Black
    2000 Trans Am

Major Injury in 2006?

This year I ruptured my achilles tendon. Didn't think it would drag as long as it has. I still haven't been able to walk, but the tendon is now intact and I have a wound vac on the wound. Biggest thing slowing me down has been the wounds failure to properly heal. Thought I'd share this in case any of you have had a major injury and felt down in the dumps.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v3...4/My%20Injury/

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

You need to talk to troublemaker ......I cant remember what all happened to his back but a major ouchy......
    I had a torn RCL .... We used to sit around at PT and talk smack about who hurt more shoulder guys or knee guys ...
    But sorry to hear about your injury hope everything heals up good ...

Black
    2000 Trans Am

Right Crucial Ligament? I'll tell you this much, the most pain I've felt has been when they remove the wound vac dressing. Pulled my skin, and my hair clean off. I had to get a shot of Demerol which knocked me out in about 30 min. I think knee guys hurt more by the way...lol.

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

rotator cup ligament ...
    That was what we talked about ... Knees I think hurt more but is more constant , shoulder will stop hurting if you stay stil , but sometimes a reflex will kick in and ...WOW

Black
    2000 Trans Am

Ha! I had that problem. Hurt it in football then aggrevated it more in the weight room. Went through therapy for it and havent had a problem since.

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

Your lucky .. Had a bone spur under it and had to get it removed .. It dont hurt anymore , but dont have full range of motion .... thats why I dont work on cars like I used to ..

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Quote Originally Posted by tmartinez91084 View Post
    This year I ruptured my achilles tendon. Didn't think it would drag as long as it has. I still haven't been able to walk, but the tendon is now intact and I have a wound vac on the wound. Biggest thing slowing me down has been the wounds failure to properly heal. Thought I'd share this in case any of you have had a major injury and felt down in the dumps.

how did u do it ???

Black
    2000 Trans Am

sounds stupid, but I walked off a golf cart. It wasn't moving by the way. It's kinda of embarrasing but, eh...The night before I had the best night ever. Next day at work, (at a dealership, we use golf carts to shuttle around customers) I was with a buddy. I felt hung over, like a normal afterparty night, and when I walked off, I felt the surge in my left leg. I thought I had a sprained ankle, or a fracture. It wasn't till I was at the Doc that he quickly diagnosed a ruptured achilles

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

I know where you are coming from, ten years ago I had both bones in my left arm shattered playing basketball. From the middle of my forearm down the wrist, it hung at a 90 degree angle. I had 13 screws and 2 plates put in and broke it 3 more times with that metal inside there. It took a good year and a half to finally fully heal but it did and I never have any issues with it anymore. Going through injuries like yours is a tough physical/mental ordeal. I remember getting down in the dumps, not being able to live a normal life, and wondering if I was ever going to be the same again. Hang in there and things will be better sooner than you know it. Keep your spirits up the best you can and god bless man!
    CCW SP 500s 18x10 275/35 18x11 295/35
    SLP CME with GMMG style catback
    Painted manta stripe

Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    I'd rather be bi than full homo!!!!

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

sounds stupid, but I walked off a golf cart. It wasn't moving by the way. It's kinda of embarrasing but, eh...The night before I had the best night ever. Next day at work, (at a dealership, we use golf carts to shuttle around customers) I was with a buddy. I felt hung over, like a normal afterparty night, and when I walked off, I felt the surge in my left leg. I thought I had a sprained ankle, or a fracture. It wasn't till I was at the Doc that he quickly diagnosed a ruptured achilles
    I have heard of stuff like that. Crazy how some small things cause major damage while people can do extreme things with no injury. Good luck on getting better. Hang in there

"now,you pissed us off!!" Trouble maker's Avatar
    I am right along with you.....refer back to my back surgery posts.Hang in there,and get ready for a long recovery...I'm with you all the way.....

Thread Information