Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Black
    99 SS Vert M6

Longhorns greed ruins Big 12

Nebraska is likely headed to the Big 10. It's not about last years Big 12 game or any other before that. It's about a 5 time national championship CFB program that ranks in the top 5 financially and historically dying a slow death.

The moment the Big 8 accepted Texas and their 3 cases of herpes(aTm, TT, BU), the conference was doomed.

Gone was the partial qualifiers. No impact to Texas with their fertile recruiting ground. The reasoning was that this conference should be known for it's academics. Riiiight. Didn't matter that Nebraska produces the most Academic All Americans and has the highest graduation rate among student athletes. Did I mention that Nebraska belongs to the AAU. A requirement for a truly academic conference(Big 10). Nebraska had a recipe for success in place and Texas was bent on ruining it.

Gone was the annual Thanksgiving day game of NU vs OU. A game that defined the season for both teams in terms of conference champion and national champion contender. A traditional foe and no less important than the Red River Rivalry.

Gone is the Big 12 Championship Game from a North venue till who knows when? horns can't risk playing in the snow.

Going will be the number of national televised appearances for Nebraska. bevo TV will air all horns game eventually and all will not be picked up nationally. Nebraska has the 4th largest athletic budget in terms of spending but must still depend on the revenue and exposure generated from nationally televised games.

Life in the Big 12 is just a slow death. Texas bitches about the North not being competitive all the time. Well, Texas did their part by slapping the handcuffs on Nebraska then. The program entered the Big 12 on the top of all of college football. Won another national title in 97.

It's just business horns fans. You and the rest of the Big 12 will see that when Nebraska fans don't fill the seats anymore for your weak sisters. The Big 10 will provide the means necessary to keep Nebraska mentioned in the forefront of CFB. The handcuffs that Texas placed on, are off. Nebraska will dust off their recipe from out of the drawer and get back to cookin.

I imagine games with divisional foes ND(imagine the revenue), Iowa, methzoori, Ill. MN, Wiscy, and Northwestern. The thought of an annual game with ND is TITS. Iowa will become what OU used to be.

Bye OU, gonna miss you. Put your cattle prod up bevo's ass every chance you get.

PS. USC fans. You are F'd for 5-7 years. My prediction is that you will lose 10 shcollies a year for 3 years. You will not go to a bowl game for 2 years. All wins during Reggie Bush's last year will be vacated.
    Last edited by Huskerz1; 06-08-2010 at 01:37 PM.

maple red
    2000 trans am

Texas has more then just football theyre a great basketball team too

Black
    99 SS Vert M6

ba
    basker
    basketba

What hell is that word?

autoconnectionllc.com 02transamce's Avatar

2007 Corvette
    Ebony

There has been talk around here about getting texas and texas a&m in the s.e.c. along with fsu and miami.I am against that even more now after reading the above post.the s.e.c. Is fine just as it is.
    Posted via Mobile Device

maple red
    2000 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by Huskerz1 View Post
    ba
    basker
    basketba

What hell is that word?

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Nebraska is likely headed to the Big 10. It's not about last years Big 12 game or any other before that. It's about a 5 time national championship CFB program that ranks in the top 5 financially and historically dying a slow death.

The moment the Big 8 accepted Texas and their 3 cases of herpes(aTm, TT, BU), the conference was doomed.

Gone was the partial qualifiers. No impact to Texas with their fertile recruiting ground. The reasoning was that this conference should be known for it's academics. Riiiight. Didn't matter that Nebraska produces the most Academic All Americans and has the highest graduation rate among student athletes. Did I mention that Nebraska belongs to the AAU. A requirement for a truly academic conference(Big 10). Nebraska had a recipe for success in place and Texas was bent on ruining it.

Gone was the annual Thanksgiving day game of NU vs OU. A game that defined the season for both teams in terms of conference champion and national champion contender. A traditional foe and no less important than the Red River Rivalry.

Gone is the Big 12 Championship Game from a North venue till who knows when? horns can't risk playing in the snow.

Going will be the number of national televised appearances for Nebraska. bevo TV will air all horns game eventually and all will not be picked up nationally. Nebraska has the 4th largest athletic budget in terms of spending but must still depend on the revenue and exposure generated from nationally televised games.

