Suspension:
    Poly Trans mount, Solid Motor mount, Strut tower Brace
    Performance:
    SLP intake, Smooth Bellow, A.I.R Delete, M/T's on Salad Shooters
    Apperance:
    Re-Badged, Ultragauge, Whistler Mod, Racing Seats, Auto Hurst Shift Handle

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

just shows how much of a joke our legal system is that a person can get that many DUI's and still be on the road...

Pewter
    2001 Camaro Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
    just shows how much of a joke our legal system is that a person can get that many DUI's and still be on the road...
    exactly

Black
    2002 Camaro SS (crashed)

The system is clearly flawed but its what we have to work with. I dont think the crime fits the punishments. Has he hurt someone while driving drunk? Then thats something else. I'm not a lawyer and not trying to say what he did is smart but that sentence is pretty harsh. If the judge clams his preventing a accident... then the judge should have gave him life at his 3rd DUI? Get my point? You can't jail someone for a crime they haven't commented yet. (stats say he will drive drunk again, I know) but there is "future" police. INB4MINORITYREPORT.

04 Cobra 'vert - M6 mysti
    02 WS6 coupe - A4 red

I dont think the crime fits the punishments. Has he hurt someone while driving drunk?
    They don't make any mention of other sentences that may have been handed to him. I'd like to think his license was suspended/revoked before number 16. Nor do they mention any previous jail time he may have served. I bet he did a year or more in a city/county jail at some point for racking up multiple DUIs. I doubt he got up to 16 without any kind of serious penalty. He's just such a stupid, selfish, repeat offender that he apparently never learned, and that's why he now gets 99 years. I mean, 16 DUIs? With DUI deaths so common and heavily publiced in the media, coupled with the extreme repeat-offender status and his callous testimony, that's what got him this sentence. It's not like he got punished this severely for the first, or second, or third, or fourth, or fifth... well you get it... He was determined to kill somebody, it's probably statistically unlikely that he got this far without killing someone. These are only the 16 times he got caught, after all...

At least, that's what I like to think. It's equally likely that the system just sucks and let him get this far unpunished. We'll never know I guess...

Last edited by Schmalgar; 03-25-2011 at 08:49 AM.

Black
    2002 Camaro SS (crashed)

Quote Originally Posted by Schmalgar View Post
    They don't make any mention of other sentences that may have been handed to him.

It's equally likely that the system just sucks and let him get this far unpunished. We'll never know I guess...

I agree, he is habitchual. His additude shouldn't effect the facts but thats because he probably doesnt have a desent lawyer. I would blame the county for not taking action sooner. In california, never see people getting 15th or 16th DUI (drugs and murder is something else). Plus you couldnt get car insuc which is manitory here. Come on now. It's always TX or AL, nothing personal My thoughts are that DUI in that county doesnt carry enough weight to make a difference. So the judge just made him an example. He would have over $100,000 is fines after 10th DUI since each cause just about $10k in cali.
    Last edited by Soltakr; 03-25-2011 at 08:58 AM.

Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

The article said he will be eligible for parole in 10-15 yrs. With the overcrowding of jails I doubt he will be denied. But like Schmalgar said its his 16th time being CAUGHT. The man at this point knew the consequences and kept on going. His attitude about not caring if he hurt others I'm sure hurt him in the long run more then anything with the judges sentencing.

Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

Of course after looking at his pics 10-15 yrs may be more then the man has left. Especially if he drinks as hard as it looks.

02 WS6 coupe - A4 red

Quote Originally Posted by Soltakr View Post
    In california, never see people getting 15th or 16th DUI (drugs and murder is something else)..
    Sad, but funny!

Quote Originally Posted by Soltakr View Post
    My thoughts are that DUI in that county doesnt carry enough weight to make a difference. So the judge just made him an example. He would have over $100,000 is fines after 10th DUI since each cause just about $10k in cali
    Possible. Yeah he certainly doesn't look like he could afford any substantial fine, but you never know...

Black
    2002 Camaro SS (crashed)

Quote Originally Posted by raynor139 View Post
    Of course after looking at his pics 10-15 yrs may be more then the man has left. Especially if he drinks as hard as it looks.
    You're right, it pretty much a life sentence

blue
    2000 SS

There was a guy in the news up here the other day for mltiple DUI's. He decided to be his own DA this time. He showed up an hour and a half late for court and was drinking a can of beer walking into the court and had four more cans with him. The judge gave him jail time but I forget how much.

Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

Front page this morning was a drunk driving crash that killed 2. Drunk driver was a 20 yr old in a Eclipse. The fact this guy made it to the age he is without hurting anyone is amazing.

02 WS6 coupe - A4 red

Quote Originally Posted by IHSS View Post
    There was a guy in the news up here the other day for mltiple DUI's. He decided to be his own DA this time. He showed up an hour and a half late for court and was drinking a can of beer walking into the court and had four more cans with him. The judge gave him jail time but I forget how much.
    That's just fantastic.

02 WS6 coupe - A4 red

Quote Originally Posted by raynor139 View Post
    Front page this morning was a drunk driving crash that killed 2. Drunk driver was a 20 yr old in a Eclipse. The fact this guy made it to the age he is without hurting anyone is amazing.
    That's just tragic. If only drunk drivers managed to kill themselves rather than innocent people, perhaps people would feel more discouraged from doing it.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

The whole reasoning behind "Drunk Drivers" surviving the wrecks and the victims being killed is "being relaxed".

When a Drunk hits someone, they are usually relaxed and not in a panic. The victim on the other hand, sees the drunk and usually panics and tenses up. This results in much more injury.

I agree it would be very hard to see a car coming head on with you and not freak out
    ┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐

Man: The Mods you are fighting,
    they are the biggest Men I have ever seen. I
    wouldn't want to fight them!

Me: That is why no one will remember your name!

02 WS6 coupe - A4 red

Yeah. Ironic, isn't it? Bracing for impact gets you killed, being limp keeps the drunk alive. Lame...

2002 C5 - M6 - Blue
    2000 Z28 - A4 - Pewter

I guess it would relate back to heart rate and blood pressure... Being in a panic, would cause the heart rate to spike going into the collision. Any cuts or open wounds, and the blood will flow profusely out. Being relaxed... well... it won't.

Yet, if alcohol thins the blood, wouldn't that make it much more easier for it to seep out? Ahhh, getting sick just thinking about it. It's almost 1:30 in the morning on a Saturday night, I need to find another hobby On the other hand, I hear they make some potent shine in the big house. Never know, maybe his future cell buddy will make him gay for the stay

Thread Information