Resident Mississippian BdAsBrd01's Avatar

Pewter
    2001 Trans Am

Question Is this just a Memphis/North MS thing??

Just venting a little steam here:

I have had this same crap happen like ten times this month already and I was just curious to know if anyone else has this happen or do all these assholes just live around here?

I was driving down one of the main roads here in Southaven, Goodman Rd, and this asshole in a 1990's Astro gets right on my ass, whips over in the right lane beside me and then floors it to like 60 in a 45 (knuckles white on the steering wheel) and jumps in front of me. I mean, seriously, what can this asshole be thinking? That must be one damned fast Astro, if it can pass a Trans Am in a 45!!

The cops around here will hand you your ass if they catch you speeding on this road so I TRY to ignore idiots like this. Ten minutes later here comes a G in a damned 80's Volvo and stays at my passenger door reving, finally he guns it. Same crap, speed by the Trans Am in a 30. Bitchin'!!
    Does it suddenly make your beater faster if you gun it by a hot car? I'm not wasting gas to try to catch up with these fools and honestly it would insult my car's dignity if it thought I was seriously racing a damned mini van.
    Another annoying thing is when your on the highway and apparently some idiot is "racing" you exept you don't know it. As long as they're willing to go to any speed to make sure they stay in front, kinda like a ricer flyby.
    I usually ignore that shit but I was just wondering if anyone else has this happen or if its just this area.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

happens everywhere-today I was the asshole because everyone had to slow down to see the car broken down on the side of the road.

Pewter
    2001 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by c5z28 View Post
    happens everywhere-today I was the asshole because everyone had to slow down to see the car broken down on the side of the road.
    Damn that sucks! Been there before, good luck.

Custom Swirly Black
    2001 WS6 M6

Happens everywhere and everytime I take it out. I'm just north of Detroit and I consistantly get taunted (both verbally and mechanically) by these srt-4's, colbalt ss's, and mustang gt's. Everynow and then I get the some random in a truck or suv who wants to know how fast my car is. I stopped wasting the rubber and gas on these morons years ago. I blame the fast and the furious movies, putting false hope in kids confused little minds.

It hit a point where they were in my rear view by 2nd gear (and I only have a few bolt-ons).

I only bother with cars that I know can beat me. I like racing the driver, not the car, an idiot can push there foot to the floor.

It's amazing how many people don't know there own cars.

Theres no replacement for displacment!

Bright Red
    1999 Trans Am Ws6

Yeah I used to take on all commers but now I only take the ones that are fast. I had a mustang gt see me, was a ways behind me, comes flying passed at 100mph. I mean, not even a drag race invite, he was like 200 yrds back and just decided he was going to go nuts.

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Yup. This thread sums it up very well. Happens EVERYWHERE. A few weeks ago I was in Rockland County NY going to a car show and meet up with friends. Some punk@$$ wigger in a V6 stang tried to ram my passenger side and forced me into the oncoming lane. So I dropped to third and passed him while I was in the oncoming lane and got back into the correct lane in front of him. Get to a red light and two girls in mommy and daddy's BMW convertible try to race. Light turned green and I peaced out on both of them assuming they and the moron in the stang knew each other. Got to my exit and the tools in the BMW and the stang gave me hard@$$ wannabe staredowns and I yelled out the window, "HAVE FUN WITH MOMMY AND DADDY'S MONEY CUZ YA BOTH LOST!"

sold: 1999 firebird
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by cammed goat View Post
    Yup. This thread sums it up very well. Happens EVERYWHERE. A few weeks ago I was in Rockland County NY going to a car show and meet up with friends. Some punk@$$ wigger in a V6 stang tried to ram my passenger side and forced me into the oncoming lane. So I dropped to third and passed him while I was in the oncoming lane and got back into the correct lane in front of him. Get to a red light and two girls in mommy and daddy's BMW convertible try to race. Light turned green and I peaced out on both of them assuming they and the moron in the stang knew each other. Got to my exit and the tools in the BMW and the stang gave me hard@$$ wannabe staredowns and I yelled out the window, "HAVE FUN WITH MOMMY AND DADDY'S MONEY CUZ YA BOTH LOST!"
    ls1 hero^

people in dallas like on 635 are really bad about it, my first kill took place with a similar scenario and an ss coby

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

People go out on the roads and they wanna see what almost EVERY car can do out there. They go into what I call "DUMMKOPF" mode and go completely braindead.

Steel blue pearlcoat
    2000 dodge intrepid

it is worse in NJ and NY everyone drives like assholes. either they drive 10mph under or 20 mph + over. and signal lights are optional. almost cleaned a couple out by them doing that. My favorite though was the chick that decided to ride my ass she was so close i could see her nipples in my rearview. well of course she was doing her make up so while she was doing her lip stick i did a brake check. I sure as hell hoped that her lipstick was that all day wont come off crap. It was all up her cheek. she immediatly backed off and put the make up away.

Pewter
    2001 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by cuervo25_1 View Post
    it is worse in NJ and NY everyone drives like assholes. either they drive 10mph under or 20 mph + over. and signal lights are optional. almost cleaned a couple out by them doing that. My favorite though was the chick that decided to ride my ass she was so close i could see her nipples in my rearview. well of course she was doing her make up so while she was doing her lip stick i did a brake check. I sure as hell hoped that her lipstick was that all day wont come off crap. It was all up her cheek. she immediatly backed off and put the make up away.
    HaHa! That's great!! Love those brake checks! I've had to do that myself a few times. Reminds me of when a fat redhead bitch was totally riding my ass in a Neon and the brake checks weren't getting the point across so I had to pull one of my dad's tricks and just let the passenger tires wander into the gravel on the side of the road. The spray of sand and rocks sure as hell did the trick. I could see her face was totally red and she was really yelling cussing and shaking her fist.
    Made my damned day. Lesson learned.

2002 Firebird Formula

Some people know their vehicles are sucky or slow, but they still want to race you to play around and see what your car can do for the fun of it.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Quote Originally Posted by Stinger View Post
    Some people know their vehicles are sucky or slow, but they still want to race you to play around and see what your car can do for the fun of it.
    Flew by a honda and he caught up to me stayed a car back-I thought he was getting my icense plate down but he wanted to play

Pewter
    2001 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by cammed goat View Post
    People go out on the roads and they wanna see what almost EVERY car can do out there. They go into what I call "DUMMKOPF" mode and go completely braindead.

Thread Information