Life in the Big 12 is just a slow death. Texas bitches about the North not being competitive all the time. Well, Texas did their part by slapping the handcuffs on Nebraska then. The program entered the Big 12 on the top of all of college football. Won another national title in 97.

It's just business horns fans. You and the rest of the Big 12 will see that when Nebraska fans don't fill the seats anymore for your weak sisters. The Big 10 will provide the means necessary to keep Nebraska mentioned in the forefront of CFB. The handcuffs that Texas placed on, are off. Nebraska will dust off their recipe from out of the drawer and get back to cookin.

I imagine games with divisional foes ND(imagine the revenue), Iowa, methzoori, Ill. MN, Wiscy, and Northwestern. The thought of an annual game with ND is TITS. Iowa will become what OU used to be.

Bye OU, gonna miss you. Put your cattle prod up bevo's ass every chance you get.

PS. USC fans. You are F'd for 5-7 years. My prediction is that you will lose 10 shcollies a year for 3 years. You will not go to a bowl game for 2 years. All wins during Reggie Bush's last year will be vacated.
    Do you know for certain Nebraska is jumping to the Big 10 Husker? If so, I am truly sad. I don't like the idea of Oklahoma being involved in a Pac 10 or
    16 conference and I TRULY hate the OU-NU rivalry being broken up. I know if Missouri and Nebraska jump to the Big 10, the 6 other teams being recruited will bolt which will tear apart the the Big 12. It also leaves Kansas, KSU, Iowa State and Baylor without a conference.

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

I keep hearing plenty of inside rumors.

It's pretty much a done deal. NU, Mizzu, and ND are in the Big 10 I think. ND just hasn't committed.

Announcement is Friday for NU.

KSU, KU and ISU will most likely end up in the MWC.

Baylor will take Colorado's spot. Supposedly Texas legistration has their hand in the cookie jar to keep Baylor tied to Tech, UT, and A/M.

The only thing I liked about the south was playing OU, but we have so much more to look forward to now, just imagine NEBRASKA vs. NOTRE DAME and IOWA.

More people would look forward to playing Michigan or OSU, but there's just so many prestigious schools there.

I've hated Texas every since the championship game and hearing Colt this, Colt that, then he lied on national TV, fuck him, fuck Texas.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Since I'm from Missouri and live just outside of Columbus I'd be all for Missouri going to the big 10. At the same time I'd like to see a powerhouse team come in that can wake up the buckeye fans and let them know that they've had it easy due to the lack of competition in the conference.

Black
    99 SS Vert M6

Easy Allbaugh,

It's not solely about Texas. It's about the future the the University of Nebraska. It pains me to leave OU, KU, KSU, CU, ISU, OSU behind after much history together. However, the conference(Big 12) was not evolving into what was best for NU on many levels. Joining the Big 10, there is opportunity for growth in many areas outside of just football for NU.

NU vs Texas in football provided some great memories. The games always came down to the wire with the exception of 2003. They nailed NU for 2 Big 12 titles while NU nailed them for one in 99 and their sister aTm in 97. NU managed to snatch defeat out of the mouth of victory a couple times during regular season games too. I'm not as bitter toward Texas about game outcomes as you seem to be. My problems with Texas stem from the control they must have within the conference. Now they can go just be another vote in the Pac whatever or the SEC.

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

I've never gotten a good vibe from Mack Brown either, this last season sure put a bitter taste in my mouth for Texas.

Leaving behind KSU, KU, ISU and even OU in the South...well....it feels like we are leaving behind our little brothers you know. We got to pick on them so long, and we grew up together, but I guess we gotta look out for what's best for us.

What if those South teams do leave? No one is going to join our conference that we would want, so we gotta look out for ourselves I guess. Time for us to be selfish? Or is it really us that's being selfish?

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Easy Allbaugh,

It's not solely about Texas. It's about the future the the University of Nebraska. It pains me to leave OU, KU, KSU, CU, ISU, OSU behind after much history together. However, the conference(Big 12) was not evolving into what was best for NU on many levels. Joining the Big 10, there is opportunity for growth in many areas outside of just football for NU.

