Black
    2001 Corvette

Maybe moving to SE Pennsylvania - questions?

Hey all,

I'm considering a promotion that would require me to move to SE Pennsylvania. I'll be working in a large area around the Harrisburg area. Any good places to live there? Any places to avoid?

I'd love to find a nice house with some acreage, but seems to be hard to find up there.

Would like to spend no more than 200k for the house. Suggestions?

Member Since Aug 2000 LS1 Eddie's Avatar
    Carlisle is pretty nice and reasonably close to Harisburg. They have really awsome car shows at the fair grounds too. www.carsatcarlisle.com Come on up, PA isn't bad at all espically when it comes to cars!
    1995 Camaro Z-28
    Black/Neutral|A4 GU5
    Modifications:
    Borla, MAC Mid's, SLP Level 1 Suspension with Prokit, SLP STB, SLP CAI, 1LE Elbow,Phillips HID, Advanced Induction 180cc Heads/224 Cam,Built 355, Yank 3200

Black
    98 Camaro SS

Hey man im from south eastern PA and the car sh ows arent bad here,carlisle is a huge show and in the spring and summer there is the ocean city md car show that is huge too...not a bad area but finding things to do in the winter when it snows could be a problem unless you have some ground and snowmobiles or 4wheelers!! but definatly not a bad area!

sebring silver
    99 Z28 convertible

Harrisburg isn't really se PA, it' not like you would be moving to Philly suburbs. Even so good luck trying to find a nice house plus acreage for 200g, if you want to sacrifice a really nice house you should be able to find an acre or two.
    Hershey is a real nice area.

black
    2000 Z28 (sold)

I live in lancaster, we have quite a few f-bodies around the area. We usually hangout in York on the weekends. Harrisburg is actually considered south central PA. I agree with spanky, Hershey is a nice area.

Awaiting Activation

pewter

if you travel about 15 mins north of harrisburg you get to Halifax PA... that is where I am from

not to bad of an area... cost of living alittle lower than harrisburg/ carlisle area

JUST RECONSIDER!!! I HATE PA!!! cold, snowing, the roads are a joke (pot holes everywhere) but there is a Pot Hole hotline to let Penndot know where a new one pops up... 3 yrs later they will show up to dump some tar a chips in the damn thing and that is awesome running through a 6" puddle of tar and chips in the middle of July when is 110* outside......

yellowscremr
    I'm in Harrisburg. Hershey, Carlise, Mechanisburg is nice. If u have kids get into the Cumberland Valley School District........wife teaches in Central Dauphin..............enough said...

BTW welcome to PA

I'm from York, pa and that is about 30 minutes south of harrisburg... Its a pretty nice place to live and their is plenty of lsx cars running around in york.

Blue

Im over by Hanover,not to bad of an area,been luck so far with a warm winter,except for today,those winds,brrrr

NBM
    2001 SS Camaro

Have you been realtor.com alot? Check out the Dillsburg area. You can still find some decent houses with a little land you can build an extra garage on in that area, and not far at all from Harrisburg. Do you have kids? The schools are another thing to consider if you do. Good luck, I think the area here is a great place to live by the way.

Thread Information