Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Blue

Lil help at work

I work for a car dealership,and basically cant stand it anymore. The latest is they have extended our hours and we have to work 7 to 15 hrs more per week,and they arent paying us a dime more. And the very latest is that if we dont sell these extended warranties like 2 per week they are going to start docking our commision pay,this is bs. Ive tried to sell them people around here are just plain cheap,At this point I wanna get fired so i can get unemployment,any ideas on a legal way to get fired and collect? Im think of telling my boss i want my raise at the end of this month,which he was suppose to give to me this month's commision adn took it back and said all raises are froze,im thinking im telling him i want the raise and if he says no then im gonna say fine im going back to my old hours and then you do what u gotta do to me. Ideas would help lol

Black
    1994 Camaro Z28

If the employer can substanciate (document) that you were "fired" as opposed to being layed off, you cannot collect unemployment. If you quit of your own choice you cannot collect unemployment. Try to avoid getting fired because unless you employer is really stupid about unemployment regulations you will up a creek without a paddle.
    2002 Street ET Champion New England Dragway
    1999 Street ET Champion Oxford Dragway
    My Blog is here: http://www.downtime.com

Blue

well i know that not going to lay me off thats for sure.

Love buying generic GM's Nastyfoot's Avatar

Black, Black
    2011 "Generic" Gasser

At 32 years old, looking to get fired isn't exactly a smart career choice. If you don't like your current job, seek gainful employment elsewhere and then give your current job a two week notice.

Good luck in your future endeavors

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by tornado View Post
    I work for a car dealership,and basically cant stand it anymore. The latest is they have extended our hours and we have to work 7 to 15 hrs more per week,and they arent paying us a dime more. And the very latest is that if we dont sell these extended warranties like 2 per week they are going to start docking our commision pay,this is bs. Ive tried to sell them people around here are just plain cheap,At this point I wanna get fired so i can get unemployment,any ideas on a legal way to get fired and collect? Im think of telling my boss i want my raise at the end of this month,which he was suppose to give to me this month's commision adn took it back and said all raises are froze,im thinking im telling him i want the raise and if he says no then im gonna say fine im going back to my old hours and then you do what u gotta do to me. Ideas would help lol
    What kind of cars and what kind of dealership is it?

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

You know you will make better money if you go to work at a local used car lot .. How long you been where you are at??

Black
    1999 Z/28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by 9t8z28 View Post
    What kind of cars and what kind of dealership is it?
    going out on a limb here but it sounds like a used car lot.

all these tactics are the exact same things that a local car lot that i used to work for did to his salesmen.

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

need to get into second chance financing .. thats where the big bucks are .....

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

Take a dump on your boss' desk

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

take a sports car out and melt a new set of rear tires and video tape it and post it on ls1.....that should get u unemployment

Green
    94 Camaro 3.4

Did you sign any papers confirming your new shedule? If not, employers do not have to right to change that abitrally against your will. So, tell them tough crap, I'm working the hours I was hired for. Bite me.

Also, tnthub, the unemployment rules are different state to state, what you said does not, for example, apply in Florida. It depends on the reason you were fired. Which, if he follows my advice, would entitle him to unemployment....

2 SS's are better than 1 Jays00ss's Avatar

NBM / Silver
    00 SS / 71 SS Elcamino

Quote Originally Posted by Nastyfoot View Post
    At 32 years old, looking to get fired isn't exactly a smart career choice. If you don't like your current job, seek gainful employment elsewhere and then give your current job a two week notice.

+1 on that, Don't burn your bridges, I'm sure your new employer will call them as a reference.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by tornado View Post
    are you hourly or salary? tell him you're not working more hours... let them fire you and collect un employment untill you get a new job...

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by Nastyfoot View Post

no... but it sounds to me like the dealership is struggling right now with todays economy... he wants people to work longer hours and not pay them... not a good sign...

Sebring Silver
    2000 CamaroSS

If you're not selling 20 cars a month you need a different line of work anyway.

Blackety Black
    35th Anniversary SS

Dont shower, or crap your pants and walk around the dealership all day smelling like shit. When you let someone take a test drive it will smell like shit so bad they will probably complain. Then when you go into your bosses office to talk about your new odor problem, shit your pants a little more and pretend you didn't realize it. You may be layed off then...

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
    are you hourly or salary? tell him you're not working more hours... let them fire you and collect un employment untill you get a new job...
    that's what i'm wondering...

Sebring Silver
    2000 CamaroSS

Quote Originally Posted by third_shift|studios View Post
    that's what i'm wondering...
    Car sales you get a salary......BUT you work commission
    Your commission is always paid on your sales less the salary.
    So, if you got paid $300 salary & made $600 commission, your check would be $300.
    Many deals you only make $100 for the sale on new cars.

Tough business to be in

Black
    1994 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by B34M3R View Post
    Did you sign any papers confirming your new shedule? If not, employers do not have to right to change that abitrally against your will. So, tell them tough crap, I'm working the hours I was hired for. Bite me.

Also, tnthub, the unemployment rules are different state to state, what you said does not, for example, apply in Florida. It depends on the reason you were fired. Which, if he follows my advice, would entitle him to unemployment....
    10-4, I stand corrected. Show me a car dealer who would not terminate for "cause" however in this situation.
    Last edited by tnthub; 09-11-2007 at 03:07 PM.

Blue

Quote Originally Posted by B34M3R View Post

I did not sign any papers at all about hours ever. I thought they could change it b/c of being at a at will job? Im salary and yes buissness is hurting,but the GM is a real asshole too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information