Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Nuclear Cat Will End All LS1Powerhouse's Avatar
    Edwardsville, IL (So. IL Univ. of Edwardsville)

Mystic Teal
    1999 Camaro Z28 - A4

iPhone Questions

I know there have been quite a few threads about the iPhone and all... But I decided to make a new one... I'm eligible for an upgrade from AT&T this holiday season and I was wanting to get some feedback from all iPhone users on here... I know it has been out FOREVER but it honestly has just sparked for my attention... I'm currently using the LG Vu... It's not that bad... The keyboard kind of pisses me off sometimes but all-in-all it's a great phone... But it's the iPhone Applications that are really drawing me in... Also I'll be getting the 3G - 16 GB one, black.

So with all that said... After owning for however long (I know some of you got it at its original launch) what are some complaints or mishaps that you've had over that time? Also what are some good things that you've encountered on your iPhone? Also what are some badass Applications to throw on there once I do get it?

Thanks for the input guys!

Matt

Black
    2002 Trans Am

well ive had my iphone for a little over a year now and its the 8gig first generation and i love it
    the camera is decent but there is no video and internet is slow but your gonna have the 3g so its gonna be faster and a app that i like is shazam cause it lets me know what song is playing on the radio and saves it or it can be downloaded from itunes right away or when you get home

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Friend has one.

Bitches about it all the time.

Personally...I have no idea.
    I am still in the dark ages. My phone makes phone calls. And that is really about it.

Another day Another 5th ARM5280's Avatar

Black
    Murdered 2006 GMC Sierra

Best phone Ive ever owned and i have owned over 70 from just about every manufacturer and carrier. Pluses far out weigh the minuses. The major two drawbacks are no multimedia messages (however they do send you a site it can be viewed but you have to remember a id and password) and of course the biggie Internet cannot view flash or flashplayer items, mp4s only due to the fact that adobe and apple will not relinquish their info to one another to make something worth a damn. minor shit is no cut and paste. With the 3G version all the plugs and docks and shit you have are useless the plugs are not always compatible.

Plus side 3g rocks, maps is great, Ive got three pages of apps, to include a dyno(there is a free app that is as good as dynolicious now). Battery life is great and there are constant updates which make it faster and battery life lomger. You name it...it does it.

Two more things: Doubtful you will ever need the 16 just get the 8 save some dough for a good case,car charger and screen protector.
    I just typed this on my Iphone!!! Hope this helps

Mystic Teal
    1999 Camaro Z28 - A4

Quote Originally Posted by ARM5280 View Post
    Best phone Ive ever owned and i have owned over 70 from just about every manufacturer and carrier. Pluses far out weigh the minuses. The major two drawbacks are no multimedia messages (however they do send you a site it can be viewed but you have to remember a id and password) and of course the biggie Internet cannot view flash or flashplayer items, mp4s only due to the fact that adobe and apple will not relinquish their info to one another to make something worth a damn. minor shit is no cut and paste. With the 3G version all the plugs and docks and shit you have are useless the plugs are not always compatible.

Plus side 3g rocks, maps is great, Ive got three pages of apps, to include a dyno(there is a free app that is as good as dynolicious now). Battery life is great and there are constant updates which make it faster and battery life lomger. You name it...it does it.

Two more things: Doubtful you will ever need the 16 just get the 8 save some dough for a good case,car charger and screen protector.
    I just typed this on my Iphone!!! Hope this helps
    Sweet... Sounds like I'm alot like you... I go through phones like a bad habit... Not because I break them... Just because I like technology.

I can look past the bad things... I don't cut and paste to much... The only thing is flash player.

How do you like the QWERTY keyboard on it? Like I said I'm not a fan of the one on the Vu... So I'm looking to upgrade in that department.

Silver
    2007 CTS-V

I love iStuff

I had the Sprint Treo and I thought that was the shit. I now own an iPhone 3g 16gig in black and I love this thing. Getting to your email in just a touch of a button is very nice. I got a few apps I use a lot. I got a Bank of America app that tells me where the closest atm is and then gives me directions to it. Also I just got an app called Shazam (free) it is awesome. Basically if your in you car and hear a song but dont know the name of it or the artist you use this app and it listens to the song for a few seconds then tells you name of song and artist. I also have a check book legder, FOX Sports, TWC, Pandora (internet radio), yellow pages, and I could go on.

It is by far the best phone I have ever owned.

As for the key board it has the auto fix so you could misspell words and it will correct them as you type. Like stated above you cant get pic messages you have to type a code and crap but thats no biggie for me I usually dont get those.
    Last edited by SandmanWs7; 12-10-2008 at 09:15 AM.

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

I had an unlocked iphone and it was gangster. I have the G1 now, not as pretty as the iphone but its my fav phone so far. I hated the keyboard on the iphone.

"A small town called none of your god damn

Silver
    2006 Cadillac CTS-V

iPhone best phone so far

NBM
    2002 z28 camaro

I am happy with my Iphone for the most part. The worst thing for me is the battery life if you turn off 3g and location services I can get two days without a charge. I can't count how many times its saved my ass with the gps though

Navy Blue Metallic
    1998 Trans Am

Basically put, AT&shit users= go iphone def. if you have to ask you shouldn't be getting one.

