Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Liking Much Adult Contemporary Music is Unmanly?

Seriously, is it unmanly to like much adult contemporary music? I'm a little embarrassed to give a recognizable example - Phil Collins (solo, "In the Air Tonight" excluded). I certainly wouldn't want to crank up that kind of music while driving my Trans Am. Like being into muscle cars well into adulthood, does being concerned about liking 'unmanly' music hint at an immature mindset? Mind you, liking only adult contemporary music is unmanly, and I'm not that bad
    Last edited by clovenhooves; 04-11-2010 at 08:59 PM.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

A true alpha don't give a phuck. The true alpha listens to shania twain w/ the t-tops down.

Even "Feels Like a Woman"? (Not particularly fond of that song, by the way.) I get your point. Still, despite the fact that many so-called real men must be listening to stereotypically female music, I don't remember ever hearing that blaring from another man's car. It's as though it's somehow more shameful than a man crying in public.

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

I listen to

<--- her

That should be an indicator of how much I care about others' opinions of me

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Quote Originally Posted by clovenhooves View Post
    Even "Feels Like a Woman"? (Not particularly fond of that song, by the way.) I get your point. Still, despite the fact that many so-called real men must be listening to stereotypically female music, I don't remember ever hearing that blaring from another man's car. It's as though it's somehow more shameful than a man crying in public.
    If someone one wants to say something negative about it i'll turn it up louder. I have been known to play the classical stations w/ the t-tops down drowning out the guys blasting there rap

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

I hate country music in general, but Shania is an exception. It also doesn't hurt that she looks this good at 44

She was extremely good-looking. That gets me thinking that it's more embarrassing for a guy to be listening to soft rock by a male artist. Maybe even more so if it's a good-looking male artist (like Richard Marx).

Anyway, at least I've got guys who drive muscle cars saying it's okay, so maybe I'll be a tiny bit more likely to keep the windows down (though I usually have them up for other reasons). Not that anyone would say anything to me; it's more about what others might think and, ultimately, my own self-doubts.

red
    95 Z28

Seriously, is it unmanly to like much adult contemporary music? I'm a little embarrassed to give a recognizable example - Phil Collins (solo, "In the Air Tonight" excluded). I certainly wouldn't want to crank up that kind of music while driving my Trans Am. Like being into muscle cars well into adulthood, does being concerned about liking 'unmanly' music hint at an immature mindset? Mind you, liking only adult contemporary music is unmanly, and I'm not that bad

Phil Collins is good stuff, nothing wrong with that. There's alot of great stuff from many different genres stretching from the 60s through today. I dont think having an eclectic taste in music is bad at all.

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

Who gives a damn what it is. If you like it, listen to it.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by 5.0THIS View Post
    Phil Collins is good stuff, nothing wrong with that. There's alot of great stuff from many different genres stretching from the 60s through today. I dont think having an eclectic taste in music is bad at all.

i was actualy fucking around yesterday with my music equipment and made a perverted remix of in the air tonight... but i don't give a shit what other people think for the most part...

So you wouldn't think less of a guy who often listens to adult contemporary music?

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

So you wouldn't think less of a guy who often listens to adult contemporary music?
    not really... i don't really judge people by the music they are listening to...

Impounded
    gmcheviac

I've blasted lady gaga windows down. With a female friend in the right seat though

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

I'm betting that you're young. Why else would you care what anybody else thinks??? I don't.

1. Listen to what you want, screw everybody else.
    2. If in doubt refer to #1.

Not young anymore, but it wasn't long ago and I'm only intellectually mature for my age.

I wish I had a woman riding with me, not just because that would kind of give me a free pass to openly listen to unmanly music.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

Quote Originally Posted by 67CamaroRSSS View Post
    I'm betting that you're young. Why else would you care what anybody else thinks??? I don't.

1. Listen to what you want, screw everybody else.
    2. If in doubt refer to #1.
    100 % The older you get the less you care what others think.

My music taste range from Charlie Daniels, Johny Cash (and I hate most Country music, but love these guys), Jimmy Hendrix, Alice Cooper to Slipknot Mudvanye, 5FDP, Lords of Acid, NIN, MM, to even some classical composers.

My teens friends find it shocking that I know more about "their" favorite music then they do.

sold: 1999 firebird
    1998 Trans Am

inb4 Luos & TikTok

silver
    1996 Trans AM WS6

i do judge people when they play crap music.

i LOVE to point and laugh at riced out cars so that the driver KNOWS for sure that i'm laughing at him.....

but in the grand scheme of things does it really matter? nope, not one bit.... just gives me a good laugh

sold: 1999 firebird
    1998 Trans Am

i dont care about it, the only thing i really hate is when you see a gangster/redneck white boy driving in his new lifted dodge truck that his daddy bought him with all the windows down blaring lilwayne(or any similar shitty rap music) whilst one handed white-knucking the top of the steering wheel, with the seat adjusted as far back as possible.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by wheeliE-maxx View Post
    I've blasted lady gaga windows down. With a female friend in the right seat though
    FAG!!! j/k...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information