Red
    99 Chevrolet Camaro Z-28

Lost a pet today

I just got word from my mother that a cat i used to have,(his name was Josh) of whom i gave to my mom to be on my parents farm passed away about an hour ago. he was a very loved little guy (even tho he was close to 18 pounds)i sent him to my moms farm(more like hobby farm)as he loved being outside, loved to watch the birds,duck,,geese....absolutly loved to hunt mice, but he was still a big baby and loved to be in your lap and have his ears rubbed to the point that he leaves a huge drool bubble mess on your shirt as he rolls his eyes into the back of his head in pure pleasure... but from what my mom told me how she saw him yesterday when she took him to the vet, that he is now in a better place...apparently he had blood coming out of his eyes, nose, mouth....and had thick mucus coming out of his eyes nose and mouth also(im just glad i never got to see him in that bad of a mess that he was in, but my mom was the last one to see him, and saw him in that bad of a mess, thats why shes taking it alot harder than i am at this point)....she took him to the vet last nite (of where i had a gut feeling he wouldnt make it thru the nite) but instead i get a call from my mom saying he was doing better, perking up, more active and what not. only to find out about an hour ago he took a turn for the worse and passed away...it hurts really bad. i honestly havent cried this hard in a while (yea tpo those that think hey he's a guy hes not supposed to cry, well blow me im a sensitive guy) im pretty tore up, but my mom is even worse. i know only time will heal the wounds, it hurts knowing he wasnt even 3 years old...he had sooo much life left ahead of him, that he will never see... but god i wish i didnt have to go thru this

Last edited by SteveCZ28; 03-17-2011 at 11:15 AM.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

R.I.P. Kitty.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

sorry for the loss bud...

Love buying generic GM's Nastyfoot's Avatar

Black, Black
    2011 "Generic" Gasser

I'm really sorry to hear of your loss. Pets are family. And the sensitive part, shit I welled up thinking about the inevitable with my cat Jigsaw.

Hang in there.

01 modded gtp

Sorry dude i had to put my cat down a couple months back its tough but it will get easier

Ray Charles blue

The loss of a pet is just like any other member of the family. Sorry for your loss.

red
    95 Z28

Losing pets does suck...

Black, White
    2001 WS6, 2000 SS Camaro

We lost our 20 year old cat back in 02. I tell you that was one of the worst days of my life...

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

I really hate these threads...

So sorry for your loss Our pets mean a lot to us. Losing them is hard. They really are part of the family.

Sending good thoughts your way.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

I had a horse named Cricket most of my childhood. She died when I was like 14. I was devestated. My Dad came out to the pasture ....took a look.....and told me to bury her. I snapped out of it pretty quick....ever tried burying a horse? Took me two days.

I have lost many damn good dogs. I love my dogs....but when I lose one I just remember the good times or the shit they would do. I had a lab that would smile. Teeth and all. Big ass smile. I had a Jack Russel that was a frog hunting sum bitch. He would go underwater for them bastards and get 'em.......

I guess my bottom line is this....dont have a horse and if you do sell his ass before he dies.....and be happy with your pets memory.....and the fact you gave him/her a good life. Feel good about it.

Steel blue pearlcoat
    2000 dodge intrepid

While losing a pet does get easier,the memory remains. I still have a hard time when I think of the cat we had to euthinize a couple years back. special pets tend to do that,I have had many pets over the years and many pets that I buried,but for some reason this one hit me harder than the rest. You just have to pick up and move on and remember the good things that the pet done.

Red
    99 Chevrolet Camaro Z-28

thats for the kind comment guys and gals....it hurts alot...i had to give josh to my mom to live on their farm becasue i was moving....he was a outside cat as if you kept him inside more than a few hours he would go nuts trying to get outside, my mom showed interested in him and another cat as she needed good mousers which both cats were....my mom had josh since november of last year, i guess he loved my mom, would follow her any where and just be right by her side...its quite funny hearing the stories my mom had about him just in the short amount of time he was with my mom....

it was sad to see the 2nd cat i gave to my mom today also..josh and the other cat "pud" were best of buds at my house...there was a random stray that would come and beat the shit out of josh (another reason he went to my mom) but any time josh would scream pud would come flying and beat the living shit out of this particular stray, then stand in front of josh like she was his mom...it was really neat seeing their bond...

but today when i had to bury josh (mom was really tore up and just couldnt do it) i put josh in a bigger box so he could be "comfortable". my wife said a little prayer for him, then i buried him. but what was really touching was when i got done burrying him, pud came and sat right next to his resting place, almost like she was saying good bye too...i lost it at that part..it was really sad to see that.

but my mom has good plans for his resting place. shes goin to make him part of her garden, and plant lots of bright colored flowers for him. and its also done this way to keep people from walking on him...my mom bought a make your own step stone kit and is goin to make a really nice personalized stone for him....

like i said he wasnt even 3, which sucks seeing him go down that young. he died of being poisoned...more than likely rat poison we dont know where he got into it, but it was what took him down...my mom was just glad that josh came home to her. as he had been disappearing for a days at a time...and it gives us closure knowing hes home, and in a safe resting spot....

he will always be my little baby josh.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

I think I remember your post about having to give him to your Mom.

Fair chance that he got hold of a D-con Mouse.

Making him part of her garden is a wonderful idea. A nice resting place for him.

Ray Charles blue

I just did a paper on how people treat pets different now than in years past. Again sorry for your loss.

Blue

So sorry man

SOM
    2002 FireHawk

Sorry for your loss...

I am a dog person myself. I have been lucky. Had two dogs which were one of a kinds. Chris, my second german shephard, was extra special. Got him from a kennell in Escabanna, Mi. 5 wks old. He died a month and a half from making it 15 yrs old... Moved that old cuss from the UP to Downtown Det and back up north for his final yrs. Smartest damn dog, hell one of the smartest persons I ever had the pleasure to meet.

Wife has a Pomerainian... Small fox / rat type creature. Acts like the dumbest shit ever created, fuckers smarter than I care to admit.

Sorry again about your loss, but if you gave it a good life and didn't abuse it... Hey you did good! Also helps if your smarter, but you play with the hand your dealt.

Red
    99 Chevrolet Camaro Z-28

yea i treated him like our kid...that was partially the reason i gave him to my mom, cuz it was pissing me off that a particular 3 legged cat was beating the shit out of him on a daily basis...when he got scratched in the eye and it was stuck shut for 2 days i knew i had to do something...my mom took him and pud another cat we had...she made them a house in their barn, like she literally made a room for them, heated it, layed really nice fleece blankets in there, as she wanted to spoil them so they wouldnt take off...but as it started to get nice out he started to roam for female cats as he was un-neutered yet...and that where he got himself into trouble i gues.. my mom would worry day in and day out when he would take off....but here in the past few days he would take off for a day and come back worse each time, but everytime my mom would get out to catch him he would disappear again...but like my mom and i think, its good that he came home to her, as she woulda been worried forever wondering if he got hit my a car, or dead in a ditch somewhere, atleast there is closure that he is home and safe now

Blog Entries

Black
    2001 Trans Am

As a fellow cat lover i am really sorry for your loss. Like you said, at least he made it home and is in a good resting place. Just hang in there man, it will get easier in time.

Thread Information