Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Silver
    2016 Dodge Challenger

Kia Forte Koupe sx

Looking at a kia forte koup sx. Has everything , almost to much to list for about $17500. Only looking at because of the options you get for the price and the warranty is a 5/60000 and the typical 100000 powertrain. Ive rear d alot of good reviews and good gas mileage. Gonna be a second car just to put mileage on. Anyone have any experience or positve things to say? The other option was either a honda civic or maybe an accord. But I was looking at warranty standpoint.

2011 Prius

I test drove one with my brother, it's nice and more fun then his Focus ZX3. Not bad little cars for the price and a to get from point a to b. But buy a used one Kia does not hold value real well like the civics do.

Silver
    2016 Dodge Challenger

I usually do leases so just turn them in anyhow. Need a point a to b car and it has alot of features.

2011 Prius

Quote Originally Posted by redls1 View Post
    I usually do leases so just turn them in anyhow. Need a point a to b car and it has alot of features.
    Its not bad for the price, nothing to be excited about. I don't know about there lease terms though. But my brother said BMW/MINI has nice terms. The Mini S is niced options and is fun. I don't about there waranty either, but a freind has one 20,000 miles a year no problem... Down side no spare...

Silver
    2016 Dodge Challenger

So far lease terms are subject but no money down $250mth for 36 months 15k a year and this has a spare supposedly.

2011 Prius

So far lease terms are subject but no money down $250mth for 36 months 15k a year and this has a spare supposedly.
    That's not bad at all.

Edit: After doing the math though, that's $9,000 after 36 months. I still would almost rather find a used one a year or two old under 20,000 miles.

Silver
    2016 Dodge Challenger

Hmm might see what I can find used. Only been out 2 years i think though.

2011 Prius

Hmm might see what I can find used. Only been out 2 years i think though.
    At least you can sell and get some of your money back. Probably get one of the certified used, I think most manfactures have them up to 100,000 miles.

Silver
    2016 Dodge Challenger

Not bad looking for the sx though.

2011 Prius

Not bad looking for the sx though.
    I just did a fast search, for cheap ones. Is that the one with leather? I think 2010 is the first year though. May not be many used, but maybe a good year end price soon? Some cars at the chevy dealer have been marked $5,000-8,000 of msrp. I am sure Kia may have some deal sooner or latter.

Silver
    2016 Dodge Challenger

Yeah its the one with leather,sunroof everything. They are gonna some pretty good mark downs.

Black
    1999 Z/28 M6

i understand that hyundai is looking seriously at dropping kia from their US vehicle lineup soon.

2011 Prius

Quote Originally Posted by 1MileCrash View Post
    i understand that hyundai is looking seriously at dropping kia from their US vehicle lineup soon.
    Kia is owned by Hyundai? That's news to me, either way if they are dropped. Hyundai would then still hold there warranty I imagine.

Gone:2001 Camaro SS #4846

Hyundai owns Kia and many components are shared. Hyundai enjoys a pretty good name for itself right now. Kia, not so much.

And for 99% of individuals, lease=FAIL.

You are far better off to buy something.

At the end of the lease you are left with a $9000 hole in your finances and nothing to show for it. Might even get hit with a "condition adjustment" at the end.

Plus, a lease usually requires higher insurance liability limits which means higher premiums.

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

This is why I would never lease a vehicle. I'd rather finance. Like I am doing now.

Red
    2017 Z06

OP said a new one list for $17500. How is $15K a deal on a used one with over 5K miles?

black
    1998 Camaro Z/28

Nice looking car I will admit. Yes Kia is owned by Hyundai. Also Kia's 10/100k powertrain is only for original owners.

Dealing with Kia's warranty and how much of a Piece of shit their vehicles are, I would never rent one, let alone own one. Of course what they do not tell you is that if your vehicle is down for warranty repairs, KIA does not and will not pay to put you in a rental vehicle if your servicing dealer has no loaners. Seen plenty of KIA customers get fucked.
    The biggest one was a guy who had an unsafe to drive vehicle with brake failure and it was his only vehicle. KIA would not put him in a rental even after talking with Kia customer service. He traded the car in for a Subaru before the parts came in for his repair. Of course we gave the Kia District rep shit being they lost a fairly new customer because of their poor service.
    Last edited by 98Hardtop; 07-18-2010 at 03:22 PM.

09 Vulcan 900 custom.
    2007 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
    1998 Z/28 Hardtop A4 | Y2K wheels | SLP Lid | Magnaflow catback |cutout | Hotchkis LCA'S/PHB | BMR TA and D/S Loop| Tuned by Frost....300rwhp/308rwtq

97 Cobra- bolt ons | full exhaust| 4.30's| suspension | SCT tune- sold!

2011 Prius

Quote Originally Posted by Larry View Post
    OP said a new one list for $17500. How is $15K a deal on a used one with over 5K miles?
    Bring in and show them that deal, they will lower. I am sure there is better deals around if one was to look. I pick the two cheapest I found in 5 mins... IDK about, I have never paid asking price. Maybe not the one at Car Max, since they are a bunch of crooks. But that other one, may verry well get it out the door for $13k. That's a better deal then a 9k lease.

black
    1998 Camaro Z/28

Quote Originally Posted by 1MileCrash View Post
    My service manager the other day mentioned that. Thankfully I now work for an Acura dealer after leaving a Subaru/Kia/Nissan dealer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information