White
    '10 ZR1

Mad cop vs. baiting citizen

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

I think that the cop lost his cool. There are a lot of these videos out there now, with checkpoints and what not popping up more and more. I do agree it is unconstitutional to suspect every citizen to the point where stopping all of us should be illegal and is illegal as when you are pulled over they have cause because they suspect you of commiting a crime or they caught you commiting one. Now that isn't too say I would handle the situation in the same manner.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Good cop, bad cop. The bad cop was an asshat

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Cops like that need to die (People like that regardless of their profession need to die) Sick of the way this Country is headed.....makes me sick.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by blackSS01 View Post
    Cops like that need to die (People like that regardless of their profession need to die) Sick of the way this Country is headed.....makes me sick.
    You're just mad because of how GB is doing this year.
    Boost gets you laid, unless your name is Jon.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

I won't lie, not happy about GB but the way this Country is headed makes me REALLY not happy

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

I hear you. Been going downhill a long time though. Everything is just finally out in the open due to technology/social media.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

I see why older people accept death.....give me a other 30 years and I'll be ready to see if there is life after life

Red
    1997 pontiac firebird

Good cop, bad cop, mad cop.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

cop should have pulled him out of the car and tazed the shit out of him. It's a OMVI check point which is announced ahead of time which you know this guy knew. He went looking for trouble and found it. If even 1 drunk driver is kept from killing someone then it's worth 10 minutes of everyone's time at the check point. It's called not being a selfish dick. Wonder if this guy loses a family member to a drunk driver if he would be willing to spend 10 minutes at a check point to make sure it doesn't happen to someone else?

Something Diabolical... chuckie669's Avatar
    2000 C5 Torch Red

Cop was overly hostile which is not right, but I can't stand people stirring the pot without reason. He set up the recording for the sole purpose of getting a rise from these guys.

Arctic White, red/gray

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    cop should have pulled him out of the car and tazed the shit out of him. It's a OMVI check point which is announced ahead of time which you know this guy knew. He went looking for trouble and found it. If even 1 drunk driver is kept from killing someone then it's worth 10 minutes of everyone's time at the check point. It's called not being a selfish dick. Wonder if this guy loses a family member to a drunk driver if he would be willing to spend 10 minutes at a check point to make sure it doesn't happen to someone else?
    Apparently you don't believe in our rights as US citizens if you think cops should be able to taze us for using rights like free speech. The good ole "if it saves even one life" speech has been used to push through numerous bullshit laws.

Now I agree that the guy acted like a dick for no reason. I would have just handed them my ID and wouldn't have said too much unless they started asking to search my car etc but he still has rights. Rights that we all have and you shouldn't be so ready to throw them away because you don't like what one guy said. Remember if they can taze him for asking cops questions they don't like then they can taze you too.
    Last edited by Zinergy; 09-24-2014 at 05:35 AM.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    Apparently you don't believe in our rights as US citizens if you think cops should be able to taze us for using rights like free speech. The good ole "if it saves even one life" speech has been used to push through numerous bullshit laws.

Now I agree that the guy acted like a dick for no reason. I would have just handed them my ID and wouldn't have said too much unless they started asking to search my car etc but he still has rights. Rights that we all have and you shouldn't be so ready to throw them away because you don't like what one guy said. Remember if they can taze him for asking cops questions they don't like then they can taze you too.
    get out of here with that shit......this isn't anywhere near being a "rights" issue. You guys are like a broken record. Why is it this douche bag has so much trouble but I guarantee you that everyone else that entire night went through it with zero problems. Because he's a douche bag that needs to be made an example of. You don't want to be asked questions at a sobriety check point then don't purposely go there with camera rolling. This has nothing to do with his rights and even less to do with the rights of normal people. It has everything to do with some loser that sits at home all the time trying to figure out ways his rights are being violated and then become a youtube hero. He got his wish. I notice he turned to a mushy pile of shit when it looked like that cop was going to bounce his ass out on the ground. It's because he's a coward and a loser just like every single one of these camera rights activists are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mean Green Z28 View Post
    Don't worry about understanding women. Women understand women, and they hate each other

