Black
    99 Z28

Karma - what a joke....

Well, we'll try this again... I wrote all this out once, it's never as good the second time around.

I've been a pretty decent guy my whole life I think. I'm sure that 99% of the people who have met me and know me will tell you that I'm one of the nicest guys they know.

When I'm up, I try to share the wealth. I try to help people all that I can with out even being asked. In years past when things were going well, I've done things like:
    * Paid car payments someone else
    * Paid rent for other people
    * Paid for several expensive car repair bills
    * Bought food for people (families) to make sure that they would be able to eat.
    * Paid bills (phone, electric, etc) for other people.

Since I've always worked the graveyard shift, if it snows during the night, I always brush off all the neighbor's cars. Not just the ones I like, not just the couple of attractive chicks, but ALL of them. The guys, the crazy screaming lady, the punk kids on the floor above, ALL of them. I'm usually done and in the house by the time they come out, some of them know it's me, they say thanks, most don't even know who does it - or at least I don't care to make it known that it's me. I don't care. It's just a nice thing to do, hopefully it'll start their day out better since I know seeing the snow and having to drive in it kinda sucks. If they say thanks, they say thanks, if not, no big deal. I do the same for my wife's co-workers when it snows.

My wife and I made a HUGE turkey dinner for some of our neighbors because we knew that they had nothing to eat. They were having a hard time. I do things like that all the time.

I don't do things like that to "get back" or to make people feel like they owe me one. MOST of the things I do, I do as anonymously as possible. I don't like the whole make a scene and all that stuff.

I've always done all I can to make sure I'm not cheating someone or doing something to put someone else down. I'm sure at some point in my life, I've probably said or done some things I shouldn't have, but certainly not intentionally, not sober and definitely definitely definitely not often.

So anyway, I was out of work for a couple of months. I left a job that was just really dragging me down. It used to be an okay place, but every day I went in, it was a little worse and a little worse. Anyway, after I left there, I put my faith into an aquaintance (considered him a friend until this event) that said he would have a REALLY good paying job for me. He said to just relax and not to worry about it, he'd take care of it. He said it'd take a couple of weeks, but it was a "FOR SURE" thing. After a whole month, I finally gave up on that idea and went out to find something myself. HOLY CRAP!!! What's with the job market here? Have the Mexicans really taken ALL of the jobs around here? It took another month to find the job I'm at yet and that's basically labor with labor wages. It's a little better than that, but certainly not great pay and not the coolest job. It's temporary at that - another blog on that set or crap some other time.

Anyway... where was I? Oh yeah, so all the things that I've done is not that I'm "giving to get". I do the things I do because that's the way that I would like for people to treat me and each other. If we all worried about each other a little more and ourselves a little less, it may end up being a better place after all.

Sharing a car is a whole other rant, but the sort version is for Heaven's sake, would it kill people to give someone else a ride sometimes - especially when they take a ride home REGULARLY?!?!?

So for a long time, my wife and I have been sharing a car. Two car payments does not equal having two cars that runs. One of our cars has not been running for quite some time. I just got it back (for the 3rd time now I think) a couple of days ago. I put it in the shop a few years ago - LOOOOONG story. $6 grand later, I have a car that's been violated, scratched, broke into, things don't fit together right any more. It doesn't pass emmissions testing and doesn't really run all that great to begin with. I've tried to talk to him a bit to express my dis-satisfaction about everything, but get the basic "so" attitude from him. People tell me I could get a lawyer, but I really don't think I could get enough out of it to make it worth the while of dealing with that stuff. At the end of the day, it probably wouldn't work out to my advantage since it was in his shop for almost 4 years and I wasn't charged a shop storage fee or anything. It's a long long story.

So anyway, being out of work for a few months is hell on your finances. I'm behind on everything, I've never received so many calls as I do lately. If you ever feel like no one cares if you're alive or not, just miss a mortgage or a car payment or two.... you'll become quite popular and receive many phone calls several times a day then.

So where am I going with all this? If Karma is a real thing, then what the hell did I do to deserve to find myself in the pile of crap I seem to have found myself into? What seriously did I do to anyone to deserve that, and when do I start getting something back on the other Karma points for the decent things I've done through out the years?

I guess I'm just whining and ranting, but guess what... I've listened to everyone else for years and years, it's MY TURN!

I do have some things going for me. I have a wonderful wife. I have a great dog. I've got a roof over my head (for now). I've got a job and I've got a car (for now) to share to help me to get to that temporary job.

When does it get better?!?! When does the crap end? If this is really how life is supposed to be, then I don't see the point in really just going on to have to deal with more of it.

Thanks for reading my rant...

Paid 2 Post Daycrew SexOnWheels's Avatar

Blood Red
    Z28

You got to just hang tough as I am sure that things will turn around for you and your family.

It really is true that "nice guys finish last"!

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

just do what i do... seek revenge... revenge can be had in many ways... plus it's fun to think of ways to get back at people... and once you think you have the perfect plan... try to think of a few more ideas to add on to it... revenge, the other white meat...

