Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sebring Silver
    98 Z-28 camaro

Just got back from Charleston, SC - Wow

I spent the weekend down there getting away from all the headaches I've endured the past few weeks. That was a very interesting place to visit, with all the history it has from before the Revolutionary war to now. I went on a Ghost tour Saturday night, that was interesting, visited Ft. Sumter and the USS Yorktown at Victory Point, spent some time on King Street downtown looking at the old buildings and such. Had a great time even though I was by myself, I've been needing a break like that for a while. Even ran into a SRT-8 300 C on the way back to Knoxville, that was an interesting race. I'll post some pics tomorrow as my film is getting put on a cd at Wally World.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Yup...I have a large customer there and go there a few times a year....damn pretty wonmen everywhere and one of the cleanest cities I have ever seen.

Sebring Silver
    98 Z-28 camaro

There is lots to see that's for sure, I'm sort of a history buff myself so seeing all those old buildings, churches, cemetaries, war monuments was a really interesting experience.

very beautiful place but those damn one way streets get me everytime

tater_salad
    I'm a history major in college and Charleston tops my list of places to go. Did you go see the CSS HL Hunley? That's what originally got me involved in the War Between The States. I'm a Civil War Re enactor, also. Charleston is like a "must-see" for American history buffs.

Sarge, you just can't beat those Southern women, can you?

Sebring Silver
    98 Z-28 camaro

Quote Originally Posted by tater_salad View Post
    I'm a history major in college and Charleston tops my list of places to go. Did you go see the CSS HL Hunley? That's what originally got me involved in the War Between The States. I'm a Civil War Re enactor, also. Charleston is like a "must-see" for American history buffs.

Sarge, you just can't beat those Southern women, can you?
    Yes I did actually it's at Ft. Sumter, the confederate submarine from the civil war. It's amazing how they made things back then. I saw the Milton hotel where General Robert E. Lee walked across the second story balcony viewing the siege of Charleston during the civil war as well. Went down bloody alley where the locals had their duals, over 300 people killed on record in that alley way alone. Saw the Daughters of the Confederacy building in Downtown. I'm definately going back again next year.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

wow...i wanna go! glad you had a good trip. did you fly solo or w/ a friend?

Sebring Silver
    98 Z-28 camaro

Actually I drove down in the camaro, it was only a six hour drive from Knoxville. I went by myself to get away from the stress of this divorce and everything else that is going on. I would recommend Charleston for anyone to visit, there is lots to do, lots to see and the people are very nice. Watch out for the black LS1 camaro cop cars though, they even have Hemi chargers down there. I had one pull up next to me in a black Z-28, he looked over and grinned so I waved back. Guess he wanted to give me a ticket for something.

Hugger Orange/W stripes
    1999 Z28 M6

Just make sure you go down the right "MEETING" Street. Whole lotta difference between the two!!!

I recommend you take a carriage ride. It's a little pricey, but it's very educational. You will see how kitchens were separated form the rest of the house, the "hurricane" bolts, and get a lot of lesser-known history. Ironically, my last carriage driver was form NYC and had relocated to Charleston after visiting it thirty or so years earlier!!!

It was sort of funny listening to a guy with a NY accent talking about down home Southern history.

You were right beside the aquarium when you took the ferry to Ft. Sumter. It's one of the better aquariums I've seen. We go there about one a year.

383 w/Meth & ProCharger
    2001 Camaro Z28

Sounds like a really neat place to visit. One of these days I need to pack up the family in the minivan and go out there. Also want to see Richmond and area too.

Sebring Silver
    98 Z-28 camaro

Quote Originally Posted by jad628 View Post
    Just make sure you go down the right "MEETING" Street. Whole lotta difference between the two!!!

I recommend you take a carriage ride. It's a little pricey, but it's very educational. You will see how kitchens were separated form the rest of the house, the "hurricane" bolts, and get a lot of lesser-known history. Ironically, my last carriage driver was form NYC and had relocated to Charleston after visiting it thirty or so years earlier!!!

It was sort of funny listening to a guy with a NY accent talking about down home Southern history.

You were right beside the aquarium when you took the ferry to Ft. Sumter. It's one of the better aquariums I've seen. We go there about one a year.
    I noticed that about Meeting Street, I took the first exit off of I-26 and ended up in a craphole area. Down a little farther was where everything was though, I walked down Broad and King street looking at the old buildings and stuff. Ate lunch at the Stickey Fingers there too. Have you been to the Isle of Palms yet? That's where I went to the beach at, nice scenery and nice women everywhere! Wish my wife or soon to be ex wife was with me, going on a carriage ride would've been nice with her Oh well guess life goes on...

Sebring Silver
    98 Z-28 camaro

Quote Originally Posted by ntimid8r View Post
    Sounds like a really neat place to visit. One of these days I need to pack up the family in the minivan and go out there. Also want to see Richmond and area too.
    I was in Richmond last year on business and got to see Jamestown Virginia. The good thing about Jamestown is it's only about an hour outside of VA beach. You can go on Plantation tours and see the Jamestown colony in the same area, very educational. I enjoyed it as well.. I still haven't been to Washington DC yet on vacation, I've been there once on business but didn't get to see any of the monuments, whitehouse, or anything interesting. Once my kids get bigger I'm going to take them on vacation every year.

383 w/Meth & ProCharger
    2001 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by 98-LS1 View Post
    I was in Richmond last year on business and got to see Jamestown Virginia. The good thing about Jamestown is it's only about an hour outside of VA beach. You can go on Plantation tours and see the Jamestown colony in the same area, very educational. I enjoyed it as well.. I still haven't been to Washington DC yet on vacation, I've been there once on business but didn't get to see any of the monuments, whitehouse, or anything interesting. Once my kids get bigger I'm going to take them on vacation every year.
    There is so much history in that area. I think it's great there are some area's which maintain it. My kids are only 6 & 4 now but I think they would get a kick out of it.

When I think of all these historic places I also want to go to Europe and see all the stuff there too.

Sebring Silver
    98 Z-28 camaro

Sebring Silver
    98 Z-28 camaro

Sebring Silver
    98 Z-28 camaro

I messed up on those past two, here's a few pics....
    Last edited by 98-LS1; 08-26-2006 at 09:04 AM.

Sebring Silver
    98 Z-28 camaro

And a few more...

Sebring Silver
    98 Z-28 camaro

Notice the Shelby GT 500 going down the road in this pic, the other is the USS Yorktown

Hugger Orange/W stripes
    1999 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by 98-LS1 View Post
    I noticed that about Meeting Street, I took the first exit off of I-26 and ended up in a craphole area. Down a little farther was where everything was though, I walked down Broad and King street looking at the old buildings and stuff. Ate lunch at the Stickey Fingers there too. Have you been to the Isle of Palms yet? That's where I went to the beach at, nice scenery and nice women everywhere! Wish my wife or soon to be ex wife was with me, going on a carriage ride would've been nice with her Oh well guess life goes on...

Haven't made it to Isle of Palms, but Rainbow Row and the Battery are still very impressive and seem to take up my time.

I took the "old" Meeting Street by accident once. I was obviously NOT a regular!!!

Sebring Silver
    98 Z-28 camaro

Quote Originally Posted by jad628 View Post
    Haven't made it to Isle of Palms, but Rainbow Row and the Battery are still very impressive and seem to take up my time.

I took the "old" Meeting Street by accident once. I was obviously NOT a regular!!!

So true!! I'm going back next Summer and spend a whole week so I can see and enjoy everything, maybe I'll be divorced by then and get to hook up with some local hotties down there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information