Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lawn mowers

Maple Red Metallic
    2002 Trans Am M6

Lawn mowers

Wanted to know if some of you guys with lawn mowers can assist me. i need to help a friend trying to donate a push mower and a ride mower and need to drain the fluids outta them. how do you? i dont wanna make a mess and i'm not familiar with them

The bottom has the drain plug for the crankcase.

Maple Red Metallic
    2002 Trans Am M6

will it be under the whole mower? or just underneath the engine? thanks

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

This one time my lawnmower flipped over (steep hill), caught fire, and exploded. I hid the remains of the lawnmower under my parents bed, and then filled in the crater and burned the rest of the yard to match so my parents wouldn't notice. Some how they found out though and dad was pissed.

Maple Red Metallic
    2002 Trans Am M6

Quote Originally Posted by 86 IROC-Z View Post
    This one time my lawnmower flipped over (steep hill), caught fire, and exploded. I hid the remains of the lawnmower under my parents bed, and then filled in the crater and burned the rest of the yard to match so my parents wouldn't notice. Some how they found out though and dad was pissed.
    hahaha, that didnt help at all... but it gave me a laugh. i'll just search all over til i find the drain plug cause i wasn't sure if the bottom meant underneath the whole mower

green
    98 formula

if it is a push mower yes it will be under the deck you will have to scrape the grass off to find it

Maple Red Metallic
    2002 Trans Am M6

thanks thats what i was unsure of

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

haha the only reason to ever pull the drain plug on a lawnmower engine is if you do infact just have to drain the oil. nobody changes the oil on lawnmowers lol my mowers go YEARS on oil lol

But yeah, flip the mower. thers a big square bolt. thats it.

'06 Z06 & '05 Ram SRT-10

Quote Originally Posted by 86 IROC-Z View Post

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

BEFORE YOU SCRAPE IT!!!!!!!!!!Disconnect the spark plug!!! Turning the blade/s may cause the mower to start up!!

Maple Red Metallic
    2002 Trans Am M6

Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    BEFORE YOU SCRAPE IT!!!!!!!!!!Disconnect the spark plug!!! Turning the blade/s may cause the mower to start up!!
    hahaha, knowin my dumb ass i'd chop off a couple hands. thanks for that advice thats why i was askin i didnt wanna miss something and have to start driving with stub. shiftin would be a real bitch

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by BirdCountry02 View Post
    hahaha, knowin my dumb ass i'd chop off a couple hands. thanks for that advice thats why i was askin i didnt wanna miss something and have to start driving with stub. shiftin would be a real bitch
    LOL! I was hopein' you'd see this before you tried it. I was watching "Top Gear" once and a guy on there had his prostetic (spell?) arm come off. It was still clutching the steering wheel as he was tryin' to drive.LOL

Maple Red Metallic
    2002 Trans Am M6

LOL! I was hopein' you'd see this before you tried it. I was watching "Top Gear" once and a guy on there had his prostetic (spell?) arm come off. It was still clutching the steering wheel as he was tryin' to drive.LOL
    yea thanks haha. that would totally be me. nothing will stop me from drivin even, even losin all my limbs. hahaha that had to be a funny site seein it still grip the wheel

Red
    99 Chevrolet Camaro Z-28

you cant get a lawn mower to start with the "dead man" handle disengaged..to kill the motor or to stop these there is a thick metal band that cllamps around the flywheel. so unless u can magically hold the handle down to disengage the flywheel brake and be able to spin the blade over fast enough to start it, kudos to you...but highly doubtful

Sebring Silver
    2000 CamaroSS

Quote Originally Posted by SteveCZ28 View Post
    you cant get a lawn mower to start with the "dead man" handle disengaged..to kill the motor or to stop these there is a thick metal band that cllamps around the flywheel. so unless u can magically hold the handle down to disengage the flywheel brake and be able to spin the blade over fast enough to start it, kudos to you...but highly doubtful
    Older mowers don't have that feature, & safegards can fail.....it's a good practice to remove the plug wire.....takes 1 second

NBM
    2000 WS6

Believe it or not most say to turn on the side and drain though the dip stick.....Not kidding.. I guess they figure that most people don't know where to find the drain plug..........

Red
    99 Chevrolet Camaro Z-28

Quote Originally Posted by 4get gto View Post
    Believe it or not most say to turn on the side and drain though the dip stick.....Not kidding.. I guess they figure that most people don't know where to find the drain plug..........
    yeah i knew that too...maybe the manufacturers say that due to oil residue being left behind on the under side of the deck thus creating a spot for grass and crap to clump up on?? i dunno

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by SteveCZ28 View Post
    I was just tryin' to help. Who told you you "cant" start a mower that way?
    I told him that cause I'd hate to see someone get hurt. But hell If you say they wont start up that way maybe you're right spin away bud. I can see your thread now,LOL "setting up my car for driving with hooks any suggestions?"LOL

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by rbob93 View Post
    Older mowers don't have that feature, & safegards can fail.....it's a good practice to remove the plug wire.....takes 1 second
    Thanx

White
    2008 Hummer H3

The dead man stops conductivity at the coil. The metal band you're referring to is to slow free spin. If you think a metal strip is going to stop 3.5+ hp (which is a base model push mower hp) you're crazy. Check it out if you think I'm wrong.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information