2002 A4,WS6

Kid gets kicked out. What do you think?

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/...out.class.wptv

This needs to happen more often.
    The mom can kiss my butt.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

that reporter sounded like a 16 y/o...i would fight the teacher.
    Last edited by third_shift|studios; 05-27-2008 at 05:31 PM.

I wouldn't mind schooling the mom

Blue GMC Canyon
    trans ams gone now

all i noticed was that the mom is pretty hot! i'd wreck it

Gray/ White
    09Ram 1500 83 Thunderturd

Quote Originally Posted by Nhra Firebird View Post
    I wouldn't mind schooling the mom
    Quote Originally Posted by bandit95 View Post
    all i noticed was that the mom is pretty hot! i'd wreck it
    x2 The CNN chick wasn't bad either

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

its a battle of political correctness imo.

the kid has rights, but personally i think that kid with needs like a kid with autism does, needs to be in a classroom better suited to him. TOTALLY unproffesional to have his 5 yr old peers make a decision like that though. thats up to the school board to make a decision like that.

mom is a milf

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

teacher needs beat, mom needs a spanking

White
    2000 Firebird Formula

Quote Originally Posted by Kup98ss View Post

That teacher should be ran out of the profession and bitch slapped and you're a freaking idiot if you think it's a good idea to teach kids to vote out the unpopular kid.

I mean holly hell what kind of an example are you setting?

No doubt there may have been a more appropriate setting for the kid as should have been discussed between parents and faculty behind closed doors, instead of making the kid feel like an unwanted POS.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by Kup98ss View Post

it never needs to happen and never should... the issue of his behavior should have been taken up with the parents, a psychologist, and the school board to determin what the problem is and what to do with the child...

the mom in my opinion need to press this harder and get that teacher fired... the amount of mental scaring done to that kid could be immense...

if a teacher did that to my child i'd do all i could to destroy thier carrer and thier life... hell... i'd more than likely take physical action against them and skin them alive...

Silver
    2002 Trans AM

I guess they teach Democracy in that class?

Pewter
    2000 Z28

Yeah, if that was my kid, I would be sueing the school board/district, the teacher and any other staff I could find some way to connect to that for prejudicial treatment of the child. $$$$$ And then, after I got paid, I would hire someone to discretely bring said teacher to my basement. I would use pliers, and vice grips in very creative (read painful) ways to make sure the teacher knew exactly how I felt about the method of teaching they chose to utilize.

White
    2000 Firebird Formula

I'd probably skip the lawsuit, but I would definately hold that over them if the teacher wasn't fired and professionally speaking ran out of the freaking state.

Black
    '98 Z28

Setting the "he might be autistic part aside", you know the kid's got be out-of-control when the parent says he can be difficult at times. My girlfriend's mother is a 1st grade school teacher, and some of the stories I've heard the last year are ridiculous. Adults should have to pass a test in order to have kids. Some people are just retarded when it comes to parenting.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

you ever been around an autistic kid? they're seriously crazy as hell and very uncontrolable when they freak out That said; the whole thing should have been handled with more poise by the teacher.

Though i agree not all parents should be parents...no parent expects to have an autistic kid, nor should be "held liable" for them as you seem to infer.

White
    2000 Firebird Formula

Regardless of why the behavior issues are there the child is only 5 and if it is that big of an issue then the conversation should still occur between the adults.

Setting aside the damage done to the kid being voted out, what kind of example does this set for the rest of the kids in class? That if you don't like some one or they are different, you can vote them out?

Kids already get a clicky mentality all on their own, nothing like helping hand from the authority figures to reinforce that negative thought pattern.

Black
    99 Z28

You know, if he's a special needs kid and needs special classes, I think that's where he belongs. He looked like a handful in the few minutes on screen. I do not think he looked slow or "special", though spoiled and with out discipline comes to mind.

I think that how it was handled was probably not the most appropriate, but you know, the kids were given a chance to say why they didn't want him around. Hard lesson to learn at that age, but perhaps he can learn from it and can get that he can not behave the way he believed with those kids.

Maybe he's autistic, or maybe he's spoiled little shit that no one wants to be around.

White
    2000 Firebird Formula

That's not a lesson a 5 year old needs to learn (that applies to the kid being voted off and the ones voting).... There is something to be said for the innocence of youth.

The issue isn't even if the kid should or shouldn't be in class it's how the whole thing was handled.

Pewter
    2000 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by DrMilhouse View Post
    You know, if he's a special needs kid and needs special classes, I think that's where he belongs. He looked like a handful in the few minutes on screen. I do not think he looked slow or "special", though spoiled and with out discipline comes to mind.

I think that how it was handled was probably not the most appropriate, but you know, the kids were given a chance to say why they didn't want him around. Hard lesson to learn at that age, but perhaps he can learn from it and can get that he can not behave the way he believed with those kids.

Maybe he's autistic, or maybe he's spoiled little shit that no one wants to be around.

He looked like a handful in the 1-3 minutes on screen?? Do you have kids? At that age they could be the smartest, most well developed child on the planet, and yet they would still have "kid moments" where they run rampant and rough shod over authority. You know why?? Cause they're kids. Once in a while the mood strikes them to go berserk. Thats part of being a kid. Having been a "special needs" child myself (I had hyper-activity disorder coupled with a sever case of A.D.D.) I can tell you, the last thing you need is to be singled out and ridiculed by your peers, let alone the teacher (who is kind of like a surrogate parent to you at that age) that you should be able to trust to behave like an adult. He shoud not ever have to learn that lesson, or at least not until he is cognizant of his behavior. As for discipline.... my grandmother idnt believe in my diagnosis, and instead of giving me my ritalin while I was spending time with her, she would just smack me around for "mis-behaving". Some would say thats a "tough lesson learned" about behaving. Most would call it abuse. I didnt talk to her for around 8 yrs for that. Think she learned a lesson?? Autism is a disease, and any teacher that ignored it or tried to imply my child was simply misbehaving (that didnt have a doctorate in child psychology) would suffer the harshest penalties I could have society enforce. Tough lesson learned......

Sorry for the rant.

Black
    99 Z28

eh, I dunno. Like I said, I don't think it was handled in the best manner and perhaps there's been call after call with the teacher and parent already and the parent might not be doing anything. The "report" was pretty one sided if ya didn't notice.

I don't think it was handled in the best way. Maybe it's not something a 5 year old should have to learn. Maybe he's ahead of the curve on that since it's a lesson he got at a young age. I dunno. Either way, the whole case will be held in the court of public opinion and the school is always the bad guy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information