Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

goldish
    1973 ventura

just got my first ticket today $550

im 18 and have beeen driving for two years ive been pulled over about 7-8 times and never gotten a ticket. I just got my 73 ventura out of the garage yesterday, I put 3.73 gearing in it so it hasnt been insured for a couple months. Anyway I was going to get tires on my car because the gears i had in my car before did enough damge to them.so im following this truck because my speedo doesnt work and the cop just so happens to clock me. 38mph in a 25 and no insurance makes it about $550 and i cant drive my car (no insurance) and im parked in a no parking tow away zone. I think this sucks pretty bad. but oh well its only money j/k. what are some of your tickets?

down with the lot lizards blackhawk01's Avatar

Red
    2001 Camaro SS A4

i think you should take it to court (i know im going to get bashed for this)...give the judge the reciept for the gears and explain why you were doing such a speed (because your speedo is off) and that you were using the truck as a reference of speed to get home and that you were "in the flow of traffic".

Black
    1999 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by blackhawk01 View Post
    i think you should take it to court (i know im going to get bashed for this)...give the judge the reciept for the gears and explain why you were doing such a speed (because your speedo is off) and that you were using the truck as a reference of speed to get home and that you were "in the flow of traffic".
    smart thinking

Blue
    2001 Pontiac Trans Am M6

give it a try

Pewter
    '99 Trans Am

im trying real hard not to get a ticket in the T/A...insurance is high enough as is. as for in the past in DD's...thats a different story. ask me at the cruise onthe 28th in MO/IL.
    Last edited by transAMchubby; 10-12-2007 at 06:47 AM. Reason: do police read the forum?

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

definately take it to court. do you have insurance on your other vehicles? Essentially, you could tell them "i know I don't have insurance on the car, but it's not a daily driver, it's been in disrepair for sometime and I'm slowly getting it up to par so it can be street legal, then I'll get insurance on it"

really it depends on the judge, he might drop everything but the insurance fine...who knows.

Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

i got some point for doing stupid shit, like kicking it sideways out of a parking lot. Peeling out at a red light, and chirping my tires in 3rd while going down central ave.

HERE WE GO STEELERS!!! michaelinchains's Avatar

black
    `99 GTP/`98 formy(sold)

when i had my `88 GTA notchback i got 2 reckless driving charges in less than 24 hours in 2 different states

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

I would deffently take that to court. Thats some bullshit

I went to Playboy Mansion FantaZGuy28's Avatar

YJ
    04 GTO M6

Instead of trying to BS the judge, just own up to not having insurance on the car and learn from mistakes as well as speeding on 25mph streets.

goldish
    1973 ventura

i talked to my insurance company and since i have another car insured with them and just took my car off not to long ago they will cover it, so now i just have to try the gear thing with the judge, and I will bring the old ring gear as evidence lol

Quote Originally Posted by Rhinohuey View Post
    smart thinking
    Byaaah'ing the judge at a speeding ticket hearing MUST be a Level 8 Byahh at least...

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ATCharming's Avatar

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    Byaaah'ing the judge at a speeding ticket hearing MUST be a Level 8 Byahh at least...
    8 or 9 at LEAST! hahahahaha..

yea definitely take this to court. take traffic school, get it off ur record... idk how it iswhere ur at, but here in ILL, i got one speeding ticket, didnt take it to court, paid the $100 cash to the cop, went to traffic school, and my insurance company never saw it. no points or anything.

then i got pulled over in one night (ppl are gonna call bs on this story, but i got the tickets to prove it) for rippin up a high school parking lot. i evaded police, had an obstructed liscense plate, and was driving recklessly. cop gave me a written warning for obstructed liscense plate, a city-ordinance-violation ticket (COV, no points on my record) for $25 for "careless driving" and made a joke about me trying to run from him and thats it lol... ive also gotten pulled over for not having a muffler, just got a verbal warning... i have had some good luck with cops so far haha

Negro
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

Man could i go on in this subject... Ill jsut stick to actual tickets and written warnings
    Lane Driving x2 warnings
    Exabition Driving--snowpack at a stopsign ... arshole
    Speeding x5 78 in 65, 63 in a 55, 98 in a 65 32 in a 30 warning and 34 in a 30 warning
    No front licence plate x2 warnings
    Expired Registration ticket
    No mufler warning
    Accelerating too quickly--left a carwash with wet tires and didnt even break them lose- warning
    Side Marker lamp out warning
    Not turning my headlights on quick enough - warning

This is all that comes to me at the moment, im sure ill think of some othere ones

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by suede View Post
    Man could i go on in this subject... Ill jsut stick to actual tickets and written warnings
    Lane Driving x2 warnings
    Exabition Driving--snowpack at a stopsign ... arshole
    Speeding x5 78 in 65, 63 in a 55, 98 in a 65 32 in a 30 warning and 34 in a 30 warning
    No front licence plate x2 warnings
    Expired Registration ticket
    No mufler warning
    Accelerating too quickly--left a carwash with wet tires and didnt even break them lose- warning
    Side Marker lamp out warning
    Not turning my headlights on quick enough - warning

This is all that comes to me at the moment, im sure ill think of some othere ones
    holy shit lol

Negro
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

Yea those are just the ones i have actually gotten a written warning for ive got them in a book thing now its getting huge, but there are a ton more jsut verbals... This is the problem of having the fastest car in a town of 4000. theres 6 cops on duty at all times its retarded. Small towns suck

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

Yea those are just the ones i have actually gotten a written warning for ive got them in a book thing now its getting huge, but there are a ton more jsut verbals... This is the problem of having the fastest car in a town of 4000. theres 6 cops on duty at all times its retarded. Small towns suck
    7k in my town. fastest cars are a 290hp foxbody, and a 300hp supra lmao. when i get my ls1 ill rape them.

Negro
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

Yea the cops here have nothing better to do but follow me around. That and the same cop that seems to hate me the most and wrote about 4 of those fines let a buddy of mine who drives an 03 GT off of a speeding ticket of 45 in a 20 through a dam construction site

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

Yea the cops here have nothing better to do but follow me around. That and the same cop that seems to hate me the most and wrote about 4 of those fines let a buddy of mine who drives an 03 GT off of a speeding ticket of 45 in a 20 through a dam construction site
    must be a ford fan

Negro
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

That or something about back in the day he was hitting on my mom at some dance and dad knocked him out cold..... Ud think one would kinda forget and forgive after 20 years

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information