Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

ladies of LS1.com, i need your help making myself over...

i've been a jeans and t-shirt slob my entire life, and it's gotten me few women. i always swore that i would never wear trendy douchebag clothes like A&F, Armani, etc. but principles don't keep you warm at night. i have decided to go out and buy all new clothes, shoes, and watches and other crap. the thing is, i don't know what is "in" these days. what styles/clothes do you like on a guy? BTW, i'm like 5'9" 200lbs so i'm a little on the chubby side but not much.

99 Firebird Formula

I dunno, I love a jeans and t-shirt kind of guy personally.

Don't change how you dress just for the sake of getting a woman...if jeans & tshirts are what you are, then so be it. My bf is like that...as far as dressing up goes, he has a few nice button down shirts that look great on him. I certainly wouldn't want him dressed head to toe in armani/calvin klein etc because that's just not who he is.

SUPREME member-oderator oneBADDz's Avatar

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

just go to the mall, the modern trends never take 2 days to get on the shelf of every "name brand" store there. I personally really like hollister, just not their pants cause it seems that they only sell torn up jeans. You could get better quality jeans at a thrift store. They always have really good prices in their "sale" section in the back, mostly hip style shirts and jeans, so you don't have to negotiate between who you are and what other people want, you can meet in the middle

It depends on what you're after.

If you want yuppie girls, go to some yuppie bars or clubs and see what the guys they go for wear.
    Same goes if you are looking for dance club girls, hippie girls, artsy chicks, punk rock girls, goth girls, metalhead chicks, cheerleader types or whatever.
    Go chill where the type of girls you're attracted to hang out and observe what the guys they like wear.

Then go buy those clothes.

Has always worked for me
    And that's coming from a guy who always dates girls who are a good deal younger, so I always gotta pay attention.
    Last edited by BillyT; 04-04-2006 at 09:20 PM.

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

you slut.

Cyclone Grey Metallic
    2006 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by BillyT
    It depends on what you're after.

If you want yuppie girls, go to some yuppie bars or clubs and see what the guys they go for wear.
    I knew you were a yuppie.

Silver
    2001 Cobra vert 530rwhp

BillyT gave you some good advice. Also, it never hurts to have a pink shirt in your closet and a green one. I keep hearing people say "Green, it's the new pink." Maybe it takes styles a lot longer to reach MS but that's what is in now.

New threads will get you noticed, but keeping you warm at night will depend on your conversation skills.

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Concentrate on your body more then your clothes dude...then you won't even need clothes to get women Eat right, cardio, tan and lift and you'll be in there...then go work on your car with your shirt off and watch the chics throw panties at you You're in your body 24/7...might as well take care of it.

I haven't bought new clothes in a good 2 years...besides the necessities like boxers and stuff. Be who you are...last thing you want is a chic that likes you for your wardrobe...trust me.

Hand over your man card sally!

