View Poll Results: Should I move or stay?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Move ASAP

10 55.56%
  • Move in April

2 11.11%
  • Stay

2 11.11%
  • Don't move unless you have a job there first

4 22.22%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    07 MAZDASPEED6 GT

Lightbulb Let's review my possible move to FL. Good or bad?

I pretty much have nothing holding me in NJ any longer. My fiancee left me in July & I lost my job in September.

I have wanted to move down to FL for many years, I HATE winter, I am god damn sick of NJ & I really think I just need a fresh start. Most of my friends moved down there a few years ago. My current gf is all for coming with me & I would bring her. I will miss Wawa & Tastykake though.

We would move down in December at the earliest. She needs to finish this semester of school.

The lease on my current apartment isn't up until the end of March though. I would need to see if I could get out of it with little or no penalty & not lose my security deposit. If not, I'd probably just wait till April to move and get a job here just for income till then rather than deplete my savings.

The thing that sucks is finding a job down there. I want to have one lined up before I move, but most places I apply to tell me to call them after I am moved down. Oh well, I guess it wouldn't be any worse than it is right now since I have no job up here. I am looking for jobs up here as well though. I would hate to move into one area & then not be able to find a GOOD job within a reasonable distance. Right now, I am liking the Coral Springs/Ft Lauderdale area. Plus that's close to my friends.

To sum it up:

-I have wanted to move to FL for many years.
    -I hate winter & NJ
    -Current gf would move down with me
    -I need a fresh start
    -Most of my friends are already living down there
    -I have no job etc holding me here
    -I have no job lined up down there
    -It would suck moving down there to whatever city I choose & not be able to find a GOOD job within a reasonable distance.

Anyone think I might be leaving important things out?
    Does anyone see any reason why I should not make the move? Honestly, I do not right now, but I am frustrated, pissed off & losing hope so maybe I'm not seeing certain things I should be.
    '07 MAZDASPEED6 GT
    '96 Mystic Cobra #5615

Pewter
    1999 Camaro SS-M6 #1775

Go down there, look around and try to line out a job. spend some time there and get to know the area to see if you REALLY want to live there,

just my thought! (went through the same boat when we moved but i wasnt engaged LOL).
    1999 Camaro SS/ Pewter/ #1775 - LS1 6-speed - Predator 3 Custom Tune - Pro 5.0 - LS7 Clutch - 3.90's - Koni's - Strano Springs and Sway Bars - SFC's - Full UMI Chassis and Suspension - LS6 Intake PnP TB - ARH LT's and Kitty Ran Away - Magnaflow.

12.6 at 112

http://www.fquick.com/Tyler_LS1

07 MAZDASPEED6 GT

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler_LS1 View Post
    Go down there, look around and try to line out a job. spend some time there and get to know the area to see if you REALLY want to live there,

just my thought! (went through the same boat when we moved but i wasnt engaged LOL).
    I'm not currently engaged. I think you misread.

I have been applying to places, but getting nowhere.

I'm going down there in less than 36 hrs for a few days to visit w/friends, apartment hunt & explore the area.

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Only thing i see is job lined up. I am coming up on 1 year at Cat and have many choices in my head. If you have a good looking savings account and the bitch the split you didnt take it all then i say try and pay minimal penality or none at all for lease. Then get the hell on with a new start. I have thought many times the way you have, I also hate winter, but my family is here. Go move close to friends, Look very hard for a job. Do you have experience in anything that is thriving down in FL. In other words, do you posess a skill or trade or degree that will get you a "good" job. ? If the answer to any of these ?'s is no, I would wait, get a job and save some money up so your not struggling hard core down in a new enviroment.

Good luck!

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

Move to Georgia.
    Close to Florida, no snow, and no hurricanes.

07 MAZDASPEED6 GT

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Po View Post
    Only thing i see is job lined up. I am coming up on 1 year at Cat and have many choices in my head. If you have a good looking savings account and the bitch the split you didnt take it all then i say try and pay minimal penality or none at all for lease. Then get the hell on with a new start. I have thought many times the way you have, I also hate winter, but my family is here. Go move close to friends, Look very hard for a job. Do you have experience in anything that is thriving down in FL. In other words, do you posess a skill or trade or degree that will get you a "good" job. ? If the answer to any of these ?'s is no, I would wait, get a job and save some money up so your not struggling hard core down in a new enviroment.

Good luck!
    The whore didn't touch my savings. I never put her name on any bank accounts. I've got plenty in the bank, but I have been saving all that $ for a dp on a house.

