Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Leaving for Lackland soon

Black
    2000 Z28 M6

Question Marriage and Divorce

Not sure what got me thinking about this last night... but first off let me start by saying im not married... nor am i close at the time... my question is.. if you get married what our loopholes so the woman doesnt take all your shit...?

if i got married and got divorced and some bitch took my car i would kill... seriously..

so i was thinking say she is all like "i want a divorce" if my name were on the title on the car and deed to a house etc.. could i sell them before all the lawyer stuff... say like to a friend or something, and "buy" them back after everything is settled...

Basically im wondering how and if there is a way not to get screwed on a divorce. (besides the obvious "dont get married")

Black
    97 z28

Pre-nup is the only way... Even if you sold the house.. which you couldn't do without your spouses approval since she would own half of it... But anyhow, even if you did.. Half the money would be hers.. so you couldn't buy it back. If it's something you are seriously worried about.. IE if you have alot to lose, Pre-nups are not very uncommon.. Just usually kinda awkward to bring up.
    -SprFstZ28

Black
    99 SS

anything that you own before you get married, then if you get divorced the bitch cant touch the stuff. so buy your house before you marry and keep it in your name!

your parts guy!!! 1fastcamarosss11's Avatar

trans am 00 ws6
    1998 camaro ss vert

Quote Originally Posted by Zboner
    anything that you own before you get married, then if you get divorced the bitch cant touch the stuff. so buy your house before you marry and keep it in your name!
    that's no so true. when married they go from the day she moved in even if not married. as long as some money is being paid.

Black
    99 SS

i mean if you own the house and say not live there and is paid off then she cant touch it

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

depends on the lawyers and what you guys settle in court. generally speaking you own half of eachothers posessions. But unless she's a vindictive cunt, she probably won't want the car...where as she'll compensate and say "give me the house" court will always sway for her

Black
    99 SS

and will always get the kids no matter what usually, lol

Black, Blue
    07 TBSS, 07 GSXR1000

A pre nup is the only way to keep your stuff. What is mine before the marriage and what is mine after the divorce is a load of shit.

NBM
    '00 Z28

There's always arranging for her to have a misfortunate accident before the divorce.

john

Black
    2000 Z28 M6

Yeah i figured a prenup is the only way... I dont have a house now.. but i have my car, and i have quite a bit of money in a mutual fund... which IF! i ever get married... there is no way someone is going to touch than money besides myself. As said before i dont know what brought this up, i think i musta saw something on tv that made me think of it.. i think i was watching cheaters or something LOL
    2000 Black Camaro Z28 - !Cags, Spec Stage 3 clutch, Drill Mod, Smooth Bellows, High Flow Lid, Free Ram Air Mod, 150 Wet Shot Cold Fusion Nitrous

N/A 333rwhp 340 RWTQ
    N20 476RWHP 493RWT (Finally got it tuned)
    http://www.dakotafbodies.com

"now,you pissed us off!!" Trouble maker's Avatar
    A little heads up info for everyone!Even with a Pre-nup agreement,Money and the best Lawyer will prevail.....Guaranteed!

Black
    97 z28

Quote Originally Posted by Trouble maker
    A little heads up info for everyone!Even with a Pre-nup agreement,Money and the best Lawyer will prevail.....Guaranteed!
    Mostly because pre-nups ALWAYS have a mistake in them.

They usually work alot better when you list the certain things you DON'T want your spouse to have access to, IE mutual fund, car...

They always get screwed up when people try to blanket everything with "ohh she can have 5% of everything if we divorce".

Black
    2000 Z28 M6

nomarriage.com rocks... ive seen that before, i LMAO the first time i read it

NBM
    '00 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by john
    quite right slick.

member since may 2000 nhraformula's Avatar

black
    2000 nhra edition formula

do like i did. buy a house in youre mothers name.
    pay the car off before you get married.
    have a secret bank account to where you name is nowhere to be found.

needless to say when i got divorced, all i lost out on was the ring.
    losing 5k is better than half of everything.
    2000 nhra edition formula
    a few bolt ons, 379 rwhp
    11.96 @113.25

SamD_Ind

Black
    2000 Trans Am

Have the house & car in your parents name. She can't touch them. lol btdt

NBM
    '00 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by nhraformula
    do like i did. buy a house in youre mothers name.
    pay the car off before you get married.
    have a secret bank account to where you name is nowhere to be found.

needless to say when i got divorced, all i lost out on was the ring.
    losing 5k is better than half of everything.
    So, you married a woman with the predetermination to have a divorce? That's what it looks like. I understand protecting yourself, but why the hell would you marry a person who you believe it may ever be neccesary to protect yourself from financially? Seems to me that you were trying to live life with a safety net. How can you ever really dive into love with all of your heart when you have a safety net? Seems like a waste to me.

In all seriousness, if you want to avoid a woman taking everything from you when you get divorced all you need to do is find a woman that you can live happily with, and she can live happily with you for the rest of your lives. You know, the way marriage is supposed to be.

Don't marry a woman because you have great sex. Don't marry a woman because she's beautiful. Don't marry a woman because you have history. Don't marry a woman because you have a good time when you are together, most of the time.

Marry a woman who you have respect for. Marry a woman who you are able to have conversations with. Marry a woman who you care about more than yourself. Marry a woman who cares about you more than herself. Marry a woman who loves you for you and doesn't want to change you. Marry a woman who you do not want to change. Marry a woman who has the same values and beleifs you do. Marry a woman who you can picture being the mother of your children. Marry a woman who you picture being happy with once she's put on weight. Marry a woman who is your best friend.

Then you can keep your stuff.

Black
    97 z28

Quote Originally Posted by toneloc60
    So, you married a woman with the predetermination to have a divorce? That's what it looks like. I understand protecting yourself, but why the hell would you marry a person who you believe it may ever be neccesary to protect yourself from financially? Seems to me that you were trying to live life with a safety net. How can you ever really dive into love with all of your heart when you have a safety net? Seems like a waste to me.

In all seriousness, if you want to avoid a woman taking everything from you when you get divorced all you need to do is find a woman that you can live happily with, and she can live happily with you for the rest of your lives. You know, the way marriage is supposed to be.

Don't marry a woman because you have great sex. Don't marry a woman because she's beautiful. Don't marry a woman because you have history. Don't marry a woman because you have a good time when you are together, most of the time.

Marry a woman who you have respect for. Marry a woman who you are able to have conversations with. Marry a woman who you care about more than yourself. Marry a woman who cares about you more than herself. Marry a woman who loves you for you and doesn't want to change you. Marry a woman who you do not want to change. Marry a woman who has the same values and beleifs you do. Marry a woman who you can picture being the mother of your children. Marry a woman who you picture being happy with once she's put on weight. Marry a woman who is your best friend.

Then you can keep your stuff.
    Man.. that's just about perfect.. Here's another example of what kind of woman to marry, and this is word for word:

Me: "I think I want to get another camaro?"

(after a two second pause)

Wife: "Ok, but I want new closet doors"

(My brain.. Closet doors = $800 at the most)

Me: "ummm ok.. "

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information