Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Black
    1999 Z/28 M6

J.J. Abrams must DIE!

i just watched the new star trek movie.

i must kill j.j. abrams.

how did this douche gain control of the franchise and fuck it over so bad. i mean...what the hell man?! seriously! how many other people expressed interest in doing a new movie and they picked this untalented ass clown.

let's take a franchise name and characters that are loved and go completely non-canon in such a way as to alienate the core fanbase in order to do what...get a few new fans of some techno bop bullshit.

and now...they've decided that abrams did such a good job that he gets to do another one. my god...what the hell is happening.

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

I liked it...the whole worm hole/time warp thing gave them some freedom with the characters history. What didn't you like about it?

black black black
    77 swb

Good movie.

Black
    1999 Z/28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn View Post
    I liked it...the whole worm hole/time warp thing gave them some freedom with the characters history. What didn't you like about it?
    that's what i couldn't stand. i mean...he completely reinvented star trek in such a manner that he could use the worm hole time travel thing as a cop out.

i think the real problem that i have is that i love the original movies. the stories...the character development...etc etc. i mean...to me...vulcan is still there and spock's mother is still alive and uhura still fucked kirk not spock.

there was potential to do some kind of a prequel in canon that could have been really good...but i just couldn't stand so much of it.

i just really felt betrayed about all of the characters that i had come to love by this guy that doesn't seem to understand star trek. i mean...this is the guy that produced lost...a series which people who watch it can't figure out what the hell is going on.

This movie was great and it allows them to tell all new stories. It doesn't change any of the previous movies and their history. This is a whole new timeline. That timeline is still intact.

Sounds like jj understands star trek more than you do.
    Last edited by Big D Z; 12-19-2009 at 11:16 PM.

Impounded
    gmcheviac

I liked it. I was more into the action, not a trekkie here.

Black
    1999 Z/28 M6

i can understand that he's making a new timeline...the problem that i have is that he's messing around with an established and loved franchise. i just really can't get into this whole thing...it's like he's givin a big ol middle finger to old school fans...i mean...i'm not a huge old school type star trek guy...i grew up on tng not the original series...but still. it's like he's alienating a huge fan base to gain some new fans with some glitz and glamor.

Quote Originally Posted by 1MileCrash View Post
    i can understand that he's making a new timeline...the problem that i have is that he's messing around with an established and loved franchise. i just really can't get into this whole thing...it's like he's givin a big ol middle finger to old school fans...i mean...i'm not a huge old school type star trek guy...i grew up on tng not the original series...but still. it's like he's alienating a huge fan base to gain some new fans with some glitz and glamor.
    You're the only person I've heard yet that was alienated by this movie. Old schools fans loved this movie.

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

I didn't feel put off at all and I'm old enough to have watched Star Trek since it was a TV series. I've been a Trekkie since like forever. I felt the characters were quite well portrayed especially Spock, Scottie and Bones.

As stated you are the 1st person I've heard that expressed anything but praise for the flick.

Lost, OTOH...

Impulse Blurr
    2004 GTO

Don't kill J.J. before he makes another Cloverfield. That movie was awesome IMO. I haven't seen Star Trek yet but it's coming.

Black
    1999 Z/28 M6

i did like most of the choices for the characters...i just really did not like what he did with the storyline. could it have gotten any better for scotty? i think not.

black
    1998 camaro

Alternate timeline doesn't mess with original series. I really liked the new trek too though.

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

Didn't watch the original series, but most people liked what J.J. did, and i don't see the problem since it technically keeps the old time line intact.

This Light Dinner Is Over hamburger68's Avatar

Silver
    1998 Camaro Z28 A4

This movie was great and it allows them to tell all new stories. It doesn't change any of the previous movies and their history. This is a whole new timeline. That timeline is still intact.

Sounds like jj understands star trek more than you do.
    i have nothing to add to that, except that really, really like the movie, cast and style. i'm really looking forward to a sequel. and i watched pretty much everything star trek there is.

Bright Red
    1999 Trans Am Ws6

As long as he doesn't fuck with Captain Picard it's all good, am I right men? Everyone knows he was far superior to kirk in every way shape and form.

The only thing I disliked about the movie, is I went there with anticipation of pointing out every single continuity error, only to have the fucking warp hole time bomb dropped on me, and was like fuck, now I just gotta sit here and enjoy the movie.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Hell, I didn't even know there was a new Trek movie out. I have yet to see the last one in full... Nemesis. There haven't been any others since Nemesis, have there?

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    Hell, I didn't even know there was a new Trek movie out. I have yet to see the last one in full... Nemesis. There haven't been any others since Nemesis, have there?
    Yea dude http://www.startrekmovie.com/

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Quote Originally Posted by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn View Post

Thanks. Just watched the spots and trailer -- for one who is old enough to have experienced all the Star Trek itinerations, it looks good to me. Granted, I was a baby for the original series, but I grew up watching all 79 re-runs.

Black
    '99 SS

<--Trek Nerd
    <--Loved the new Star Trek

Plus... R2D2 made an appearance.

Bright Red
    1999 Trans Am Ws6

First I've seen that, Epic lulz!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information