Quote Originally Posted by 91Z28
    I knew you were a yuppie.
    I'm a 31 year old single male originally from NJ who works as a software engineer in San Francisco (previously NYC) for a Dot-Com company.
    I've lived on my own since my parents (who abused me) threw me out at age twenty, thereafter living with ex-cons and drug addicts.
    I'm a high school dropout, and before teaching myself my current career where I now make six figures, I worked in factories as well as in roofing, car painting, cabinet making, construction and landscaping.
    I've done motor swaps, cam swaps, tranny swaps, gear swaps, and tons of other auto work, with my own greasy bleeding hands, mainly because I couldn't afford to pay to have any of it done professionally.
    I'm a drummer, guitarist, singer/songwriter, abstract artist, and novice cook.
    I spent my entire life from age 15 to 25 trying to make it in music, originally as a heavy metal drummer, and later as a pop-rock singer/songwriter, before giving up on my dream that no one could keep me from shooting for.
    I'm the owner of multiple firearms and am experienced in hunting, fishing, sailing, canoeing/rafting, skiing, tennis, wrestling, weight lifting, karate, and dirt bike riding.
    I've used every drug in the book including steroids, and still do smoke weed once in a while.
    All the cars I've ever owned were American and all but two were muscle cars. I've never owned a brand new car.
    I've been in street fights resulting in arrests and hospital visits. One fight, in defense of family member, left me with permanent damage in my right hand.
    I've had physical confrontations with everyone from guidos, to ghetto trash, to bikers, to crooked cops.
    I once helped the NYPD apprehend a fleeing criminal by tackling him on the street.
    I spent a few days in jail for crimes falsely drummed up against me by crooked NJ cops which I was later acquitted of.
    I ignored commands from and evaded Police in order to get my kid brother out of NYC on Sept. 11th.
    Last week, while people stood around screaming, I tackled and subdued an enormous pit bull that had been running crazy around my neighborhood with a bucket tied to his leash, after some idiot yuppie who had "rescued" the dog tied him to a cigarette bucket outside a bistro while she sipped her Latte, thinking that would hold him.
    I have friends from and have dated girls from all over the world.
    I've eaten sushi and sipped Chardonnay with Manhattan elites, and movie stars like Tara Reid, and I've slammed beers and been to pig roasts, crawfish bakes, and on duck hunts with the redneckest of them all, and have even been in a line dance or two.
    I know almost all of the Osbourne Brothers' music (Bluegrass) by heart.
    I seriously considered joining the USMC in my twenties, but didn't because of the possibility of fighting in conflicts I didn't believe in, although I have a few friend who did.
    I'm a direct descendant of one of the Pilgrims who came over on the Mayflower, and have family members buried in Europe and Asia who died fighting in WWII.
    I am not and don't associate with anyone who is obnoxiously conceited, selfish or rude, or who generally fits the stereotype of yuppie.

Anyway, if I am a yuppie in the strictest sense of the word; "Young Urban Professional", then so be it.

But in any other sense, besides working in a major city and having a love for the finer things in life, I couldn't be further from one.
    Last edited by BillyT; 04-05-2006 at 09:58 AM.

zleeper z
    I'm a 31 year old single male originally from NJ who works as a software engineer in San Francisco (previously NYC) for a Dot-Com company.
    I've lived on my own since my parents (who abused me) threw me out at age twenty, thereafter living with ex-cons and drug addicts.
    I'm a high school dropout, and before teaching myself my current career where I now make six figures, I worked in factories as well as in roofing, car painting, cabinet making, construction and landscaping.
    I've done motor swaps, cam swaps, tranny swaps, gear swaps, and tons of other auto work, with my own greasy bleeding hands, mainly because I couldn't afford to pay to have any of it done professionally.
    I'm a drummer, guitarist, singer/songwriter, abstract artist, and novice cook.
    I spent my entire life from age 15 to 25 trying to make it in music, originally as a heavy metal drummer, and later as a pop-rock singer/songwriter, before giving up on my dream that no one could keep me from shooting for.
    I'm the owner of multiple firearms and am experienced in hunting, fishing, sailing, canoeing/rafting, skiing, tennis, wrestling, weight lifting, karate, and dirt bike riding.
    I've used every drug in the book including steroids, and still do smoke weed once in a while.
    All the cars I've ever owned were American and all but two were muscle cars. I've never owned a brand new car.
    I've been in street fights resulting in arrests and hospital visits. One fight, in defense of family member, left me with permanent damage in my right hand.
    I've had physical confrontations with everyone from guidos, to ghetto trash, to bikers, to crooked cops.
    I once helped the NYPD apprehend a fleeing criminal by tackling him on the street.
    I spent a few days in jail for crimes falsely drummed up against me by crooked NJ cops which I was later acquitted of.
    I ignored commands from and evaded Police in order to get my kid brother out of NYC on Sept. 11th.
    Last week, while people stood around screaming, I tackled and subdued an enormous pit bull that had been running crazy around my neighborhood with a bucket tied to his leash, after some idiot yuppie who had "rescued" the dog tied him to a cigarette bucket outside a bistro while she sipped her Latte, thinking that would hold him.
    I have friends from and have dated girls from all over the world.
    I've eaten sushi and sipped Chardonnay with Manhattan elites, and movie stars like Tara Reid, and I've slammed beers and been to pig roasts, crawfish bakes, and on duck hunts with the redneckest of them all, and have even been in a line dance or two.
    I know almost all of the Osbourne Brothers' music (Bluegrass) by heart.
    I seriously considered joining the USMC in my twenties, but didn't because of the possibility of fighting in conflicts I didn't believe in, although I have a few friend who did.
    I'm a direct descendant of one of the Pilgrims who came over on the Mayflower, and have family members buried in Europe and Asia who died fighting in WWII.
    I am not and don't associate with anyone who is obnoxiously conceited, selfish or rude, or who generally fits the stereotype of yuppie.

