat clean. its cut and dry.
    I'll do some looking into those, thanks.

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

Quote Originally Posted by excrider121 View Post
    Any unpleasant side affects that you've heard of?
    Superpump and NOXplode might give you the shits. Lots of magnesium (natural laxative). But it's not a big deal, I personally like being cleared out before lifting, no worries of accidents happening during heavy squats Jack3d doesn't have the magnesium so shouldn't give you that problem.

You might get headaches or the shakes (just minor trembling) for the first day or days of use, due to your body getting used to the high amount of stimulants in the products. Follow the tolerance assessment instructions on the tubs when using them for the first time.

Don't take them in the evening because they may cause you to have trouble sleeping. You probably shouldn't use them if you're sensitive to (and have bad reactions) to common stimulants like caffeine, etc.

That's all I can think of at the moment from my own experiences using them.
    Quote Originally Posted by excrider121 View Post
    I'm a Mountain Dew fiend...i know it's not good for me but right now it's probably the most unhealthy thing i ingest on a regular basis.
    Yeah, mt dew is my vice as well, but I've been managing to stay pretty clean. Just takes a bit of dedication and will power.

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

I take Optimum Nutritions' whey protein as well as the CL purple wraath, both good choices

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

Superpump and NOXplode might give you the shits. Lots of magnesium (natural laxative). But it's not a big deal, I personally like being cleared out before lifting, no worries of accidents happening during heavy squats Jack3d doesn't have the magnesium so shouldn't give you that problem.

You might get headaches or the shakes (just minor trembling) for the first day or days of use, due to your body getting used to the high amount of stimulants in the products. Follow the tolerance assessment instructions on the tubs when using them for the first time.

Don't take them in the evening because they may cause you to have trouble sleeping. You probably shouldn't use them if you're sensitive to (and have bad reactions) to common stimulants like caffeine, etc.

That's all I can think of at the moment from my own experiences using them.

Yeah, mt dew is my vice as well, but I've been managing to stay pretty clean. Just takes a bit of dedication and will power.
    I've found that with the pre workouts you basically have to try em all till you find the one or one's you like. They all claim to do the same things, most of em give ya good energy, but i've found that not all of them actually help with the whole gamut of what you want in a preworkout ie strength focus and energy. Jack3d did nothing but give me a lil energy at first and then jittery with an actual loss of strength for example. Thats easily the most overhyped preworkout i've come across imo. Controlled labs white flood gave me good energy and focus but again jittery loss of strength and then wicked niacin flush. Superpump I like, but i found that you have to eat a really good meal ( you should do this anyways) before drinking it to really have the good effect, otherwise you get jittery.Superpumps focus and actual pumps cant be beat though. I also have to complete my workout specifically within a 45 to hr time period because its almost a guarantee that even with the lowered magnesium i will still have to take a massive dump within an hour lol Supercharge xtreme NO by labrada is BY FAR my favorite. I go up in weights constantly on the stuff, it tastes like kool aid, the energy is insane, the focus is great, fuck it is probably wiping out my adrenal glands but the stuff is great.
    Last edited by 310stanger; 01-31-2010 at 07:01 PM.

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

Whatever you do, dont EVER by dark rage by MHP. Itll make you feel like you are gonna die if you can actually drink the stuff without throwing up. It tastes TERRIBLE. The worst tasting cough syrup is a joy to drink compared to that stuff. Its the only supplement i've ever actually returned to the store.

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

I've found that with the pre workouts you basically have to try em all till you find the one or one's you like. They all claim to do the same things, most of em give ya good energy, but i've found that not all of them actually help with the whole gamut of what you want in a preworkout ie strength focus and energy. Jack3d did nothing but give me a lil energy at first and then jittery with an actual loss of strength for example. Thats easily the most overhyped preworkout i've come across imo. Controlled labs white flood gave me good energy and focus but again jittery loss of strength and then wicked niacin flush. Superpump I like, but i found that you have to eat a really good meal ( you should do this anyways) before drinking it to really have the good effect, otherwise you get jittery.Superpumps focus and actual pumps cant be beat though. I also have to complete my workout specifically within a 45 to hr time period because its almost a guarantee that even with the lowered magnesium i will still have to take a massive dump within an hour lol Supercharge xtreme NO by labrada is BY FAR my favorite. I go up in weights constantly on the stuff, it tastes like kool aid, the energy is insane, the focus is great, fuck it is probably wiping out my adrenal glands but the stuff is great.
    Yeah, this is true. Everything works differently for different people.

My experiences:
    N.O-Xplode: Massive pump, great focus & energy
    Jack3d: No pump, good energy, and surprisingly great focus and intensity (lifts were 5-10lbs higher for me on it)
    White Flood: Gave me a headache. And nothing else lulz.
    Superpump: Same effects as noxplode but gave me a stomach ache and and I hated the flavor along with how much you had to drink of it for a serving. But I don't think ever had a meal before it like you mentioned... maybe that was the cause of the stomach problems.

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

My experiences:
    Jack3d: No pump, good energy, and surprisingly great focus and intensity (lifts were 5-10lbs higher for me on it)
    Superpump: Same effects as noxplode but gave me a stomach ache and and I hated the flavor along with how much you had to drink of it for a serving. But I don't think ever had a meal before it like you mentioned... maybe that was the cause of the stomach problems.
    Go on BB.com and make a thread about how a controlled labs product didnt work for you and enjoy the responses lmao

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

My experiences:
    jack3d is actually just comet dish cleaner with some pinesol for flavoring.

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

Go on BB.com and make a thread about how a controlled labs product didnt work for you and enjoy the responses lmao
    Yeah they love that shit

I dunno, I love Green mag and purple wraath, but white flood just never worked for me

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

jack3d is actually just comet dish cleaner with some pinesol for flavoring.
    taste-wise that wouldn't surprise me

Surprisingly I got used to it though.

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

Yeah they love that shit

I dunno, I love Green mag and purple wraath, but white flood just never worked for me
    green mag is amazing. quality product and the flavoring is awesome. i like that theres no fillers in it too. purple wraath is also an all around great product, but i actually put it in my shaker and let it sit in the fridge over night so all the little particles dissolve.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information