Blue
    1999 Trans Am

low down on XBox 360 please.

Thanks in advance for any/all help you guys give me.

I'm seriously thinking about picking up an Xbox 360, but I'm having a hard time finding reliable information online about its mod/storage capabilities. So... my questions are,

a) Can the 360 be modded through hardware or firmware to store copies of games like you could on the regular xbox?

b) if so is the tiny 20gig that it comes with easily upgradeable to something a bit more hefty?

This would obviously be for making legal copies of games I own only

(if you can't do this on the 360, I'll just get a super cheap refurb ps2 and some of its better games to fill my urge to play on a console)

They are junk unless you buy the extended warranty. My buddies all got one i decided to wait and 4 out of 5 are on thier third one or just SOL because they did not get the extended warranty.

Black
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

I got one the first night it came out and it went bad around 90 days or so. They sent me another for no charge and I haven't had any problems with it. The first batch had some bugs in it, from what I understand the new ones don't.

Silver, Black
    03 Viper, 05 Escalade

I got one the 1st night also, and no problems yet...but I dont really play it. I kinda like my psp more because everything is technically free on them and you have a web browser, mp3 player etc.

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

is the web browser of any charge or do you just use a wireless connection to your home network?

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

and what is free on the psp

Silver, Black
    03 Viper, 05 Escalade

The internet browser is used through a wireless modem of if there is a "hot spot" in the area such as stores, universities, and neighbors wireless routers. It is nice because from my girlfriends house, i can pick up the neighbors wireless internet connection and check my mail and surf and write on this forum so I can always write on here when I'm bored. There is no limit on the free stuff. If you get an older PSP with firmware v1.5 or downgrade to it, you can play all nintendo, super nintendo,nintendo 64 (slowly advancing), genesis, game boy, etc. on there through emulators and roms all for free. Also, you can get all the new PSP games and full length movies for free by getting them from torrent sites and running them off a memory stick, which is really nice because you get the full game, but there is no loading. There also is a full functional internet radio, instant messanger, photos and soon to come is a gps setup for $50. Also it is an awesome mp3 player.

Quote Originally Posted by charliebrown1321 View Post

(if you can't do this on the 360, I'll just get a super cheap refurb ps2 and some of its better games to fill my urge to play on a console)
    Ya know I remember reading about ps2's being 'modded' to play burned games. I really know NOTHING about modding a game console. I dont even know what 'modded' means for game consoles, so FILL ME IN!

Oh yeah

I came in here waiting for someone to say something about the PS3 coming out. Did they lower their price yet? I forget how much they were going to ask for, but its nuts. Brings me back to the old NEO*GEO, Turbo CD, Panasonic 3DO, etc days.

Yeah, they made a killer...

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

Quote Originally Posted by AKIRA View Post
    I came in here waiting for someone to say something about the PS3 coming out. Did they lower their price yet? I forget how much they were going to ask for, but its nuts. Brings me back to the old NEO*GEO, Turbo CD, Panasonic 3DO, etc days.

Yeah, they made a killer...
    Last I heard it was still $500 for the regular one, $600 for the one with the bigger HD, mem stick slots, wifi, and hdmi.

Quote Originally Posted by 86 IROC-Z View Post
    Last I heard it was still $500 for the regular one, $600 for the one with the bigger HD, mem stick slots, wifi, and hdmi.
    Yeah. What a crock of SHIT.

Ugh and I hate to pass up KillZone 2 and God of War 2.

(God of War was maybe my favorite one)

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

Quote Originally Posted by cujo View Post
    The internet browser is used through a wireless modem of if there is a "hot spot" in the area such as stores, universities, and neighbors wireless routers. It is nice because from my girlfriends house, i can pick up the neighbors wireless internet connection and check my mail and surf and write on this forum so I can always write on here when I'm bored. There is no limit on the free stuff. If you get an older PSP with firmware v1.5 or downgrade to it, you can play all nintendo, super nintendo,nintendo 64 (slowly advancing), genesis, game boy, etc. on there through emulators and roms all for free. Also, you can get all the new PSP games and full length movies for free by getting them from torrent sites and running them off a memory stick, which is really nice because you get the full game, but there is no loading. There also is a full functional internet radio, instant messanger, photos and soon to come is a gps setup for $50. Also it is an awesome mp3 player.
    I love my PSP, I have the 1gb mem stick for it awhile back, great for movies, games, pictures etc (and more than 20 mp3s like the stock one ) The only problem is that I forgot my charger at home

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

Quote Originally Posted by AKIRA View Post
    Yeah. What a crock of SHIT.

Ugh and I hate to pass up KillZone 2 and God of War 2.

(God of War was maybe my favorite one)
    Yeah, I hate that it costs so much, I love Sonys console(psx, ps2, psp). It sucks that I probably wont be able to afford one until the NEXT next-gen system comes out.

Silver, Black
    03 Viper, 05 Escalade

Quote Originally Posted by 86 IROC-Z View Post
    I love my PSP, I have the 1gb mem stick for it awhile back, great for movies, games, pictures etc (and more than 20 mp3s like the stock one ) The only problem is that I forgot my charger at home
    I got the 2 gig off ebay for 70 bucks. Cant go wrong for all the stuff that can be stored on that thing

Grey
    2010 Camaro 2SS/RS CGM

well my launch date console went to crap about 2 weeks ago, outside of warranty, so i called and bitched and was seeing if i could get it done for free, they said no. So i hung up and now yesturday they announced that they would fix all pre- 06 consoles for free. So it seems that they know its a defective product and are avoiding getting sued. I would wager that if you get one new now it seems like they have fixed the problem. I love my 360 and i can not wait til Halo 3 to come out.

Buckeyes fan for Life OSU Buckeyes's Avatar
    I got all the info u need for playing burnt games on your PS2. $40 bucks a few free programs and a stack of DVD's and ur good to go. Go get a game fly membership, rent the game, burn it and send it back. Almost every game can be burnt and u can even play them online. I love mine and have almost every new game the day it's released. Email me at joealbright@inbox.com for the links.

Buckeyes fan for Life OSU Buckeyes's Avatar
    Oh by the way about the PS3 my mom works at wal-mart and said the the price was supposed to be about $400. for the cheaper version. But from what i have read you will regret getting the cheaper version in the long run for what it lacks.Check out www.afterdawn.com

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Quote Originally Posted by ls1bandit View Post
    yesturday they announced that they would fix all pre- 06 consoles for free.
    That's good some good info...I got mine a few days after launch with no probs yet(besides locking up now and then). My extended is up in November but now I don't have to worry.

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

Quote Originally Posted by OSU Buckeyes View Post
    Oh by the way about the PS3 my mom works at wal-mart and said the the price was supposed to be about $400. for the cheaper version. But from what i have read you will regret getting the cheaper version in the long run for what it lacks.Check out www.afterdawn.com
    Woo! That means I'm that much closer to owning one!

Phantom Black
    2004 GTO

I love my Xbox 360, I got it on launch day and have had zero issues. It gets used a lot by my kids and myself too. I did buy the extended warranty just in case but will be pissed if they are replacing pre-'06's for free.

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Quote Originally Posted by OSU Buckeyes View Post
    BS...they're going for $500 and $600, and that's if you can find them seperate from a combo pack with crappy games and a extra contoller. It doesn't even make sense for wal-mart to sell them for $100 cheaper than what sony annouced...they're going to sell fast as it is.

Thread Information