Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kennedy's crash

Blue

Kennedy's crash

Well I see in the news Rep Patrick kennedy crashed in Dc last night,says he wasnt drinking even tho the police officer said he appeared intoxicated,funny he crahes at the time the bars close down there,says he was on prescription drugs,I think we all know this is pure BS. Instead of sobriety tests they give him a free ride home,if it was 1 of us they would have taking us to the hospital for a blood test,just goes to show how honest how stupid government is and unfair that they are. Had to vent

Love buying generic GM's Nastyfoot's Avatar

Black, Black
    2011 "Generic" Gasser

Quote Originally Posted by tornado
    Well I see in the news Rep Patrick kennedy crashed in Dc last night,says he wasnt drinking even tho the police officer said he appeared intoxicated,funny he crahes at the time the bars close down there,says he was on prescription drugs,I think we all know this is pure BS. Instead of sobriety tests they give him a free ride home,if it was 1 of us they would have taking us to the hospital for a blood test,just goes to show how honest how stupid government is and unfair that they are. Had to vent
    Yeah, he's the resident twit from my state. People vote for the name and that's it.

A couple of years back he had an altercation with a screener at LAX. A year before that he supposedly twiddled some chick on a boat off the coast up here.......and got away with it. Money talks. We call him Beaver Cleaver up here.

This pales in compariso to Ted Kennedy's driving off the Chappaquiddick bridge, his passenger Mary Jo Kopechne drowns, and no charges filed!

Impulse Blue Matallic
    2005 GTO

What I am having a hard time accepting is the police on the scene. It is reported that the officers that pulled over Kennedy were "relieved" by some sergeants who then let him walk.

I am a police sergeant. I have never in my life of police work relieved, or have been relieved, by a field sergeant. That is not our jobs. Our jobs are to make sure that everything at the scene of any incident is to make sure that all policies and procedures are followed, and to answer any questions that may come up.

There is something very dishonest going on here...

Arctic White
    2000 TransAm

Yea, if that was one of us, we'd be going thru what madseason is going thru

Blue

whats madseason goin threw??

YOW Pookie's gone postal! Motrv8d Steve's Avatar

Black
    1998 Camaro Z28

BREAKING NEWS

http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/05/...ent/index.html

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- U.S. Rep. Patrick Kennedy said Friday that he will enter a drug rehabilitation program after crashing his car on Capitol Hill a day earlier.

"I know that I need help," he said at an afternoon press conference, detailing what he called a long-term struggle with addiction. "I struggle every day with this disease, as do millions of Americans," he said.

He said he had been in the Mayo Clinic during the congressional recess at Christmas and returned "reinvigorated and healthy." Kennedy, 39, said that he had no recollection of the events surrounding the crash into a barricade on Capitol Hill early Thursday. Police labor union officials said earlier that officers were told not to give the Rhode Island Democrat a sobriety test after his traffic mishap.

Superiors told the officers instead to drive Kennedy home after the accident early Thursday, according to Greg Baird, acting chairman of the U.S. Capitol Police union, who called for an inquiry. The Capitol Police said Friday that it's investigating the accident, the procedures followed and whether the evidence would support traffic charges.

Kennedy, son of Sen. Ted Kennedy, said Thursday he was apparently disoriented by prescription medication when he crashed his car. The lawmaker said police drove him home afterward but that he did not "ask for any special consideration." Asked if he thought he got preferential treatment, Kennedy said, "That's up for the police to decide, and I'm going to cooperate fully with them." Police reported seeing Kennedy's car swerve before the crash.

The police report, seen by CNN, includes an observation that Kennedy appeared to have been drinking and his ability was impaired.

"At no time before the incident did I consume any alcohol," Kennedy said in a statement Thursday. The report shows Kennedy was cited for three infractions -- failure to keep a proper lane, unreasonable speed and failure to give full time and attention to the operation of a vehicle. According to the report, Sgt. Kenneth Weaver said he saw Kennedy's vehicle "traveling at a high rate of speed in a construction zone and also swerving into the wrong lane of travel" with its lights off.

Weaver said Kennedy's vehicle hit a curb and swerved back into the wrong lane. He said he was driving east and used "evasive maneuvers in order to avoid a collision" with Kennedy's car. The officer said he turned around and pursued Kennedy, whose car did not stop but did slow, "finally stopping after colliding head-on with a vehicle barrier."

The report said that when Weaver approached Kennedy he noticed that his "eyes were red and watery, speech was slightly slurred, and upon exiting his vehicle, his balance was unsure."

Officers at the scene said he appeared intoxicated, law enforcement and congressional officials said. Baird said when two sergeants arrived at the accident scene after the initial two officers, they conferred with the watch lieutenant on duty.

Afterward, the sergeants told the other officers to drive Kennedy home. His car had been damaged, police said. "I think he was extended a courtesy by virtue of his position," union President Lou Cannon told CNN. Cannon was not at the scene of the crash. Capitol Police declined CNN's request for an interview Friday.

In a statement issued late Thursday after the initial media reports of the mishap, Kennedy said that he had returned home after final votes in the House of Representatives around midnight Wednesday and taken "the prescribed amount" of sleep aid Ambien and an anti-nausea drug.

The lawmaker identified that drug as Phenergan, "which in addition to treating gastroenteritis, I now know can cause drowsiness and sedation." "Sometime around 2:45 a.m., I drove the few blocks to the Capitol complex believing I needed to vote," he said. "Apparently, I was disoriented from the medication."

