Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Made in U.S.A.

Impounded

Red
    99 TA

Made in U.S.A.

Does anyone ever stop and look at this anymore?

I remember 20 years ago that there was a big push, and tons of TV commercials always pushing for people to "check the label" on products and to purchase made in the U.S.A. items. I still do this on items that I don't really need. But when you look around at all the crap you own, its not made in the U.S.A., and its not even made in Mexico, Canada, or even Japan. Its all crap from CHINA. In the 70's-80's we were all worried about Japan owning this country with all stuff they were selling here. But even the high end electronics that Japan came up with like Sony, now even bare the Made In China stickers on them now. And we wonder why this country has lost its foot hold in the global economy.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

I always do.

white
    99 Trans am

I would try to buy "made in the USA" products, but check the stores shelves... we don't make anything anymore.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

New company here in San Antonio is making MADE IN CHINA stickers. Course they only employ illegal Mexicans.

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

^^ christ, China could do that cheaper than the Mexicans

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Yeah but the Mexicans invented refried beans so we hire them. Chinese just got BokChow or some shit made out of Duck intestines.

Old: 00 WS6, 02 Z06, 79TA
    11 F350 CC 6.7L

If Im researching a product and notice its made in China I skip out because I know it will most likely be crap. The U.S. made equivelant is 9/10 times more expensive but usually worth the extra in the long run. I noticed this a lot when looking for parts for my AR15s. I wouldnt dare have a communist part on one of those anyway!

LPM
    2000 Camaro SS

I just look for anywhere but China.

If I can keep my money in this hemisphere, that's a plus.

If I can keep my money in the USA, that's a double plus.

If I can keep my money in California, that's really the goods.

If I can keep my money in my home town, that's best of all.

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

i agree with all you guys, and i do take notice of american made products. But I can tell ya right now just counting the room im in, if I were to get rid of every product in it because it was made in china, the room would be nearly bare. Hell I'm pretty sure this laptop I post on is made in china. Its an ACER which I believe is a chinese company

Impounded

Red
    99 TA

Quote Originally Posted by 310stanger View Post
    Hell I'm pretty sure this laptop I post on is made in china. Its an ACER which I believe is a chinese company

See thats exactly what started this topic. I dissected a 8 year old Sony VIAO and every part had made in China stamped on it. I was a little on the pissed side because I thought it was coming from Japan. I know, I know, how said is that. But I just don't think you can get a TV or Computer now that hasn't got at least 80% china in it.

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

Quote Originally Posted by RoysTransAM View Post
    See thats exactly what started this topic. I dissected a 8 year old Sony VIAO and every part had made in China stamped on it. I was a little on the pissed side because I thought it was coming from Japan. I know, I know, how said is that. But I just don't think you can get a TV or Computer now that hasn't got at least 80% china in it.
    I know what you mean though. I think most people can I agree that if not currently, at least at one point in time it was kind of a known thing that japanese made stuff was of higher quality then things made in china. But I guess companies like Sony oversee that china meets their quality standards.

Impounded

Red
    99 TA

In the notebook world, theres a lot of pressure to make them lite. I would think coming from china that would add at least 2 pounds of lead. Just a thought.

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

Quote Originally Posted by RoysTransAM View Post
    In the notebook world, theres a lot of pressure to make them lite. I would think coming from china that would add at least 2 pounds of lead. Just a thought.
    kinda of topic of electronics, but I was just looking at my hockey skates. Now for years skates were made in Canada. The ones I got now are made in freakin china. Designed in Canada with Canadian materials but assembled in China. I hope they dont fall apart

Impounded

Red
    99 TA

Bowling balls are going that way too. You would think the cost to move bowling balls across the big ass pond would cost more than anything else. And yet it cost me like $30 to ship one 100 miles.

NBM
    1998 Z-28

I always check labels and often bug my family to buy products I know are American made

Impounded

Red
    99 TA

Just about the only thing we still make that isn't being challenge by China.....

Movies. Sure the DVD it comes stamped out on is probably made in China, but the actual movie is probably not China.

And food? Nope sorry we are importing more and more of that too now.

Old: 00 WS6, 02 Z06, 79TA
    11 F350 CC 6.7L

I think Japan comes out with some high quality products. They take a lot of pride in their craftsmanship just like we do. Think of Canon and Nikon optics for cameras and rifle scopes. All of my best Ibanez and ESP guitars are made in Japan as well. I've done a few military exercises with the Japanese and they're always interested in what we do and very grateful for what we offer them when they come work with us. Considering what both out contries went through I'd say all the guys I have met had a great attitude.

As for any Red Star country... their products can kiss my

Impounded

Red
    99 TA

Quote Originally Posted by ArcticZ06 View Post
    I think Japan comes out with some high quality products. They take a lot of pride in their craftsmanship just like we do. Think of Canon and Nikon optics for cameras and rifle scopes. All of my best Ibanez and ESP guitars are made in Japan as well. I've done a few military exercises with the Japanese and they're always interested in what we do and very grateful for what we offer them when they come work with us. Considering what both out contries went through I'd say all the guys I have met had a great attitude.

As for any Red Star country... their products can kiss my
    You know, I completely agree. I love the Japan history. They took a swift kick in the ass, and held no grudge. Instead of taking a pounding and getting all bitter about it, they took their country in a whole different direction. And the one thing I've always noticed was they don't really invent anything, they just seem to take other countries ideas and make them better. China takes everyone else's ideas and makes the cheaper and shittier. USA is still the inventor. But once invented we turn it over to some other country to make it and give up on it.

Bright Red
    1999 Trans Am Ws6

Some products I have it is illegal to export them outside of the us/canada wich is awesome cause I know that means they are the tits! As far as other shit, I buy via brand, not country. I don't care if it is made in kualampur, if it has great online reviews, and user reviews saying it lasts, I will buy it.

On a side note about China, we tried using them at work to supply us with this pentagon shaped metal plate with a threaded hole in the center. Long story short, we had to hand sort 20,000+ plates because the specs were all over the place, some where way oversized, some under sized, it was crazy. We ended up going back to the old supplier. And when I said we had to hand sort, I mean the handicapped people at the center down the street.

I see Yello and I like it 02cetransam's Avatar

yellow
    02 Collector Trans Am

I always try to look for "made in Canada" first then go to the "made in the united states" then the rest is all china. Its quite frustrating

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information