NBM
    '00 A4 SS

This makes me sad to....

Hope this isn't a repost but man this makes me damn sad.... I will truly miss the performance cars if they must stop making them....
    Last edited by Transamws6; 08-05-2009 at 01:15 PM.

Sunset Orange Met
    2001 Camaro SS

That Is what We do What We do. NEVER let that feeling DIE. Thanks.

NBM
    '00 A4 SS

Quote Originally Posted by MOJO-GOAT View Post
    lol what

gold
    2000 honder accord

thats why we need to look at hydrogen tech because we can still keep horsepower and motorsport as we know it... electric and hybrids suck. Maybe diesel is the next step.

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

The connection between man and machine is slowly being lost. For us whom appreciate what it is to have horse power at our right foot these cars are in our blood. Sadly, today the connection is just not there for a lot of people. To them, a car is only a means of getting from here to there and nothing more meaningfull than the grass clippings set out in a bag at the end of their drive way. The atitude, that there's no need for a powerful car is spreading to every corner of our country. I believe that we/us understand that our cars are more an extention of ourselves and personality. To us they are more than just a fad, but a way of life. We wear them rather like armour that we strap on everyday to do battle with like minded people. The feeling of power, and wind through our hair, a sertain tranquility, as we roll on and off the throttle. The vibration in our hands, and feet, permiates us, this living breathing thing we call a muscle car. The pull of G-forces and pulse raising excelleration, goes to the heart of those not confined to just getting somewhere. We pour our hearts, blood, sweat, and sometimes tears into our horse drawn chariots of steel and iron and fire. We ARE the rare breed. Though we are becomming more rare with each passing year the muscle car will live on forever. Even when their song echoing in the valleys and the thunderous sound of that team of horses under our hoods has fallen silent. We will remember........
    Last edited by Smittro; 08-06-2009 at 02:57 AM.
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

Gray/ White
    09Ram 1500 83 Thunderturd

When I get sad I curb stomp a kitten

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Quote Originally Posted by GTP231 View Post
    When I get sad I curb stomp a kitten

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Bump

midnight blue
    2000 Pontiac ram air ws-6

The connection between man and machine is slowly being lost. For us whom appreciate what it is to have horse power at our right foot these cars are in our blood. Sadly, today the connection is just not there for a lot of people. To them, a car is only a means of getting from here to there and nothing more meaningfull than the grass clippings set out in a bag at the end of their drive way. The atitude, that there's no need for a powerful car is spreading to every corner of our country. I believe that we/us understand that our cars are more an extention of ourselves and personality. To us they are more than just a fad, but a way of life. We wear them rather like armour that we strap on everyday to do battle with like minded people. The feeling of power, and wind through our hair, a sertain tranquility, as we roll on and off the throttle. The vibration in our hands, and feet, permiates us, this living breathing thing we call a muscle car. The pull of G-forces and pulse raising excelleration, goes to the heart of those not confined to just getting somewhere. We pour our hearts, blood, sweat, and sometimes tears into our horse drawn chariots of steel and iron and fire. We ARE the rare breed. Though we are becomming more rare with each passing year the muscle car will live on forever. Even when their song echoing in the valleys and the thunderous sound of that team of horses under our hoods has fallen silent. We will remember........
    That brought a tear to my eye man....

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by knightryda01 View Post
    That brought a tear to my eye man....
    Glad you enjoyed it..

