Dark Steel Metalic
    98 T/A

Meathead Assistance Please

My workout partner is 6', 280lb and has been on Prolab Thermo Fire for 2 months now, in addition to changing his eating habits and working out 3-5 times a week. Both of us have noticed a big difference between just working out/watching his food, and using Prolab. He has suffered no side affects aside from being occasionally hot. I'm considering adding it to my workout routine simply to help get myself back into shape.

I know that the first response of most people is "Don't use the pill, it's not worth it, its not right, hot healthy etc. I AM NOT considering using this and going back to junk food, not working out and not watching what I'm eating; I'm looking for something that will just help me slim down quicker. I used to be in shape and got lazy. Both of us have been working out for 6 months, I've picked up tennis again, and he picked up racquetball.

What do you of the chemical?

If you don't like the chemical, have you heard of something that would better suit what I'm trying to do?

Pewter
    2001 Camaro Z28 M6

going to say what you dont want to hear pills to burn fat are junk...

most fat burning pills do more damage then good, like:
    -stress on your heart and veins.
    -contain artificial sweetners and other poison ingredients.

to burn weight and lose weight faster
    -Paleo recipes for eating.. Its caveman style eating (veggies, nuts, berries) https://www.xcap.tv/WhatShouldIEat_Home.asp

-take a clean protein (cant count how many times I have mentioned this on ls1.com)
    use the clean protein powder with water, as a food replacement or to eat less per meal. Protein fills you up faster and takes longer to break down.

-cut sugars, pop and coffee from your diet. Coffee blocks your body from burning fat.

-take more fish oil. 20+grams of fish oil as been linked to burning fat faster (see below)

-eat more oranges including the white part, it speeds up and support thermogenesis in the body

-HIIT excercise/lifting. Keep your intensity up for two minutes per excercise or lift, allow no more then 30 second cool down between.

megadosing fish oil:

This was Charles Poliquins answer to a question on what he thought was the single best supplement.

IA

The Single Best Supplement

Q: What's one supplement that every athlete, weekend warrior, and basically any active person should be taking daily?

A: Fish oil. I was first introduced to fish oil twelve years ago by my friend Mauro DiPasquale. I was over at his house and he had fish oil on the counter. I asked him what he used it for and he said, "Charles, this is the most important supplement ever."

He told me to go to Medline and punch in any disease known to man and the words "fish oil" beside it. He challenged me to find a study that didn't show how fish oil could benefit in the treatment of any disease. I gave up after 86 studies!

Why is it so beneficial? It's in our genes. Humans used to consume 300-400 grams of omega-3s per week. If we consume more than two grams a day now it's considered a lot.

There was a study published four years ago that showed that if the US government issued three grams of fish oil per day to American citizens, then the amount of cancer and heart disease would go down by 50% within one year. Most readers don't care about cancer and heart disease, but they may care about this: the biggest limiting factor in naturally training people to getting lean and adding muscle is the consumption (or lack thereof) of omega-3s.

Looking at the body structure of cavemen, they had a lot of muscle mass compared to modern man. They got their omega-3s through the meats they ate. Now, they often ate what the predators left. For example, a lion will eat an antelope from the gut on, so what's left is the skull and long bones. Primitive man would break the skull open and eat the brains. Brains are 60% fat, and 60% of that is DHA, the omega-3. What they've found is that the more brain-sucking was going in those populations, the faster the IQ went up.

"I've lost my appetite."

Primitive man would also break the bones of the prey and suck the marrow, also rich in omega-3, DHA particularly. DHA is the omega-3 most responsible for brain development while EPA is most associated with reducing inflammation.

My athletes would often recognize each other when sitting around a table because those I'd be training would break out the fish oil during the meal. That's how I got the nickname "the fish oil guy" among athletes. But that's also how I get people so lean so fast.

Anyone who wants to put on muscle and lose fat should be on 30-45 grams of fish oil per day. That's just three tablespoons of fish oil. It would be a pain in the ass with capsules though because that's around 45 capsules per day, but it's easy with a straight oil.

