Thread: Is this Legal?

Bright Red
    1999 Trans Am Ws6

Is this Legal?

I get healthcare through my work...

We have never ever had to get a physical or any check ups or anything as such. Not even for life insurance policy. But today they dropped this bomb on us.

They are giving us the option. Submit to a blood test and BMI review, or face a 15 dollar per WEEK increase. The test is going to show cholesterol, nicotine, tons of shit i never heard of, etc. And the bmi will show if we are over weight or w.e. Then they give us a lifestyle survey, kind of driver, extreme sports, etc...

You don't have to submit to it, but if you don't you are getting a huge raise in your premiums. If you do submit to it, they are going to do it TWICE per year. If you do not show any improvement, you will get a slight increase in premiums. If you do worse, you get more increase.

It's some BS program called health 360 or some shit. All the pot smokers are already freaking out about it. I am going to do it, just because I don't want the huge raise in rates, but I think it is BS. They can't drop bad candidates, but they are going to price them out of it.

Blue
    09 Nissan Altima

it's a way the workplace is trying to make you healthier. go with it! and drugs are bad

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I'm sure it's legal because they probably have already checked into it. Way of the future. Wait until the govt starts controlling health care. They'll be making your grocery list for you. I wouldn't submit to it just out of principle.

2011 Prius

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    I'm sure it's legal because they probably have already checked into it. Way of the future. Wait until the govt starts controlling health care. They'll be making your grocery list for you. I wouldn't submit to it just out of principle.
    Yep, I would do the Survey though and make like I am the unhealthy bastard and worst driver on the planet, with a nasty letter.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

Quote Originally Posted by Smkn_TA View Post
    I get healthcare through my work...

We have never ever had to get a physical or any check ups or anything as such. Not even for life insurance policy. But today they dropped this bomb on us.

They are giving us the option. Submit to a blood test and BMI review, or face a 15 dollar per WEEK increase. The test is going to show cholesterol, nicotine, tons of shit i never heard of, etc. And the bmi will show if we are over weight or w.e. Then they give us a lifestyle survey, kind of driver, extreme sports, etc...

You don't have to submit to it, but if you don't you are getting a huge raise in your premiums. If you do submit to it, they are going to do it TWICE per year. If you do not show any improvement, you will get a slight increase in premiums. If you do worse, you get more increase.

It's some BS program called health 360 or some shit. All the pot smokers are already freaking out about it. I am going to do it, just because I don't want the huge raise in rates, but I think it is BS. They can't drop bad candidates, but they are going to price them out of it.
    You are going to pay $15 a week with or with out the above stuff. Once you complete the surveys they will then increase your rates based on your life style. Is it fair? eh*shrugs shoulders* but get ready for a more robust version of this once this health care get's force down our throats.

2011 Prius

Thank god I don't have to go through my adulthood with the government on the outside of my wallet, they climbed in. But hey, my generations kids, will just hand over there wallet!!! It can't be that bad, can it?

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

Quote Originally Posted by SHines-IT View Post
    Thank god I don't have to go through my adulthood with the government on the outside of my wallet, they climbed in. But hey, my generations kids, will just hand over there wallet!!! It can't be that bad, can it?
    Your kids won't get the chance to get a wallet.

midnight blue
    2000 trans am

We as the american people have the right to overthrow the government at anytime.

2011 Prius

Quote Originally Posted by bluehawk2000 View Post
    We as the american people have the right to overthrow the government at anytime.
    Yes, we do. But people are to damn scarred.

midnight blue
    2000 trans am

Yes I see this everyday, I still think you should have served in the military before you should be eligable to become president. Because how are you going to be the commander and cheif of one of the greatest military powers in the world and never served in it doesnt make any sense. And only an 1/8th of congress is prior military now, so mostly its alot of old guys who is in their doing shit for us and screwing everybody over and lining their pockets with all of our money. If I knew where to start the overthrow I would lol but theirs not enough people that would join it to do it. I think we should keep the same government but put different but qualified people in those places. All anybody wants to do now is complain about it, basically everybody wants to be the sheep instead of the hearding dog. Nobody wants to lead everybody wants to follow if it benefits them.

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by bluehawk2000 View Post
    Yes I see this everyday, I still think you should have served in the military before you should be eligable to become president. Because how are you going to be the commander and cheif of one of the greatest military powers in the world and never served in it doesnt make any sense. And only an 1/8th of congress is prior military now, so mostly its alot of old guys who is in their doing shit for us and screwing everybody over and lining their pockets with all of our money. If I knew where to start the overthrow I would lol but theirs not enough people that would join it to do it. I think we should keep the same government but put different but qualified people in those places. All anybody wants to do now is complain about it, basically everybody wants to be the sheep instead of the hearding dog. Nobody wants to lead everybody wants to follow if it benefits them.

psttt *advisers*

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by SHines-IT View Post
    Yes, we do. But people are to damn scarred.
    that or common sense

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

The insurance Co.s' will work around ANY regulations placed on them. The testing you're speaking of is going to be their way of getting around them in the near future. They will do that no matter what form of the "health care" bill gets passed. Because they will soon have to cover people with pre-exsisting illnesses no matter what side of the isle the bill comes from. They will charge you now according to what they deem has healthy and unhealthy.. People will either have to change thier lifestyles or be forced to take Gov health care. It's called controling loss..If they have to cover you for a pre-exsisting illness the insurrance co's will just price you out..Works out great for Gov. and Insurers because they hold eachothers hands when it comes to fucking the consumer.. Tell them to stick their "testing" in their ass and find a different insurer..
    Last edited by Smittro; 11-06-2009 at 09:53 AM.
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

midnight blue
    2000 trans am

blue cross blue shield never served me wrong and they seemed appropriate on the prices. Tell them to shove their tests up their ass, its work and what do you not bring to work your personal life. The two has nothing to do with it but now I know if you do use tobacco products insurance companys will charge more since its a health risk. Thats why I am glad I am in the army and dont have to worry about that mess.

White
    99 Pontiac Trans Am #2466

It seems legit. They are tryin to cut their costs while forcing policy holders to remain healthy for as long as possible.

Black
    1999 Z/28 M6

a twice a year free physical on the bill of the company to let me know how healthy i am and what i would have to do to get healthier...i see no issue with this. i'd see it as beneificial. if you are getting healthier you will pay less for health insurance and health care anyway so what' the big whoop. you'll actually save money.

Thread Information