2001 Pewter SS

AA Meeting

*Hi I'm Pat and politics made me an alcoholic*

Bush-Howdy Partner .. you mean addicted to oil?
    Rove-It's the democrats fault.
    Cheney-who are you?
    Condominium Rice-I believe you are BinLaden?
    Lahey-Hey lets be jail cellmates
    Rumsfeld-LIAR !!!!!!!
    Hillary-are you ready to surrender to God?

Illegal alien-chu'ga'ta'beeee'kenneeeed'y'n meeeeee mahn ..

Got Bacardi?
    Last edited by Aerialist; 05-05-2006 at 12:26 PM.

Blue

Needs to enter rehab,hmmm. hey its still dui,treat it like one assholes

Yeah, That's right CaptainCaveMan's Avatar
    Mexican killed my car

Quote Originally Posted by fastform
    This pales in compariso to Ted Kennedy's driving off the Chappaquiddick bridge, his passenger Mary Jo Kopechne drowns, and no charges filed!
    It also ranks right up there with when the time laura bush killed her ex-boyfriend when she ran a stop sign and no charges were filed.

YOW Pookie's gone postal! Motrv8d Steve's Avatar

Black
    1998 Camaro Z28

wow, I'd never heard of that but I looked it up and it's true.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/bush/laura.asp

ya gotta wonder why she wasn't cited for running a stop sign (and killing someone).

Blue

Just goes to show how F'ed up out government is

Door-To-Door Pipelayer DJ Red Barron's Avatar

86 Buick GNx - Black
    08 Jeep GC SRT8 - SBM

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCaveMan
    It also ranks right up there with when the time laura bush killed her ex-boyfriend when she ran a stop sign and no charges were filed.
    What tha fuck??? I had never heard about that before today.

Mexican killed my car

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Red Barron
    What tha fuck??? I had never heard about that before today.
    Yeah, it's funny how the liberal media will bring up kennedy's but not bush's.

Red
    2000 SS

Yeah, it's funny how the liberal media will bring up kennedy's but not bush's.
    Oh, like the Bush twins?

Mexican killed my car

Quote Originally Posted by TommySS
    Oh, like the Bush twins?
    It's hard not to bring that up when they get arrested. At least one of them did if i remember correctly. I still hear alot more about drunk kennedy's than drunk bush daughters and you can also tell by the reactions in this thread about the blackout on laura bush.

Silver
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

It's hard not to bring that up when they get arrested. At least one of them did if i remember correctly. I still hear alot more about drunk kennedy's than drunk bush daughters and you can also tell by the reactions in this thread about the blackout on laura bush.

Let's see....a 17 year old going 50mph in a 55mph zone and misses a stop sign and runs into another person killing them......versus a 37 year old Senator that drives off the road drunk and waits to the next day to report he killed someone......yea...you're right.....it was a total blackout of Laura Bush.....the media should of known back in 1963 that she was going to be the first lady and covered it all up at the time......

2001 Pewter SS

Check out the rest of the mysterious Bush Deaths.

http://www.georgewalkerbush.net/bushdeathlist.htm

Mexican killed my car

Quote Originally Posted by cailey37
    Let's see....a 17 year old going 50mph in a 55mph zone and misses a stop sign and runs into another person killing them......versus a 37 year old Senator that drives off the road drunk and waits to the next day to report he killed someone
    Let's see,

1. She said she was going 50. If i was a teenager that just did something stupid and killed someone i would say i was going 5 under too. It's bad enough you did two illegal things (ran stop sign, manslaughter) might not want to admit to something else.

2. Was the senator drunk? He didn't talk to cops that night. Who knows? He probably was, i'd say that, but there is/was no proof. Much like there is no proof if cheney was drunk or not after he shot his friend. I mean, he stayed there and hit up the bar while his friend was going to the hospital, was it because he wanted to have an excuse for BAC if the cops came by? Pretty smart move if it was. He already had one DUI, wouldn't want people to think instead of driving drunk he is know hunting drunk. I do think it's kind of funny that this is the first president/vice president combo that each have their own DUI's to sit and chat about.

Silver
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Let's see,

1. She said she was going 50. If i was a teenager that just did something stupid and killed someone i would say i was going 5 under too. It's bad enough you did two illegal things (ran stop sign, manslaughter) might not want to admit to something else.

2. Was the senator drunk? He didn't talk to cops that night. Who knows? He probably was, i'd say that, but there is/was no proof. Much like there is no proof if cheney was drunk or not after he shot his friend. I mean, he stayed there and hit up the bar while his friend was going to the hospital, was it because he wanted to have an excuse for BAC if the cops came by? Pretty smart move if it was. He already had one DUI, wouldn't want people to think instead of driving drunk he is know hunting drunk. I do think it's kind of funny that this is the first president/vice president combo that each have their own DUI's to sit and chat about.
    Like always...you've got it all figured out.....NOT

The police investigator on the scene did the estimate on the speed...not witness testimony....to even suggest that there was a coverup is totally absurb....and again shows your intellectual ineptitude. I guess when you really dont know what you're talking about it's easier to claim cover up and conspiracy....

So to deflect the issue with Kennedy you'd like to bring up Cheney and the possiblity of him drinking during a hunting accident?? I didn't even know that alcohol was an issue there.....dont you think that it would of "slipped" out into the media if it were.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information