Thread: Lost once again

Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Lost once again

All right guys as many of you know or might not know, I am in the process of buying a new car. I sold my bird in 2008 and have spent a lot of time on the SVT forums. I know I am on a LSX based site so please try to be honest in your opinion

I am looking into buying a new car and have been looking into the 03/04 cobras for quite some time. I spent the last 6 months looking at them day and night. I have also made arrangments to go see sellers and test drive them as well. But I am now leaning towards the new 5.0, however just today I heard a nice lopey camming WS6 up the street from me today and that made me reconsider. So I have narrowed it down to three cars..

Cobra- We all know the deal. Port,pulley,intake,exhaust,tune and your looking at a solid 500-540 RWHP car that can run 10's and still be driveable to the office on Monday morning. This is the only car I thought twice about before even attempting to roll up on one or race one. Not a lot of cars out there can get you to 500hp safely with 2 grand. I have had experiance with fast cars but I am affraid this thing will get me tooooo many tickets and at 23 I really dont need it. Not to mention its a 7 year old car and the resale value will be garbage in another 3-4 years with the new boss rumored to come out. Fun can none the less

5.0- Brand NEW! No body has ever sat in it,eat in it,drove it, raced it, etc... Ford claims 415 but I think its more like 375ish, but there are rumors it puts down like 385 stock so I dont know. I really love the interior of the new mustangs and the looks. I will also have a warenty for 3 yrs or 36k miles or whatever. Just a brand new 400+ HP car and with simple bolt ons put me in the 11's all day.

LS1- Well I know it inside/out and have owned one. There are plus and minuses to it just like ever other car.

The only thing I am thinking about is the $$$. I gave my bro 20k cash and he is giving me 3% interest a MONTH! YES THAT MEANS 36% YEARLY. So I am getting $600 a month and will have $7200 in JUST INTEREST next year (on top of the 20k that I gave him)

I dont know if its wise to shell out the 30k for the 5.0 or save 10k and get a nice cobra/ls1. I will not be financing the cars as well. It will be a straight up cash payment. Part of me is saying buy the car and the other part is saying keep the $ and invest in it and let it get compund interest. I am leaving on vacation in another few weeks so I will really have time to think and not have anything on my mind.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Don't want to sound like a dick.......but if your Bro falls through with the payments to you, then you would be screwed when relying on just that. Just a thought.

EDIT: Unless you can make the money from your job, then your fine. Might just take a bit longer. Paying cash is the way to go tho
    ┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐

Man: The Mods you are fighting,
    they are the biggest Men I have ever seen. I
    wouldn't want to fight them!

Me: That is why no one will remember your name!

Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by blackSS01 View Post
    Don't want to sound like a dick.......but if your Bro falls through with the payments to you, then you would be screwed when relying on just that. Just a thought.

EDIT: Unless you can make the money from your job, then your fine. Might just take a bit longer. Paying cash is the way to go tho
    That will never happen. He is not that kind...

And I do have more $$ put aside should something like that happen
    Last edited by rajiv1998; 06-19-2010 at 08:06 PM.

Impounded
    gmcheviac

Are you a female? Make a decision

Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by wheeliE-maxx View Post
    Last time I checked...NO

Just wanted an outside opinion

Impounded
    gmcheviac

I like comfort personally. So whatever has the cushiest seats. My buddy's mustang gt leather seats suck, firebird seats suck. Maybe the 5.0 ones are decent. A new unmolested car is always great

Black
    1999 Z/28 M6

i'd say go on vacation and see where that takes you once you come back. when you get back see how you feel about it...maybe get another LS1 and invest the remainder of the money. as much as i would love to get this car or that car brand new i never would simply because i don't want the pain of the loss of value driving a brand new car off the lot. i'm not a ford guy so i wouldn't touch either of the mustangs unless someone was giving them to me.

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

Quote Originally Posted by wheeliE-maxx View Post
    hahahahaha, lol haha

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Maybe think about a C5 Z06 Then invest the rest of the money

Stockitie Stock Stock 95camaroZNC's Avatar

Red
    1999 Trans Am

Ws6, trex cam