NU vs Texas in football provided some great memories. The games always came down to the wire with the exception of 2003. They nailed NU for 2 Big 12 titles while NU nailed them for one in 99 and their sister aTm in 97. NU managed to snatch defeat out of the mouth of victory a couple times during regular season games too. I'm not as bitter toward Texas about game outcomes as you seem to be. My problems with Texas stem from the control they must have within the conference. Now they can go just be another vote in the Pac whatever or the SEC.
    What is your source that NU is leaving?

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by allbaugh_04 View Post
    I've never gotten a good vibe from Mack Brown either, this last season sure put a bitter taste in my mouth for Texas.

Leaving behind KSU, KU, ISU and even OU in the South...well....it feels like we are leaving behind our little brothers you know. We got to pick on them so long, and we grew up together, but I guess we gotta look out for what's best for us.

What if those South teams do leave? No one is going to join our conference that we would want, so we gotta look out for ourselves I guess. Time for us to be selfish? Or is it really us that's being selfish?
    I will remind you, that Nebraska trails OU in their rivalry series in victories and National Championships. I don't think Nebraska has been "picking" on OU

Black
    99 SS Vert M6

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    What is your source that NU is leaving?
    The players have been informed. I can tell you that I have a contact next to the players. The information the players got obviously came from a coach. While I don't have a Big Red Bat phone to Tom Osborne, I can tell you that I have contacts associated with the University. A formal announcement should happen this week. However, Tom Osborne doesn't like ultimatums. So it may happen next week. If you want a specific name your not gonna get one other than "The Ghost of Nostradamus".

I can tell you that ND was intially offered by the Big 10 to be the 12th team but they turned it down. The Big 10 proceeded accordingly. When I say preceeded accordingly, I mean the Big 10 went ahead with "informal" discussions with other schools. ND had a shot to end this thing by being the only addition but passed it by. They rather wait it out to give up their independence until the formation 16 team super conferences comes to fruition. They may pull the trigger at 14 tho.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

The players have been informed. I can tell you that I have a contact next to the players. The information the players got obviously came from a coach. While I don't have a Big Red Bat phone to Tom Osborne, I can tell you that I have contacts associated with the University. A formal announcement should happen this week. However, Tom Osborne doesn't like ultimatums. So it may happen next week. If you want a specific name your not gonna get one other than "The Ghost of Nostradamus".

I can tell you that ND was intially offered by the Big 10 to be the 12th team but they turned it down. The Big 10 proceeded accordingly. When I say preceeded accordingly, I mean the Big 10 went ahead with "informal" discussions with other schools. ND had a shot to end this thing by being the only addition but passed it by. They rather wait it out to give up their independence until the formation 16 team super conferences comes to fruition. They may pull the trigger at 14 tho.
    I wanted to make sure this wasn't the same source that was telling you Stoops was a done deal to ND

ND won't give up their independence to join a conference. Why share any of their TV money?

Arctic White
    2000 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    I wanted to make sure this wasn't the same source that was telling you Stoops was a done deal to ND

ND won't give up their independence to join a conference. Why share any of their TV money?
    But Stoops went to ND did he not... There was inside proof that was a done deal...

Black
    99 SS Vert M6

Y2K,

It's being said that Bob is NOT thrilled about beating ass on his brother if OU joins the Pac.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Y2K,

It's being said that Bob is NOT thrilled about beating ass on his brother if OU joins the Pac.
    Mike Stoops, best D cordinator we have had under the Stoops era. Venables has been better last year or two, but Mike was the defensive guru. He hasn't been so hot as a head coach, but they did finish ahead of USC this past year

If the Big 12 does break up, I will truly hate it. Funny how the tradition of the conferences can be ended, but the bowl traditions can't be ended for a playoff system

Black
    99 SS Vert M6

Quote Originally Posted by Z28Thunder View Post
    But Stoops went to ND did he not... There was inside proof that was a done deal...
    I guess I deserve that. I only have one source next to OU. I guess maybe I could be wrong again and Bob has always hated his brother and can't wait to pound him into the turf.

Black
    99 SS Vert M6

How did Zona do in their bowl game?

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Something that has interested me, the NCAA was supposed to make public all the wrong doings by USC this past Friday. That never has been announced. I am wondering if this potential re-alignment has had anything to do with the delay of the USC infractions.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information