Flameout is also a great product. I like the addition of CLA to the EPA and DHA because most of the population is deficient in CLA. When I travel abroad I bring four or five bottles of Flameout instead of my liquid fish oil and take four or five capsules a day.

For those of us interested in positively and optimally altering body composition and maximizing our training efforts, fish oils offer thirteen possible advantages:

1. Cell membrane health: EPA and DHA insure that cell membranes remain healthy. This means that the membranes are flexible and contain larger numbers of insulin receptors that are more receptive and responsive to circulating insulin. This results in decreased fat storage in the adipocytes (fat cells).

2. Fish oils turn on the lipolytic genes (fat burning genes).

3. Fish oils turn off the lipogenic genes (fat storage genes).

4. Fish oils diminish C-reactive proteins, a newly identified risk factor associated with various inflammatory diseases, including atherosclerosis, angina, coronary heart disease, heart attack, stroke, congestive heart failure, and diabetes. The DHA fraction of the fish oil seems to be one most responsible for that protective effect. DHA also has the best ability to reduce blood pressure.

5. Increase utilization of fat stores from the adipocytes.

6. Preferential utilization for energy production once stored in the adipocytes.

7. Reduced inflammation from physical training.

8. Pain management from the reduced inflammation.

9. EPA regulates blood supply to the brain which is essential in maintaining focus in weight training sessions. DHA is important in brain membranes, memory, and cognitive function.

10. Fish oils increase serotonin levels (the happy neurotransmitter). Therefore, fish oils will decrease incidence of depression, anxiety, panic attack, and reduce carbohydrate cravings.

11. Fish oils will improve your cardiovascular risk profile by lowering VLDL, triglycerides, homocysteine, fibrinogen, and increasing HDL levels. Combining fish oils with plant sterols will improve lipid levels even more than either alone.

12. Fish oils can also decrease blood pressure by several mechanisms. These include increases in the vasodilatory compound, nitric oxide, reducing vascular inflammation, blocking the constrictive elements in the vascular wall such as the calcium channels reducing blood viscosity, and inhibiting a blood vessel constrictor (thromboxane). Lipoprotein (a) is another CVD predictor that can be lowered by fish oils (a 19% reduction was seen with natural, stable fish oils and just 4% with a highly purified fish oil).

13. Fish oils are a great stress fighter. Supplementation with n-3 fatty acids inhibits the adrenal activation of steroids, aldosterone, epinephrine, and norepinephrine (catecholamines) elicited by a mental stress, apparently through effects exerted at the level of the central nervous system. Therefore, for the same amount of stress, one will produce fewer stress hormones if consuming fish oils on a regular basis.

In short, fish oil is my number one supplement recommendation!

Dark Steel Metalic
    98 T/A

Good to know. Off to Wally-world for fishy oil

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Quote Originally Posted by ibanez7 View Post
    going to say what you dont want to hear pills to burn fat are junk...

most fat burning pills do more damage then good, like:
    -stress on your heart and veins.
    -contain artificial sweetners and other poison ingredients.

to burn weight and lose weight faster
    -Paleo recipes for eating.. Its caveman style eating (veggies, nuts, berries) https://www.xcap.tv/WhatShouldIEat_Home.asp

-take a clean protein (cant count how many times I have mentioned this on ls1.com)
    use the clean protein powder with water, as a food replacement or to eat less per meal. Protein fills you up faster and takes longer to break down.

-cut sugars, pop and coffee from your diet. Coffee blocks your body from burning fat.

-take more fish oil. 20+grams of fish oil as been linked to burning fat faster (see below)

- it speeds up and support thermogenesis in the body eat more oranges including the white part,

-HIIT excercise/lifting. Keep your intensity up for two minutes per excercise or lift, allow no more then 30 second cool down between.
    Couple questions. What part of coffee blocks fat burning is it the caffeine or just some other chemical in the coffee bean?

Same sort of question about oranges...is it the vitamin C that supports thermogenesis?

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

wanna burn fat? get off your ass and do cardio and cut out anything processed and refined. simple as that. Eat multiple times a day to keep your metabolism elevated. SOME fat burners work, but people abuse them and in reality if you do what you are supposed to via diet and exercise you shouldn't need to buy fat burners.