Anyway, if I am a yuppie in the strictest sense of the word: "Young Urban Professional" , then so be it.

But in any other sense, beside having a love for the finer things in life, I couldn't be further from one.
    BillyT's autobiography!! When is it going to be available to the public?

Quote Originally Posted by zleeper z
    BillyT's autobiography!! When is it going to be available to the public?
    Prick.

zleeper z
    Prick.
    Ouch! that hurt, it was just a friendly joke. No harm done.
    Although, I do respect your personal experiences in life. I like how you learn from them, as opposed to taking friends/parents/teachers etc. advice.

Quote Originally Posted by zleeper z
    Ouch! that hurt, it was just a friendly joke. No harm done.
    Although, I do respect your personal experiences in life. I like how you learn from them, as opposed to taking friends/parents/teachers etc. advice.
    I know. I was kidding too.
    Mixing experience with good advice is a sound combo.
    Even if all you wanna do is learn how to dress nicely for the ladies!

Quote Originally Posted by Camaro2fast4u
    i've been a jeans and t-shirt slob my entire life, and it's gotten me few women. i always swore that i would never wear trendy douchebag clothes like A&F, Armani, etc. but principles don't keep you warm at night. i have decided to go out and buy all new clothes, shoes, and watches and other crap. the thing is, i don't know what is "in" these days. what styles/clothes do you like on a guy? BTW, i'm like 5'9" 200lbs so i'm a little on the chubby side but not much.
    Changing up your wardrobe doesn't have to mean changing who you are as a person. A man isn't defined by his clothes. You can still wear your jeans and t-shirts. You may, however, want to think about upgrading/updating them. To give you truly good fashion advice it would help to know your age, the part of the country you live in, and see some pics of you.

Well I'm not a ladie of Ls1.com, but I am similar to you on wardrobe. I have been saying for the last 15 years that I was going to start dressing better. I alway seemed to find a reason not too. I am now 36, and jeans and t-shirts still are the majority of my "wardrobe". Maybe I just grew up and tried to be as different from my dad as possible. My dad would put on a tie to watch TV.

Concentrate on your body more then your clothes dude...then you won't even need clothes to get women
    +1

Crazy Bitch

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 SS Camaro

Personally, I wouldn't want a man to change his way of dressing for me. Jeans and a tshirt are great, if that is what you like! Jeans can dress up nice enough with a button down shirt to go almost anywhere (no holes or grease on them though... LOL). If you really want a relationship (or someone to just keep you warm at night), being yourself is MOST important. As for the "chubby", sorry but I want a man big enough and bad enough to take up for me if need be! Nothing wrong with some meat on a man! I think we all go through the "I need a change", but in the end, we wind up back in our jeans and t-shirts and the clothes (that we spent good money on) end up in the back of our closets.

Crazy Bitch

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 SS Camaro

Just an after thought......what exactly is on your T-shirts????? Maybe that is the problem, hmmmmmmm....... Just kidding

Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by Bigrus
    Hand over your man card sally!

Man, do your own thing dude. I used to change my style to suit my gf's, f*ck that, if she don't like my style she can kiss my rosy red ass. Go find herself an armani wearing idiot with a little winky, and a corvette.

It ain't the pants you got on, its what you got under them!
    Last edited by Roastem; 04-05-2006 at 06:13 AM.
    Heads 'n Cammed, Moser 12, 3.73's, Weight Reduction, 13" Brembo Kit
    BMR track suspension, full exhaust, the works...
    412whp/394wtq 1/4 mile slip coming soon!
    Gone: '01 Laser Red Cobra 3.73's/Full Bolt-ons

Black, Blue
    07 TBSS, 07 GSXR1000

I have changed my style over the years and I still went back to jeans and a t shirt. If you have to dress a certain way to get a woman or wear your hair a certaind way then F*ck them. I have had my share of chicks and it is all aabout how you talk to them and how you carry yourself. Clothes don't make the man the man makes the clothes.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information