I have 6 years experience in inside sales and am looking to stay with that.

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

man... that a tuffie... really depends on what you want then. House payments in winter NJ or apartment in warm FL. Luck could always go your way and you could find a good job in FL and buy a house and live happy ever after for awhile.

07 MAZDASPEED6 GT

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Po View Post
    man... that a tuffie... really depends on what you want then. House payments in winter NJ or apartment in warm FL. Luck could always go your way and you could find a good job in FL and buy a house and live happy ever after for awhile.
    I can't afford a house here.

By all means get out of NJ while you can. I'm leaving when I decide to wrap up my career. Sooner or later the only people left will be state employees, prisoners and welfare recipients. Everyone I know plans to bolt.

WHITE
    98 z28

Hurricanes suck and summers are HOT But at least it aint N.J.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Good for you man! Change will do you good.....I'd seriously consider Georgia.....
    This is my signature. It is mine. Nobody else has one like it.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

"the grass is always greener on the other side" sorry for the cliché, but you might have a rude awakening. I know a guy who's friends begged him to move 300 miles away with them and then they stopped talking to him once he got there.

I left pittsburgh, pa for cincinnati Oh once i graduated college and have been catchin' hell for it ever since [from family, fiance and myself]. So Yeah, sometimes a change is good, but really i think you should consider stickin' around b/c you might not like the change once you settle in.

Black
    1998 Camaro SS Vert M6

Quote Originally Posted by 86 IROC-Z View Post
    Move to Georgia.
    Close to Florida, no snow, and no hurricanes.
    Amen to that

Black
    1998 Camaro SS Vert M6

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    Good for you man! Change will do you good.....I'd seriously consider Georgia.....
    Dang!!!!!!!!!!!! Sarge, your avatar is hot...........

PEWTER
    2000 CAMARO SS #3821

When I looked down there I was shocked to see the wages compared to mine in Michigan. The amount less was insane so look before you leap.

1 BAD ASS BOWTIE StangKiller615's Avatar

Black on Black
    2001 Camaro SS

You can experience southern hospitality, better winter weather meaning you can drive the T/A when ever the hell you want(no crappy winter weather). Some very hott women, comfortable weather year around. The only negative I can think of would be Hurricanes.

Arctic White
    1997 Trans Am

i've lived here for 25 years, and it SUCKS! i hate this damn state. between the sun and mickey mouse, you can friggin take it serious.

07 MAZDASPEED6 GT

Quote Originally Posted by irishpenguin13 View Post
    i've lived here for 25 years, and it SUCKS! i hate this damn state. between the sun and mickey mouse, you can friggin take it serious.
    Care to tell me why you hate it so much?

Arctic White
    1997 Trans Am

well, lets start off with the heat. its damn impossible to breath during the spring and summer. it feels like your trying to suck in an inflated balloon. you go outside and suddenly your blinded by sweat flowing down your face and its oh so nice when it stings like hell! its great on the interior of the car too. gotta love those burning ass leather seats, even when your windows are down! but oh yes, atleast theres winter...yeah, the 2 weeks that we have of winter. oh man, my favorite part would be the countless sorry ass drivers in florida. wether it be old or young, even though the old people are the worst. every 4 out of 5 accidents in florida occur from senior citizens. its wonderful! the beaches are nice, after paying to get on the beach that looks like a parking lot, you can swim in the waters that were home to about 2 shark attacks a week in the hot months (march-december), i dont know about you, but thats what i like to go to the beach for. shark attacks and 500 pound chicks. oh man, i forgot about the gnats that stick in your eyes and up your nose too. the mosquitos are great...they like to give you diseases. everyone that i know that moved down here say "this state has some wierd ass bugs". oh man, the lovebugs are the best! its awesome when they get all over the front of your car when you go down the highway, if you can go down the highway due to the horrible traffic here. the roads suck, there's always unfinished construction here (nice potholes might i add) going to your job which is a job you'll have in a "right to work state", so they can fire you for no reason if they wanted to. these are just a few of a thousand things i can think of right off the top of my head. anyway, obviously its your choice...obviously. im not saying NOT to come down here, everyone is different with different things. i just dont like it. i've been to almost every other state on the east coast and things are so different....its crazy. i'd have to say the best place in florida would be st. augustine and Madeira Beach (st. petersburg), even though the traffic sucks. its pretty nice. so there's my 2 cents...but if you come down here at all, lemme know.

Arctic White
    1997 Trans Am

by the way, nice car.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information