There is ONE fat burner that I like, have used, it works, and it doesnt have any shady chemicals in it. Controlled Labs REDuction. you take one pill in the morning and one at night. I used this in obvious conjuction with correct diet and exercise and it was a noticeable difference.

Pewter
    2001 Camaro Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by excrider121 View Post
    Good to know. Off to Wally-world for fishy oil

before you go crazy on fishoil... do some research...

google search "mega dose fish oil"
    Those key words should help.

Also you have to make sure its clean fish oil. Cheap fish oil can contain mercury. Mercury can be deadly.

Pewter
    2001 Camaro Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn View Post
    Couple questions. What part of coffee blocks fat burning is it the caffeine or just some other chemical in the coffee bean?

Same sort of question about oranges...is it the vitamin C that supports thermogenesis?

coffee raises cortisol levels and turns on ligogenic genes, which causes you to maintain fat around the mid section of your body.

I dont know if its the coffee or caffeine that does it. i have only read alot of research that supports the statement above.

in regards to oranges, I was talking to an associate at Integrated Supplements. He mentioned the Vitamin C in oranges along with the the Pectin in Apples aids in thermogenesis in the body. I did some research and found this to be true

Dark Steel Metalic
    98 T/A

Quote Originally Posted by 310stanger View Post
    wanna burn fat? get off your ass and do cardio and cut out anything processed and refined. simple as that. Eat multiple times a day to keep your metabolism elevated. SOME fat burners work, but people abuse them and in reality if you do what you are supposed to via diet and exercise you shouldn't need to buy fat burners.

There is ONE fat burner that I like, have used, it works, and it doesnt have any shady chemicals in it. Controlled Labs REDuction. you take one pill in the morning and one at night. I used this in obvious conjuction with correct diet and exercise and it was a noticeable difference.
    That's my plan

Quote Originally Posted by ibanez7 View Post
    before you go crazy on fishoil... do some research...

google search "mega dose fish oil"
    Those key words should help.

Also you have to make sure its clean fish oil. Cheap fish oil can contain mercury. Mercury can be deadly.
    Any suggestions of brand/where to buy?

Pewter
    2001 Camaro Z28 M6

fish oil in mega doses, meaning 20g a day can get expensive.

I trust the people at FIT RX over gnc and vitamin world.

Brands
    Carlson Fish Oil as a liquid is one of the best.

I never tried Flameout which is suppose to be good...

rice,its what's fo dinner LeadFarmer's Avatar

Silver/Black
    00' z28-R.I.P 00' WS6 M6

After reading this I took some fish oil this morning just to give it a shot and DAMN this stuff makes my burbs taste like SHIT up until I eat lunch, ugh I don't think I can do this everyday lol.

Pewter
    2001 Camaro Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by LeadFarmer View Post
    After reading this I took some fish oil this morning just to give it a shot and DAMN this stuff makes my burbs taste like SHIT up until I eat lunch, ugh I don't think I can do this everyday lol.

LOL i should have posted a warning... yes fish oil can give you nasty micro burps..

however if you use good quality fish oil gel tabs, such as NOW brand, you should be fine.

Surprisingly, walgreens and meijer brands are good too.

Fishoil that is lemon flavored helps.

Always take fish oil with food.. prevents the micro burp taste.

Dark Steel Metalic
    98 T/A

Any specific brand of protein you'd recommend?

Silver/Black
    00' z28-R.I.P 00' WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by excrider121 View Post
    Any specific brand of protein you'd recommend?
    there's a ton of choices out there, but as long as it's 100% protein isolate it should be fine. Also the less unnatural ingredients the better=cleaner.

Plant based protein isolates are good too, they're cleaner than whey proteins(animal based). But as far as absorption goes I think they take longer to break down, not completely sure on that.

I use gold standard and evo-whey
    Last edited by LeadFarmer; 10-20-2010 at 04:35 PM.

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

Take Adderall. I attained my six pack while on it. You don't even have to do anything. You could sit around and jerk off all day and you'd still lose weight. It kills your appetite and supercharges your metabolism.

