Thread: Man of Steel

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Man of Steel

I can't wait...that is all

Man of Steel (2013) - IMDb Check out the casting this movie is going to kick ass...bringing back General Zod

Black
    1999 Z/28 M6

don't care for superman. but i like henry cavill. kinda wish that he would have passed on this and waited to try out for the next batman series as bruce wayne/batman.

05 Wrangler

Quote Originally Posted by 1MileCrash View Post
    don't care for superman. but i like henry cavill. kinda wish that he would have passed on this and waited to try out for the next batman series as bruce wayne/batman.
    Ahh man and this coming from an 80's baby...thought we all were supe fans. Batman is more popular ATM but i'm thinking that will change if this reboot is a success like batman was. Guess i'll just bump this thread in june 2013

Gone:2001 Camaro SS #4846

Batman is more popular because he was in good movies recently, not in Crapfests like Superman Returns.

Batman's praises weren't being sang when he was George Clooney in a batsuit with nipples, in that near franchise-killing turd Batman and Robin.

Superman needs a good writer and a good movie.

I hope the new one succeeds.

White
    1999 Transam WS6

I just don't think superman can ever be as popular because superman is just a cheesy-ass hero. He can do nearly anything you can think of, but he gets destroyed by a glowing green rock.

Batman,on the other hand, is more realistic and can have more happen to him. Batman lives in a city on the brink of destruction and despair. His environment, back story,and villains just make for a good story.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

Quote Originally Posted by Aetos View Post
    I just don't think superman can ever be as popular because superman is just a cheesy-ass hero. He can do nearly anything you can think of, but he gets destroyed by a glowing green rock.

Batman,on the other hand, is more realistic and can have more happen to him. Batman lives in a city on the brink of destruction and despair. His environment, back story,and villains just make for a good story.
    agree

Black
    1999 Z/28 M6

i don't care for superman because he is just too damned powerful. and his only weakness is a rock that he used to live on. batman...while possessing over the top toys and gadgets and superior strength is for all intents and purposes just a guy with the same flaws and weaknesses as any of the rest of us. i think he's a much more relatable character whereas superman is the pure mantle of goodness.

yes batman was mired in shit with joel schumacher in the 90s and the previous attempts at rebooting superman failed lately as well. if man of steel turns out to be a great flick then good for the studio and the actors.
    Last edited by 1MileCrash; 12-22-2011 at 09:45 AM.

SOM
    2002 WS6 M6 - 461hp 406tq

General Zod?....c'mon it's been done. They are passing up a story line fans really want to see and that's a Doomsday plot. I also thought Superman Returns was great and Brandon Routh did a good job. They should have continued the storyline with his son, cast a better looking Lois Lane and had Doomsday come in to give him an ass pounding.

Fully agree with a Doomsday plot line, fully agree with a different Lois Lane, but disagree with Lois and Superman having a son.

Read Larry Niven's Man of Steel, Woman of Kleenex.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Won't watch because it doesn't have the cast from Smallville! Tom Welling makes the perfect Superman IMHO and Michael Rosenbaum was the best Lex ever, no "ifs", "ands" or "buts"!

Do agree with the Doomsday plot! Smallville tried it but it failed due to lack of money for the project.

05 Wrangler

Quote Originally Posted by BrntWS6 View Post
    General Zod?....c'mon it's been done. They are passing up a story line fans really want to see and that's a Doomsday plot. I also thought Superman Returns was great and Brandon Routh did a good job. They should have continued the storyline with his son, cast a better looking Lois Lane and had Doomsday come in to give him an ass pounding.
    Just about everything's been done one way or another...how many times has batman and the joker been done? Doomsday plot would be awesome but again it's been done many times in toons/comics.

SOM
    2002 WS6 M6 - 461hp 406tq

Comics and cartoons are one thing, a major motion film with a $175,000,000 budget is a lot different. This is the guy that killed Superman in the 90's and there bringing back Zod, just like the original Superman II.

Black
    1999 Z/28 M6

okay. so...another issue i realized i have with superman. costume/alter ego. who the hell is clark kent fooling with that getup? i mean really. "hello lois i'm superman. i have impeccably coiffed and slicked black hair as opposed to that weak turd at your office with the glasses and the comb-over who otherwise looks just like me but isn't me." a haircut and glasses makes the single worst excuse for a alter ego disguise ever. if...IF...clark ever scored with lois he'd surely have to do it at her place where he could duck out before a morning shower so she wouldn't catch him with his glasses off and his hair wet and slicked back otherwise the jig would be up.

I am now a bit apprehensive on this one.

I just watched Zack Snyder's "Sucker Punch" and it pretty much indeed sucked.

Since he was the writer and director and it was fully his "vision", I'm now a bit worried what he'll do with Supes (though it couldn't be as bad as Superman 3 and 4 or Superman Returns)

Snyder's film 300 was good, Watchmen almost rose to the level of OK (Sorry Zack, we really didn't need a blue CGI penis on screen to advance the story), and this Sucker Punch should have been named Sucker Movie

Black
    99 Z-28

I got some work lined up for Superman at the end of the month. It has something to do with Airforce cargo planes?

Thread Information