08 HD FXSTB
    2010 F350

Quote Originally Posted by MOJO-GOAT View Post

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

it is sad..i have felt the winds of this change for the past 2 years since i have had the car....but what amazes me is my inability to explain to people why i picked my car..as people say "oh that car is a money pit" or "why do you need a car like that?" and what summed it up wasn't words..it was actually a event that put me into a lack of words...about a week ago..i was driving on some back roads at about 10:30pm...these back roads are paved and it was a saturday..but oddly..everything was eerily quiet..no traffic..no sound..my t tops were off ..and as i drove down this nice long road..i happened to look up and saw the sky..it was pitch black but the stars were out..and i sighed ..it was a beautiful night...i wasn't speeding..i was going 55 and looking around..saw the green corn feilds and both sides..radio was off and all i could hear was the wind and the sound of my ls1 out of LTs ,ory and a magnaflow catback..very tame but has a great sound to it ..and i immediately thought back to the late 60s early 70s. About how i am sure people all over the place where driving their firebirds and camaros and challengers etc ...and how they must of had this same feeling....a feeling of perfection and bliss..to be honest...i didn't want to reach my point B..i just wanted to keep on driving for as long as i could...it was a "spiritual" link between those who drove the first muscle cars and me ..it was a awe inspiring experience ..like something out of the movies.. It was like everything was at peace..even the bumps were not so harsh..the road..having been driven on by 100s of cars that day..was ever so happy to see me and my car..so it created the perfect driving experience ..that is why i have the car i have..and i hope one day my kids will experience that and fall even more in love with muscle/performance...im sorry if it sounds corny..because maybe it was..but it was the perfect 10 minute drive for me..i would say fewer then 10% of people driving have had that nirvana moment...you dont get it when your filling up your hybrid and you dont get it when you hear the whistle of a electric motor...
    Last edited by shady milkman; 08-06-2009 at 12:30 PM.

Impounded
    gmcheviac

^Shady, you're absolutely like me in my truck. It's not fast but damn I love driving it. My family says I was born in the wrong generation. To me it must have been the greatest job ever to be an originator in engine and car technology back in the day. It would be soo nice to work in a race shop back in the day. And people just want to rush and speed point a to b with their heads up their butt, just flying along the road. I like driving hard when appropriate but I like to soak in the experience too. They're just 10 minutes late for Billy's soccer practice and whatnot. I find my self taking the longest route possible subconciously at times.

01 modded gtp

wow that gave me goose bumps. I can not imagine a world were there are no performence cars. I have loved cars all my life and always will, but it kills me to think that every car on the road soon will be some pussy hybrid with no soul and no guts

Impounded
    gmcheviac

99% of cars these days are pussy cars with no guts. The difference is in the future they will be electric pussy cars, atleast they'll have some good torque down low. But the gubbment would probably limit the power, they have to screw everything up.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    it is sad..i have felt the winds of this change for the past 2 years since i have had the car....but what amazes me is my inability to explain to people why i picked my car..as people say "oh that car is a money pit" or "why do you need a car like that?" and what summed it up wasn't words..it was actually a event that put me into a lack of words...about a week ago..i was driving on some back roads at about 10:30pm...these back roads are paved and it was a saturday..but oddly..everything was eerily quiet..no traffic..no sound..my t tops were off ..and as i drove down this nice long road..i happened to look up and saw the sky..it was pitch black but the stars were out..and i sighed ..it was a beautiful night...i wasn't speeding..i was going 55 and looking around..saw the green corn feilds and both sides..radio was off and all i could hear was the wind and the sound of my ls1 out of LTs ,ory and a magnaflow catback..very tame but has a great sound to it ..and i immediately thought back to the late 60s early 70s. About how i am sure people all over the place where driving their firebirds and camaros and challengers etc ...and how they must of had this same feeling....a feeling of perfection and bliss..to be honest...i didn't want to reach my point B..i just wanted to keep on driving for as long as i could...it was a "spiritual" link between those who drove the first muscle cars and me ..it was a awe inspiring experience ..like something out of the movies.. It was like everything was at peace..even the bumps were not so harsh..the road..having been driven on by 100s of cars that day..was ever so happy to see me and my car..so it created the perfect driving experience ..that is why i have the car i have..and i hope one day my kids will experience that and fall even more in love with muscle/performance...im sorry if it sounds corny..because maybe it was..but it was the perfect 10 minute drive for me..i would say fewer then 10% of people driving have had that nirvana moment...you dont get it when your filling up your hybrid and you dont get it when you hear the whistle of a electric motor...
    Well said

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    I've had that feeling a time or two...perfect harmony with you and your machine...and nothing else matters

Thread Information