Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Joe Paterno

Pewter
    '00 SS

Joe Paterno

Didnt find a thread on this so I figured I would say something. What do yall think about this whole thing?

I personally think that from a job point of view, he did the necessary things (reporting to his superiors) when he found out. What happens after that is out of his hands. Morally should he have followed up and got to the bottom of it, sure. That does not make him the bad guy though.

Very sad time for college football
    Suspension: Lower control arms (Spohn), Drive shaft safety loop, Torque arm (Edlebrock), Strut tower brace, Panhard Bar (BMR)

Under the Hood: Smooth bellows, Lid, Catch can, LT Headers, ORY, AIR/EGR delete, Poly engine/transmission mounts,

Exterior: Painted brake calipers (Red), Halo “Spyder” Headlights w/matching parking/turn signals (Black)

Ray Charles blue

Why is it sad? He hasnt been an actual coach in years. He cant see, cant walk, and can barely form a coherent sentence.

Its about time. Because of him Penn State is always ranked higher than they should be. Not to rain on a parade of anyone but not really a big loss.

Pewter
    '00 SS

You are entitled to your own opinion. 61 years in a program isnt something to shake off like it was never there. Do you think it was fair of them to fire him though? Put your paterno hating aside for a second to answer that

Black
    99 SS Vert M6

Quote Originally Posted by kenro23 View Post
    What do yall think about this whole thing? Very sad time for college football
    No, it's a very sad thing for PSU. What I wanna know is why the hell the didn't the person who saw the locker room incident call 911 asap? You witness a rape of a child and what do you do? Run over and tell a crusty old senile F? Googley eyes JoePa shouldn't have even been in the loop if you ask me.

Pewter
    '00 SS

I agree with that. He should have been notified of what was going on but not had so much of this "blaim" put on him.

Black
    99 SS Vert M6

You are entitled to your own opinion. 61 years in a program isnt something to shake off like it was never there. Do you think it was fair of them to fire him though? Put your paterno hating aside for a second to answer that
    Given the fact googley eyes was put in the loop...I understand not by his choice...and did nothing but pass the buck is grounds for termination.

Ray Charles blue

I understand that he was a great coach at one time. The thing is times change and he is out-dated. Of those 61 years the last 15 have been a joke. Just because you are somewhere for a long time doesnt mean you are a god. Should they forget what he did? No. But should they have put up with him for the last decade+? No. I was a fan as a kid till I saw how much people just jump on the band wagon because of how long he has been there. It was JUST about how long he was there. He hasnt done anything other than be a figure head since a time when I didnt have hair on my peaches.

Pewter
    '00 SS

And regardless of yalls hatred for paterno, he is an icon to many in college football. Which is why I said its a sad time for college football. Not necessarily an icon tk me but I respect what he has done for so long

Pewter
    '00 SS

Quote Originally Posted by TLS_Addict View Post
    I understand that he was a great coach at one time. The thing is times change and he is out-dated. Of those 61 years the last 15 have been a joke. Just because you are somewhere for a long time doesnt mean you are a god. Should they forget what he did? No. But should they have put up with him for the last decade+? No. I was a fan as a kid till I saw how much people just jump on the band wagon because of how long he has been there. It was JUST about how long he was there. He hasnt done anything other than be a figure head since a time when I didnt have hair on my peaches.
    Good point

Black
    99 SS Vert M6

I'm more incline to think he's a Coach Gilmer (Varsity Blues) type.

Ray Charles blue

Paterno knew of a coach in a shower with a young boy and he didnt report it to the police? He needs his remaining years to be that of in prison. Think if that was your kid in the shower with a grown man and all he did was tell other staff of the college. What would you do? Expect him to be fired or what? Firing is the LEAST he should get.

Pewter
    '00 SS

These dumb asses are rioting cause of this. And the trustees thought that the best thing to do for the university was fire him. Haha. Now look at it. Shoulda let him finish the season and retire

Ray Charles blue

And regardless of yalls hatred for paterno, he is an icon to many in college football. Which is why I said its a sad time for college football. Not necessarily an icon tk me but I respect what he has done for so long
    I dont hate him I just have zero feelings of "love" for him and see him for what he is, not for what people made him out to be.

Black
    99 SS Vert M6

I also think PSU should cancel the rest of their season. I really don't want my team playing in that environment this weekend with all those knuckleheads rioting right now. Probably too late to move the game too.

Pewter
    '00 SS

Quote Originally Posted by TLS_Addict View Post
    Paterno knew of a coach in a shower with a young boy and he didnt report it to the police? He needs his remaining years to be that of in prison. Think if that was your kid in the shower with a grown man and all he did was tell other staff of the college. What would you do? Expect him to be fired or what? Firing is the LEAST he should get.
    He didnt do the abusing. So, honestly as long as told his superiors hes in the clear. I already said that morally he shoulda told someone else and followed up to make sure this didnt happen again and shit was takin care of

Black
    99 SS Vert M6

These dumb asses are rioting cause of this. And the trustees thought that the best thing to do for the university was fire him. Haha. Now look at it. Shoulda let him finish the season and retire
    Well to be honest JoePa tried to head the trustees off by announcing his retirement at seasons end. However, the trustees are pissed...and rightly so...and let it be known that JoePa isn't the Pope he thought he was. PSU may never recover from this.

Black
    99 SS Vert M6

He didnt do the abusing. So, honestly as long as told his superiors hes in the clear. I already said that morally he shoulda told someone else and followed up to make sure this didnt happen again and shit was takin care of
    He passed the buck and forgot about it.

Ray Charles blue

So if your childs teacher caught your son being molested by another student and reported to the principal you would give him a pat on the back because he told his superiors? Sorry, JoePa should be held accountable. That is the problem with our society. Nobody wants to stand up and be a fucking man. He KNEW it wasnt taken care of that is a crime to me for letting it go without alerting the police. To claim he didnt know that nothing was done is retarded because the guy didnt go to jail. I mean come on. He told his superiors and because they didnt do something he is ok with it not going any furthre? His character is shit and this defines him as a person. Its what he will be remembered as because he took the pansy ass way out.

Pewter
    '00 SS

They wont recover. Trustees shoulda saw this coming just by how the public/media sees joepa. Yra he shoulda called it quits 10 years ago but he didnt. If the players think he still worthy of being the coach then he is worthy. Regardless of age and physical abilities

Ray Charles blue

Quote Originally Posted by Huskerz1 View Post
    Well to be honest JoePa tried to head the trustees off by announcing his retirement at seasons end. However, the trustees are pissed...and rightly so...and let it be known that JoePa isn't the Pope he thought he was. PSU may never recover from this.
    Exactly. He was trying to go out on his own terms and make people not think horrible of him. JoePa isnt the Pope anyone thought he was.

Quote Originally Posted by Huskerz1 View Post
    He passed the buck and forgot about it.
    He didnt forget about it, he chose not to mention it again.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information