Negro
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

Long Day...Hope I Never Haveto Deal W/This...

So for starters I live on a ranch and we have 400 cows, so today we moved them home from the pastures so they can have their calves by our house so we can watch them easily. I was dorking around on my bike near the road and see the neighbors car go screaming past and whip in to our driveway, so i bust ass to get back to the house, I had it rapped out in 6th to see what the deal was. I get there and my mom is in tears as the neighbors boy tore outa the yard, so i asked my mom what was up, only to hear our neighbor who's ranch we lease has just commited suicide.

So then mom and dad head down to their house and i was about 15 min behind them. I got there and see the sheriff, they guys nephew whos a game warden, and his sister are all there along with my parents, and the ambulence followed me shortly after. my mom and dad met me about halfway across the drive way and told me most of what had happened. That is only the second time i have seen my dad in tears, kinda shocking. So then we went inside and as i walked by the bathroom he was sitting on the toilet (fully clothed) with blood all over, slumped against the sink counter, with pistol on the floor. Dont think ill ever forget that. He had shot himself in the head with a 22 mag pistol.

I had to leave, couldnt take it. so i got orders from dad on what needs done at home and worked the rest of the day tring to keep my mind off of that, and i made it through alright, but tonight watching my dad haveto tell my younger siblings what had went on, made me pray that i never haveto tell my kids that.

the guy was an ex navy deep sea diver, and looked the part, beard and all, you could tell he belonged on a boat. His birthday was to be this coming sunday, and hes around the 60 range. All in all he was a cool guy, had a wife and 3 kids all outa the house. He had been fighting depression badly, and he had a doctors visit yesterday and his psychiatrist advised that he checked himself into the VA hospital pshyciatric ward and he told them he was fine and wouldnt do anything stupid. IDK im still kinda lost in this whole mess, Ive know the guy all my life and he will be missed. Wether you guys wanted to hear it or not i needed to get it off my chest so thanks for listening. you guys are kinda like a second family.

"A small town called none of your god damn

Silver
    2006 Cadillac CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by suede View Post
    So for starters I live on a ranch and we have 400 cows, so today we moved them home from the pastures so they can have their calves by our house so we can watch them easily. I was dorking around on my bike near the road and see the neighbors car go screaming past and whip in to our driveway, so i bust ass to get back to the house, I had it rapped out in 6th to see what the deal was. I get there and my mom is in tears as the neighbors boy tore outa the yard, so i asked my mom what was up, only to hear our neighbor who's ranch we lease has just commited suicide.

So then mom and dad head down to their house and i was about 15 min behind them. I got there and see the sheriff, they guys nephew whos a game warden, and his sister are all there along with my parents, and the ambulence followed me shortly after. my mom and dad met me about halfway across the drive way and told me most of what had happened. That is only the second time i have seen my dad in tears, kinda shocking. So then we went inside and as i walked by the bathroom he was sitting on the toilet (fully clothed) with blood all over, slumped against the sink counter, with pistol on the floor. Dont think ill ever forget that. He had shot himself in the head with a 22 mag pistol.

I had to leave, couldnt take it. so i got orders from dad on what needs done at home and worked the rest of the day tring to keep my mind off of that, and i made it through alright, but tonight watching my dad haveto tell my younger siblings what had went on, made me pray that i never haveto tell my kids that.

the guy was an ex navy deep sea diver, and looked the part, beard and all, you could tell he belonged on a boat. His birthday was to be this coming sunday, and hes around the 60 range. All in all he was a cool guy, had a wife and 3 kids all outa the house. He had been fighting depression badly, and he had a doctors visit yesterday and his psychiatrist advised that he checked himself into the VA hospital pshyciatric ward and he told them he was fine and wouldnt do anything stupid. IDK im still kinda lost in this whole mess, Ive know the guy all my life and he will be missed. Wether you guys wanted to hear it or not i needed to get it off my chest so thanks for listening. you guys are kinda like a second family.

Probably not what you wanted to hear but speak from experience.

People that do that are F*ck*n vaginas, why feel bad for someone that couldnt be a man

Negro
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

right i know what your saying, its the selfish way out. it may end your pain but it makes everyone else around you feel like shit.

"A small town called none of your god damn

Silver
    2006 Cadillac CTS-V

werd

98 Formula
    06 duramax

it has nothing to do with being a man. The guy obviously had something going on. Shame he had to go out like that but some people see no other way out. They just want whatever mental pain they're having to go away. I don't condone it but understand it. I had a good friend kill himself when we were 20. I could never figure out what would make someone go to that extreme but some people just don't deal well with problems and start traveling down that path and can't come back. My buddy was just your ordinary dude. Nice guy that everyone liked. That was 17 years ago and I still think about him from time to time and all the things he's missed in life.

let the F-Bodies roll jimmybling31's Avatar

white
    94 camaro z28

sorry you had to see that.

Red
    2005 Cadillac CTS-V

lousy way to go out.

You guys got beef cattle?

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

wow...that's fuckin horrible. My condolences to your family and loved ones.

Pewter
    2002 T/A WS6

Bad stuff, man. Images like that really stick with you and you don't forget them. Every time I see a crane or CONEX box I remember watching this guy get completely crushed into a bloody pulp between two of them when the crane swung one around and it collided with the other. Wont ever forget that; seeing roadkill smashed is one thing, but watching another human get crushed is another. Death always reminds us of how fragile things are. Just have to move on though. I was in the Navy for 4 years.

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

I'm sorry you had to see something like that buddy. That must have been rough and yes, it's incredibly selfish for someone to take their own life, but none of us know what demons are lurking in a persons head that heads down a path like that.

2000 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 A4 - Light Pewter Metallic
    Direct Flo lid, SLP Loudmouth, Bassani Offroad Y-Pipe, BMR strut tower brace, BMR subframe connectors, shift points tune and !EGR

2011 Kia Forte EX A6 Sportmatic - Titanium Silver Metallic

I'm verry sorry. It's unfortunate that those who choose suicide can't find the light in life.

White and Orange
    1997 Z/28

sorry to hear that. some people just see no other way out. a guy i graduated with a few years ago kill himself last week. he had gotten arrested for a DUI and they found drugs on him. i guess he just couldnt deal with it. kinda sucks.

Thread Information