Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    rice,its what's fo dinner LeadFarmer's Avatar

Silver/Black
    00' z28-R.I.P 00' WS6 M6

loose wallet, life nearly destroyed

I lost my wallet yesterday and realized it was missing this morning and I couldn't find it. So I call my bank to cancel my cards and I find that just 3.5 hours after I lost it( I found out I lost it at a convenience store via security cams) $2500 worth of charges were made on the card.....in Illinois......In person, with the physical card. Now mind you a flight from DFW to Illiniois would take a minimum of 3hrs, on top of that they had changed all the passwords on my accounts, and my current address, which means they have access to my SS#. And now I can't cancel anything cuz they think I'M the fraud...dumb fucks.....seems like the rest of my life is going to be quite eventful

Ray Charles blue

Quote Originally Posted by LeadFarmer View Post
    I lost my wallet yesterday and realized it was missing this morning and I couldn't find it. So I call my bank to cancel my cards and I find that just 3.5 hours after I lost it( I found out I lost it at a convenience store via security cams) $2500 worth of charges were made on the card.....in Illinois......In person, with the physical card. Now mind you a flight from DFW to Illiniois would take a minimum of 3hrs, on top of that they had changed all the passwords on my accounts, and my current address, which means they have access to my SS#. And now I can't cancel anything cuz they think I'M the fraud...dumb fucks.....seems like the rest of my life is going to be quite eventful
    Dude that sucks! I would still contact everyone and tell them. At least then you have record of it.

I am sorry to hear about that. People are turds these days.

Black
    2003 Z06 Corvette

pick pocket

Silver/Black
    00' z28-R.I.P 00' WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by vette0009 View Post
    pick pocket
    this seems unlikely, If I walked into a store and was going to pick pocket someone I don't think I'd choose the 185lb athlete who looks like he could rip me a new one if I got caught.....just sayin

Ray Charles blue

this seems unlikely, If I walked into a store and was going to pick pocket someone I don't think I'd choose the 185lb athlete who looks like he could rip me a new one if I got caught.....just sayin
    Perhaps not but who else would have just picked it up and taken it states away?

Pick pockets are known for getting a few wallets and hitting the road ASAP and getting out of the state. It takes most people at least 24 hours before they call in a lost/stolen card.

Wish you could beat their heads in.

Black
    1999 Trans Am

You won't catch a good pick pocket especially with the loose fitting pants these days. You'll likely never know for sure. I had to fight my bank tooth and nail awhile ago because they said I made like 35 money transfers for $25-35 in D.C. and I still had my card. I do not envy the fight your gonna have to put up to get your money back

04 Cobra 'vert - M6 mysti
    02 WS6 coupe - A4 red

Holy crap! That's amazing, 3 hours later, in Illinois? Yeah that was a polished organization, you stood no chance. Pathetic. Sorry for what you're going through.

I am willing to be they cloned your card and sold it on the net. that would explain how it got that far away that fast. You may find that your "buying" other stuff in a couple states soon at the same time. Sorry you have to go through this and I hope it gets cleared up quickly.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

This is one of those instances that being a broke SOB is beneficial.

Silver/Black
    00' z28-R.I.P 00' WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    This is one of those instances that being a broke SOB is beneficial.
    see lucky for me I only have $50 in my account right now cuz I haven't cashed most of my paychecks within the last few months Still though, I can't access any of my account info, I'm completely locked out of everything. I have to go to the "sheriff's office" tomorrow to verify my identity so that I'm not to one who gets arrested and so I can begin work my way back into my accounts, I def. don't think I'll be able to do it without a lawyer though, at the very least with some help for the authorities. I can't even get into most of the facilities on my university campus now because I can't get a new card made. This is going to be one long road, right in the middle of midterms too oh well, at least it'll be fun to see all the shit "I" will be buying in the next few days......not.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

why didn't your cc companies flag the odd purchases and contact you? I thought they all did that these days to avoid this situation.

midnight blue
    2000 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    why didn't your cc companies flag the odd purchases and contact you? I thought they all did that these days to avoid this situation.
    I thought they did to, that sucks op I would be on that like stink on shit!!! And how the fuck are they going to think you are the damn fraud when its your shit that got stolen? That shit doesn't make no sense sounds weird to me!!!

silver
    1996 Trans AM WS6

woah, come off it bro.... 185lbs is not a big guy, it's average. anyway a pickpocket does not care about your size because they practice practice practice. just sayin....

Red
    98 Trans Am Ws6

I got extremely lucky on mine. I had my credit card skimmed at a buffalo wild wings, and then it was sold to a man in Palestine. My cc company called me within the hour and put a hold on the card and sent me a new one the next day.

2003 DSG Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by werewolf View Post
    I am willing to be they cloned your card and sold it on the net. that would explain how it got that far away that fast. You may find that your "buying" other stuff in a couple states soon at the same time. Sorry you have to go through this and I hope it gets cleared up quickly.
    happened to me in Vegas - some douche waiter cloned my card and a week later "I" was buying $750 in stereo equipment from Wal-Mart in Mississippi - fortunately - the bank denied the charges and called me. The card was cancelled and replaced quickly.

Ray Charles blue

This sucks. I feel so bad for the OP.

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

That's what I'm saying. Mine are very good about doing that for me.

Awaiting Activation

Quote Originally Posted by krese View Post
    woah, come off it bro.... 185lbs is not a big guy, it's average. anyway a pickpocket does not care about your size because they practice practice practice. just sayin....
    ^This...I"m 6'-2" 350# and toss bare small blocks around for fun, deffinately do not consider 185# a big buy.

How tall are you btw?

Awaiting Activation

And sorry bout the loss, my CC company flags any odd purchases. Went hunting in OK last thanksgiving and the company flagged the card after one gas purchase and a large purchase at wally world for out of state lic. and grub.

Silver/Black
    00' z28-R.I.P 00' WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by bluehawk2000 View Post
    I thought they did to, that sucks op I would be on that like stink on shit!!! And how the fuck are they going to think you are the damn fraud when its your shit that got stolen? That shit doesn't make no sense sounds weird to me!!!
    What happened is they changed all my info before they made any purchases, so everything checked out as far as the bank was concerned. The bank gets notified via an automated system which picks out large purchases in areas a certain distance away from your address. Once my address was changed and the guy verified the purchases with my drivers license it was downhill from there. So far I've missed all my classes classes since this has happaned cuz i'm been running around town trying to convince people I'm actually me seems like my birth certificate is my only saving grace at this point
    Quote Originally Posted by krese View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimpala View Post
    ^This...I"m 6'-2" 350# and toss bare small blocks around for fun, deffinately do not consider 185# a big buy. How tall are you btw?
    LOL I was waiting for these comments, not saying I'm big or anything, just 5'10, but with 6.5% bf i'm decent size I guess lol My point was just that I'd imagine a pick pocket would go for someone smaller with loose clothing, not a decent size guy with skinny jeans

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information