This isn't a healthy choice though. It's a Schedule II drug and possessing it without a prescription is illegal and can land you a felony. Not to mention the other side effects of amphetamine use.

You could try the ECA stack, which is dosing Ephedra, Caffeine and Asprin. I think Ephedra has been banned in the United States for weight loss, but you can still buy it OTC as some asthma medication or something like that. Lots of guys have had great results while cutting using the ECA stack. Be warned though, Ephedra is known to cause heart problems. I think that's why it was banned as a dietary supplement.

Silver/Black
    00' z28-R.I.P 00' WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by 86 IROC-Z View Post
    Take Adderall. I attained my six pack while on it. You don't even have to do anything. You could sit around and jerk off all day and you'd still lose weight. It kills your appetite and supercharges your metabolism.

This isn't a healthy choice though. It's a Schedule II drug and possessing it without a prescription is illegal and can land you a felony. Not to mention the other side effects of amphetamine use.

You could try the ECA stack, which is dosing Ephedra, Caffeine and Asprin. I think Ephedra has been banned in the United States for weight loss, but you can still buy it OTC as some asthma medication or something like that. Lots of guys have had great results while cutting using the ECA stack. Be warned though, Ephedra is known to cause heart problems. I think that's why it was banned as a dietary supplement.
    this

silver w/flames
    99 mustang

Definately agree with Iroc. I haven't tried an eca stack yet but will after this winter. I'm currently about 10%bf and would like to cut a percent or two. Not knowing the specific rules I'll just say there is a drug many bodybuilders use to cut that is known to work wonders in burning fat...along the lines of albuterol.

Pewter
    2001 Camaro Z28 M6

my protein of choice is Integrated Supplements.

http://www.integratedsupplements.com...p0001.homepage

Reason being: (cleanest protein around)

No cholesterol
    All Natural Ingredients
    No Artificial Sweeteners
    No Artificial Flavors
    No Whey Concentrates!
    GMP Produced
    Certified Kosher
    No Lactose

Many proteins are dirty proteins that do more harm then good:
    -high cholesterol
    -fake sweetners
    etc

Intergrated Supplements has great creatine and fiber supplements too!

2002 Camaro

Most all supplements are useless. The supplement industry is big business with every company claiming X amount of gains possible with a given product.

Look at any fitness magazine and you'll see huge ripped guys that claim they use Muscletech, BSN, etc, etc.

What really works besides good old fashion hard exercise and proper nutrition? Steroids. Thats right steroids.

The problem is the media has villainized steroids and the people that use them with false information and scare tactics. Sure they can be abused like any drug but how often do you really read or watch on TV about people that die from steroid use? Not many I bet. Roid rage? Complete bullshit. An asshole will act like an asshole whether they are on steroids or not. The drugs have little to do with it. In fact many of the people that use them besides pro athletes, live a better lifestyles overall than the average joe who smokes, drinks and uses rec drugs.

Having said that, yes I use them in low to moderate doses and have been for the better part of over 10 years. The drawbacks? They make your libido equal to that of a teen entering puberty (not sure if that is a drawback though). The positives? Big, ripped, strong, easy to put on muscle, easy to keep off the fat.

Just wanted to mention to the OP there isn't a magic supplement pill but steroids are close when you put in the hard work at the gym and eat right.

silver w/flames
    99 mustang

Couldn't agree with you more. I recently watched the documentary "Bigger, Faster, Stronger...Steroids in America." The guy is the middle brother with the other two both being steroid users while he never has and is totally against it. He goes through the movie trying to inform people how bad they are yet each person and doctor he speaks to shoots him down and talks about the positives.

In the end he agrees and states you should get in the best shape you can and then use steroids. I personally don't use supplements other than protein as most of the stuff is junk and for the price I could buy something that will actually get the job done.

Imo wonder drugs are steroids and or hgh. Take them correctly including the proper post cycle therapy and you will meet or exceed your goals.

2002 Camaro

Bigger, Faster, Stronger was a good flick.

Thread Information