Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tan
    Lexus SC400

Machida vs rampage? Ufc 123

This Saturday night we have UFC 123.. Rampage Jackson vs Loyota Machida..

Your thougths please about who wins..

http://www.ufc.com/event/UFC123/

I'm thinking Machida is the more technical power but Rampage packs a better chin and a harder punch.. One must wonder if Machida will be overly cautious in this fight also due to his brutal first time KO in his last fight.. I'm picking Machida in a close fight but giving Rampage a real shot to win..

I'm also thinking BJ Penn smashes Matt Hughes in this one even at 170.. 3 round fight BJ Penn should not gas.. Matt Hughes is getting older and slower and spending most of his time hunting and not training..

It's great to see Karo back too..

This Saturday night it all happens.. If some of you guys are broke it can be viewed live on your computer at ATDHE.net for free. Hope it's ok to post that info..

Input fellas?

Unfortunately I think Machida will get the win based on technique/strategy unless Rampage has trained well and lands the KO shot.

I'm picking Hughes FTW due to being very un-impressed in Bj's last two fights with Edgar. Seems like he has lost his focus.

Harris over Falcao
    Davis over Boetsch
    Lauzon over Sotiropoulos
    Simpson over Munoz
    Foster over Brown
    Parisyan over Hallman
    Lentz over Griffin
    Lullo over Barboza
    Kelly over O'Brien

Tan
    Lexus SC400

Quote Originally Posted by OreoLt1 View Post
    Unfortunately I think Machida will get the win based on technique/strategy unless Rampage has trained well and lands the KO shot.

I'm picking Hughes FTW due to being very un-impressed in Bj's last two fights with Edgar. Seems like he has lost his focus.

Harris over Falcao
    Davis over Boetsch
    Lauzon over Sotiropoulos
    Simpson over Munoz
    Foster over Brown
    Parisyan over Hallman
    Lentz over Griffin
    Lullo over Barboza
    Kelly over O'Brien

You're not the only one picking Matt Hughes to win.. I think BJ Penn knocks him out standing in the 1st round.. I'm just amazed at how close the odds are and how many people are picking Matt Hughs to hang.

This is BJ Penn.. His last two losses were too complete studs.. Did you see what BJ did to Kenny Florian and Diego Sanchez?

This is a more improved BJ Penn these days, I believe he will be fighting against an older and slower Matt Hughes... Thus making it a clinic for BJ..
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 11-17-2010 at 05:31 PM.

Red
    06 GTO

really, the main event and the hughes penn fight dont apeal to me that much, i really think rampage is in it for a check, and machida is gonna make him look bad. and i agree penn is gonna smash hughes, but the fight i CANT WAIT for is the Lauzon vs Sotiropoulos fight, that is gonnas be REALLY good. and im taking Sotiropoulos by tko round 2, but it can go either way really fast.

also welcome back Parisyan, hopefully he reaches his full talent level this time, if so, look out.

Tan
    Lexus SC400

Quote Originally Posted by ice97ta View Post
    the fight i CANT WAIT for is the Lauzon vs Sotiropoulos fight, that is gonnas be REALLY good. and im taking Sotiropoulos by tko round 2, but it can go either way really fast.
    My feelings are George is at a different grappling level then Joe Lauzon.. Granted Joe is slick with his subs, very skilled with his jitsu as well.. Even with that being said George is a beast on the ground, he is physically stronger then Joe and should hold top position.

I see this being a grappling clinic for George and the fight should be over by the time the first round ending bell sounds...

Machida/Rampage -

Machida got knocked out brutally in his last fight, and you just don't know how his mental state will be once the bell rings. Some fighters are never the same after a devastating KO loss like that for the first time.. Just ask Chuck Liddell..

That fight could go either way in my mind... Rampage for one will come out swinging and swinging hard, he's got a great chin too. Better then Machida's...
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 11-17-2010 at 09:39 PM.

QuickSilverMetallic
    2005 GTO M6

Machida over Rampage (can't stand his moronic howling ass)

Penn over Hughes (love watching Penn fight, and Hughes lose)

Tan
    Lexus SC400

Anyone watch the Ultimate Fighter show last night? Bruce Lee Roy got used, which I saw coming..

