Thread: Kind words

Steel blue pearlcoat
    2000 dodge intrepid

Kind words

well today at the gas station had a young soldier that just returned from Iraq come in with his dad. I promptly thanked him for his service and keeping us safe. he replied" Thank you sir you do not know what this means to me,but to be honest I want to go to afghanistan now.That is where the problems are that needs to be taken care of" It actually brought tears to my eyes knowing such a young man is more than willing to put his life on the line to fight for our safety and rights. THANK ALL OF YOU ON THIS BOARD THAT HAS OR IS SERVED/SERVING IN THE ARMED FORCES.

04 Cobra 'vert - M6 mysti
    02 WS6 coupe - A4 red

Well said and good for you. I offer a hearty thank you to all our servicemen on this site and beyond also. I always offer to shake the hand of and give a thank you to any servicemen I run into as well.

I think it's fantastic that he has that mentality of wanting to go back to where he can solve some problems for his country. That's part of what makes our armed forces the best in the world.

midnight blue
    2000 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by cuervo25_1 View Post
    well today at the gas station had a young soldier that just returned from Iraq come in with his dad. I promptly thanked him for his service and keeping us safe. he replied" Thank you sir you do not know what this means to me,but to be honest I want to go to afghanistan now.That is where the problems are that needs to be taken care of" It actually brought tears to my eyes knowing such a young man is more than willing to put his life on the line to fight for our safety and rights. THANK ALL OF YOU ON THIS BOARD THAT HAS OR IS SERVED/SERVING IN THE ARMED FORCES.
    I feel the same way but they wont send me quite yet!!! And thank you for all of your support.

Thread Information