Arctic White, red/gray

get out of here with that shit......this isn't anywhere near being a "rights" issue. You guys are like a broken record. Why is it this douche bag has so much trouble but I guarantee you that everyone else that entire night went through it with zero problems. Because he's a douche bag that needs to be made an example of. You don't want to be asked questions at a sobriety check point then don't purposely go there with camera rolling. This has nothing to do with his rights and even less to do with the rights of normal people. It has everything to do with some loser that sits at home all the time trying to figure out ways his rights are being violated and then become a youtube hero. He got his wish. I notice he turned to a mushy pile of shit when it looked like that cop was going to bounce his ass out on the ground. It's because he's a coward and a loser just like every single one of these camera rights activists are.
    Get out of here with your trading security for rights bullshit. Just because everyone else sat there scared of Johnny law or not wanting to deal with the hassle of questioning doesn't mean it is right. Cops need to have probable cause or suspicion to pull us over. Believe it or not it is illegal to do so otherwise. Are you advocating that cops should be able to stop anyone of us for no reason at all? You really want to trust that kind of power to them? In your world a cop could pull you over for nothing and then when you question it they should just pull you out and taze you to make an example of you.

And yes it does have to do with the rights of normal people.... because we as US citizens all have the same rights. Per the SCOTUS "if the police officer has a reasonable suspicion that the person has committed, is committing, or is about to commit a crime and has a reasonable belief that the person "may be armed and presently dangerous." (392 U.S. 1, at 30.)" Those are reasonable suspicion guidelines. Probably cause is even harder to prove.

Now a cop can just say they have reasonable suspicion and stop you anyway sure but they have to prove it in court if it goes that far. These types of stop don't even try to pretend to follow the law. They just assume everyone is suspicious and stop us all... or pick and choose who can and can't go through.

This was handled incorrectly, video taping yourself asking why you are being detained etc does very little for eitherside other than to try and get the word out there. There are dozens if not hundreds of these videos from checkpoints around the country and yes it is a rights issue that is argued about all the time.
    Last edited by Zinergy; 09-24-2014 at 06:54 AM.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

On these DUI check points if it was just strictly looking for DUI's I'd have no issues. It's when they start running the registration, insurance, and in some states vehicle inspection checks looking for something to ticket you for the revenue. Stuff they would have had to have probable cause in order to pull you over. Another ruse is after they pull you to the side they then ask to search your car. Refuse (it's your right) and then they hassle you more.

Funny how stuff that would offend ppl 20-30 yrs ago is accepted as the norm today. How soon till we arrive to this?

Arctic White, red/gray

Well drunk driving is something they would need to have probable cause to pull you over for as well but I get your point. Citizens these days rarely see the bigger picture. They don't seem to realize rights are generally not removed by your own government overnight, they are slowly erroded away over decades. Giving time for the mindset of society to become more and more and more accepting of these ideals.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

then the place you take that up is in the courts or with your representative......you don't do it in the middle of the night on the side of the highway with a person who's only job is to enforce the laws and not make them. That's where the douche baggery comes into the picture. Do you think that cop is the one who thought of the sobriety checkpoint? He's just there because he was told to be and now he has some guy hassling him. Chances are you get a cop that's having a good day and he humors you but there's always that chance you get a cop that's had a bad day and he's not going to think you're funny. I think you'll run into very few people who think sobriety check points are a waste of time when they do what they were designed to do. I do agree that just running random warrant checks and shit like that is uncalled for but it is what it is and I have zero warrants (at this time ) and shit like that so I'm not worried about it. If I get a warrant then I'll start watching the paper to see where they're set up at.

Arctic White, red/gray

then the place you take that up is in the courts or with your representative......you don't do it in the middle of the night on the side of the highway with a person who's only job is to enforce the laws and not make them. That's where the douche baggery comes into the picture. Do you think that cop is the one who thought of the sobriety checkpoint? He's just there because he was told to be and now he has some guy hassling him. Chances are you get a cop that's having a good day and he humors you but there's always that chance you get a cop that's had a bad day and he's not going to think you're funny. I think you'll run into very few people who think sobriety check points are a waste of time when they do what they were designed to do. I do agree that just running random warrant checks and shit like that is uncalled for but it is what it is and I have zero warrants (at this time ) and shit like that so I'm not worried about it. If I get a warrant then I'll start watching the paper to see where they're set up at.
    I agree completely regarding the proper way to handle the situation. As I stated this video taping and posting on youtube does very little. Sometimes though videos like this get big play time and then can help start a movement that encourages our politicians to take notice. Generally speaking though there are better waysto handle this than to mess with LEOs who can't change the practices of the departments even if they want to.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

^^agree

Thread Information