Also I just can't believe how much of Douche bag KOS is on that show.. He's not funny, he looks like an idiot every time trying to get under GSP's skin.. To think I use to like KOS too... What was I thinking?

I hope GSP kicks his ass again!!!!
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 11-18-2010 at 09:40 AM.

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Anyone watch the Ultimate Fighter show last night? Bruce Lee Roy got used, which I saw coming..

Also I just can't believe how much of Douche bag KOS is on that show.. He's not funny, he looks like an idiot every time trying to get under GSP's skin.. To think I use to like KOS too... What was I thinking?

GSP is on another level than Kos and I think when they meet again he will win. And your right he does look like a d-bag because he is. Everytime i see him hes making some stupid comment.

SOM
    2002 WS6 M6 - 461hp 406tq

Kos is the worst trash talker ever. I mean the black male nurse got him to snap, someone that actually knows how to talk shit like Tito, or Sonnen would make him cry.

Machida > Rampage
    Hughes > BJ.....but I hope BJ wins

Pewter
    2001 Camaro Z28 M6

agreed.. with all of it... Kos was a dumbass saying that was a bad fight. It was a good fight.

you can see GSP just soaking in everything Kos says to him and GSP's fighters.

I'm hoping GSP unleashes a new hell on Kos... Kos is a doucheknozzle

midnight blue
    2000 Pontiac ram air ws-6

If Rampage wins this it will be a first rounder, anything after that I'm giving it to Machida.

BJ Penn sucks!!!! I hate his giving up ass.... He is done and should retire. Ever since GSP wore his ass out he has not been the same fighter at all.

White
    '10 ZR1

Agreed on all accounts -

KOS will never be in the same league as GSP.........ever. He isn't even good enough to use GSP's jock strap to blow his nose.

Tan
    Lexus SC400

According to Vegas Odds makers -

- BJ Penn is favored to win the fight. He's almost a 2-1 favorite to win..

- Machida is a 2-1 favorite to beat Rampage..

I'm liking both favorites..

I'm curious to see Rampage fight after all this time. He bailed out for a while now to do that A-Team movie.. Hoping he didn't get soft mentally and or physically.

Red
    06 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by knightryda01 View Post
    If Rampage wins this it will be a first rounder, anything after that I'm giving it to Machida.

BJ Penn sucks!!!! I hate his giving up ass.... He is done and should retire. Ever since GSP wore his ass out he has not been the same fighter at all.
    hes fought frankie edgar, he didnt give up when he fought edgar, it is just a HORRIBLE style matchup for penn. i think hes really gonna eat hughes up in this fight, i just dont see hughes doing anything to stop penn.

Tan
    Lexus SC400

^^^^Frankie Edgar is a spark plug, Matt Hughes is not.. Completely different fighters but both with wrestling back grounds..

Frankie Edgar is a little beast...

Matt Hughes doesn't have much head movement of late.. He stands straight up and his head doesn't move on that big neck of his.. With that being said, I do believe BJ Penn will make Matt Hughes a bobble head doll in this fight..
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 11-18-2010 at 05:35 PM.

Ouch... rough loss for Parisyan

Red
    06 GTO

SPOILIER

DAMN HUGHES GOT KTFO, nice one bj

white
    2000 Z28

According to Vegas Odds makers -

- BJ Penn is favored to win the fight. He's almost a 2-1 favorite to win..

- Machida is a 2-1 favorite to beat Rampage..

I'm liking both favorites..

I'm curious to see Rampage fight after all this time. He bailed out for a while now to do that A-Team movie.. Hoping he didn't get soft mentally and or physically.
    i take it you missed the evans fight. if so lets just say ive never seen rampage back off a wobbly legged fighter instead of jumping on him. that raises tons of questions to me. though not all fights are im under the impression that a lot of these highly promoted fights arent exactly both fighters going all out.

What were the judges thinking on the machida/rampage fight. Rampage clearly won the first round but they gave it to machida by 29-28??? then gave rampage next two rounds by 29-28 when machida clearly won 3rd round

Red
    06 GTO

actually they gave rampage rounds 1 and 2, and machida round 3. i assume you thougth that because of the way they read the results, 3 judges 3 results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information