Black, Blue
    07 TBSS, 07 GSXR1000

hang in there man and keep your head up. Things will turn around for you and work out.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

cliff's notes anyone?

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

Ok, i read your story=and it comes down to this. You're a good person, who helps others. Fucking awesome of you man-and i agree, i wish the whole world was that nice to eachother. But here's the fact. You're letting yourself get walked on.

I think you need to be more assertive. I think you need to release the feeling of wanting to help people and focus more on helping yourself. That doesn't mean, be a dick. I'm saying you're humanities are only helping others.

I don't know much abotu you, your education, or your job field. But i do know that it takes a lot of effort on your own part to do what you want. You say you are "eh" about the current job. So look for another one. You say your friend let you down; don't invite him to dinner so often then. Your mechanic screwed you over. That's some shitty luck there, man, 6k and the car is in worse condition than it was originally...you'll just have to roll with the punches on that. I'm actually pissed off over that one...what a fucking asshole.

i'm a karma guy myself-hence my intrest in this thead. I'm glad you helped others, i want you to have a good life-but you can't just sit back and say "where's my return" no it's time to use that karma to help land you the next job. I'll offer my help- let me see your resume.

If you take anything from this, be more assertive and help yourself first.

Black
    99 Z28

Thanks man, I appreciate it. I generally don't let people "walk on me". If I feel like I'm being taken advantage of in a way that I don't like, I let people know about it.

I'm not really sitting and waiting for something good to happen to me.

Anyway, I just applied for another job. This is kinda right up what I'm looking for and pretty good pay to.

Wish me luck on it.

dipherentdesign, what's your address that you want me to send it to?

You are certainly going through a rough patch but remember, you still have the satisfaction of knowing that you've always tried to do what is right.

silver
    2002 TA WS6 A4-Vert

I totally believe in Karma, sometimes it takes awhile for them to kick in, maybe the Karma gods are saving them up for you for something really major! Its when something huge happens and turns out right, you'll understand.
    I would personally like to thank you for being one of the good guys, I'm sure this world wouldn't be such a pile of crap if there were more of you around.
    Peace and keep the faith!!

I frankly don't believe in Karma or any thing of the type. If you do good things to other people then you have a fairly good chance that one day someone will repay that and help you out. However that isn't karma. You could do good deeds all your life and die at the age of 40 with a rare disease that no one has died from in over 300 years. Religious people sometimes look at God like others look at Karma. Do good and good things happen. That doesn't work either.

It rains on the just and the unjust.

A child molesting pervert may win the lottery. While some sweet little old lady who constantly helps those in need gets robbed. Bottom line is that if you do nice things then your payback is being happy that you've done good.

1 of 396 T/A Conv 2001 Wayah-bird's Avatar

Taupe/Red
    2001 Trans Am Conv

Quote Originally Posted by NICKLE57
    I frankly don't believe in Karma or any thing of the type. If you do good things to other people then you have a fairly good chance that one day someone will repay that and help you out. However that isn't karma. You could do good deeds all your life and die at the age of 40 with a rare disease that no one has died from in over 300 years. Religious people sometimes look at God like others look at Karma. Do good and good things happen. That doesn't work either.

It rains on the just and the unjust.

A child molesting pervert may win the lottery. While some sweet little old lady who constantly helps those in need gets robbed. Bottom line is that if you do nice things then your payback is being happy that you've done good.
    Right on the money! There is no 'equality' in life or we wouldn't see the atrocities we see all over the world. It is a reward for yourself to do nice things but never expect a thing in return.

Arctic White
    2000 TransAm

Hey Doc, I know how you feel, we're just emerging from a "low point". I think that from time to time God re-forges you, makes you even better. I find myself praying almost daily, I find myself paying more attention to my boys and wife. Keep your head up, be confident in the things that always work for you, you'll be alright, I'm sure of it. Need some help ? PM me, I'm just down the road.

YOW Pookie's gone postal! Motrv8d Steve's Avatar

Black
    1998 Camaro Z28

When you
    change the way
    you look at things,
    the things
    you look at
    change.
    -- Dr. Wayne Dyer

Cheer up man, we've all had our ups and downs and you're just going thru a down cycle right now. When you start to believe you are prosperous, it's amazing how it snowballs into better and better things. Remember, the man who thinks he can't and the man who thinks he can, they're both right.

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

Drmilhouse:

i just want to say you are a very good person, and i greatly admire all you have done, and it'd be great if everyone could meet a friend like you in their life time

karma is a very interesting thing, i believe that it is just a mindset, it keeps you in a very positive mindset, so it seems you are loosing faith now, but just hang in there and count your blessings, and things WILL straightne out, keep doing good things for people, and you will be rewarded,

everything happens for a reason, i'm a believer in that

this is a little test that God has given you, keep up all the good things you have been doing and you will be rewarded 10fold, trust

good luck man, my thoughts are with you

~Jeff

Thread Information