98 Formula
    06 duramax

it's official (NFL relate)

Hell has frozen over.......for the first time probably ever I agree with a govt official.

5 NFL Teams Most Likely To Be Blacked Out In 2013 - TheStreet

Blackouts are bullshit. I don't follow our local teams but if I did and they were blacked out I'd be seriously pissed off. I think the money aspect gets lost in the wash for people. It would be much different if they had to physically write a check out to the team for a new stadium and then the games got blacked out. The amount of money that gets tossed around in the NFL is ridiculous and they always want more. They sign these huge TV deals, the QB's of today make pretty much $20+ million per year, and they still want public funding for stadiums. Then after dealing in all those figures they take tax money from people that are barely getting by to build stadiums for them. It's a bunch of horse shit. Hopefully this bill gets traction and the teams have to stop blacking out games although my bet is that they'll just find another way to extort money from local fans.
    Last edited by 0rion; 08-24-2013 at 05:51 AM.

White
    '10 ZR1

I pretty much can't argue with you, and have the same sentiments. How can a publicly funded stadium for any NFL team ever get blacked out? That's a very valid question.

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Even with the Sunday Ticket the games are blacked out within those 75 miles. It's bullshit..

NBM
    1999 TA A4

I have season tickets for the Bills so no game is ever blacked out

Black / White
    '00 T/A M6/'19 Hemi Truck

Quote Originally Posted by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn View Post
    Even with the Sunday Ticket the games are blacked out within those 75 miles. It's bullshit..
    this is what I dont understand...so you pay extra for ALL THE GAMES, but you dont get all the games...? Thats crazy to me...

I agree with the article. Most stadiums now days were initially funded by the local govt to some degree, so I dont understand how they can say that the tax payers that helped build it "whether they wanted to help or not" cant watch the games...

I think the last piece of the article with the Falcons is dead on...Arthur Blank is rolling in the money right now and he threatened to move the team unless the city help him pay for a new stadium "they dont need a new stadium...I used to live in Atlanta, my wife's family is in ATL, and I go back like 4 times a year and the stadium is perfectly fine". The city then held a private meeting and voted on it and pretty much told the citizens that they were doing it after it was already voted on. Keep in mind this was DAYS after they admitted to massive budget deficits...pathetic. Arthur Blank is trying to get into a pissing contest with Jerry Jones...
    Last edited by theorangeguy; 08-25-2013 at 09:35 AM.

Thread Information