If your verizon= go dare, even over the storm, the dare is cheaper and has more features and ability to mod more

If your sprint= Go instinct

If your tmaybegay= go google phone

Now after reading all of that and your still wondering then I would just say get a normal phone. The prices dropped down for all of these recently and you really cant beat either of them, not to mention there practically all the same with different ups and downs

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

i got the tmobile shadow and lovin it

Mystic Teal
    1999 Camaro Z28 - A4

Quote Originally Posted by fccs View Post
    Basically put, AT&shit users= go iphone def. if you have to ask you shouldn't be getting one.

If your verizon= go dare, even over the storm, the dare is cheaper and has more features and ability to mod more

If your sprint= Go instinct

If your tmaybegay= go google phone

Now after reading all of that and your still wondering then I would just say get a normal phone. The prices dropped down for all of these recently and you really cant beat either of them, not to mention there practically all the same with different ups and downs
    I'm technologically inclined. I've owned HTC's and Blackberry's and had no troubles with them. I was just trying to get people to tell it like it is on here... The good and the bad.

I know what phones to get. I go through them like toilet paper.

Black
    35th SS M6 - 9010mi

I love it.

It's even better if you work at a company that has exchange. While I personally HATE exchange, the nice thing about it is push. All of your mail and calendar is there, and notifications are instant. I haven't missed a meeting since getting it.

I've ripped a bunch of shows and dvd's and watch them while working out. An hour on the elliptical zips past before you know it. Also been getting into podcasts of my local radio show; they're posting the full four hours online without commercials. I've stopped listening to FM radio now and just download the previous day without having to break for the annoying ads.

Many more pluses, but one minus is AT&T. Don't care for the company, but they're the only game in town for the iPhone.

G

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

I love mine...I have the 3g 8 gig. Like mentioned earlier I don't like that it doesn't play flash, multimedia message or record video. I know this phone is capable of doing all that but it's a nazi phone. Oh yea the camera is slow as shit.

Good things...the apps are amazing to say the least. Shazam is a great one like someone else said...if you like "The Price is Right" you'll definitely want that app. The coolest part for me is how you can find anything around you, click on the business and it'll bring up all their info...then you just click their phone number and it'll call it. You feel connected all the time...it's really amazing. The web browser is sweet too.

For the longest battery life you'll want to turn the brightness down, turn off location services until you need it, turn "push email" off and set "fetch email" to manual. With those settings and a few others I get nearly 4 days between charges...every third charge I completely drain it and then charge it.

The first accessory you'll want to get is the anti-glare screen protector from apple...it's badass but $15 for two sheets and it's a PITA to apply. It helps with glare but also reduces fingerprints to near nothing. That anti-glare with a good hard case and you won't have to worry about your Iphone.

Silver
    2007 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn View Post
    I love mine...I have the 3g 8 gig. Like mentioned earlier I don't like that it doesn't play flash, multimedia message or record video. I know this phone is capable of doing all that but it's a nazi phone. Oh yea the camera is slow as shit.

Good things...the apps are amazing to say the least. Shazam is a great one like someone else said...if you like "The Price is Right" you'll definitely want that app. The coolest part for me is how you can find anything around you, click on the business and it'll bring up all their info...then you just click their phone number and it'll call it. You feel connected all the time...it's really amazing. The web browser is sweet too.

For the longest battery life you'll want to turn the brightness down, turn off location services until you need it, turn "push email" off and set "fetch email" to manual. With those settings and a few others I get nearly 4 days between charges...every third charge I completely drain it and then charge it.

The first accessory you'll want to get is the anti-glare screen protector from apple...it's badass but $15 for two sheets and it's a PITA to apply. It helps with glare but also reduces fingerprints to near nothing. That anti-glare with a good hard case and you won't have to worry about your Iphone.
    How do you turn off the location service?

NBM
    99 TA

i love my iphone!
    most ppl hate the keyboard on it, but i love it and the auto-correct is awesome.

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Quote Originally Posted by SandmanWs7 View Post
    How do you turn off the location service?
    Settings--general

Oh and get the Sportacular app...if you follow sports it's a must have.

I use Gasbag all the time too...it finds the nearest gas stations and other users put in the current prices. It'll also track your mpg when you put all the info in.

Fieldrunners is a sweet game. Labyrinth is also a must have game for when you're bored. You've seen it on commercials..it's the one with the ball and you have to guide it through a maze without falling in the holes.

EndlessWalls is cool too...it'll bring up endless wallpapers for you to look at and save as your wallpaper.

I have Pandora too....it streams music off the net so you can use it kind of like a satalite radio in your car. As long as you can get the net you can listen to anything you want.

All of those apps except Fieldrunners are free...the Labyrinth I have is just a free trial but you can buy it and it'll have like 300+ boards instead of 18
    Last edited by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn; 12-10-2008 at 08:07 PM.

NBM
    02 M6 Formula

Quote Originally Posted by 2000 SS Beast View Post
    iPhone best phone so far
    i second that, had mine for 3 or 4 months and no complaints, I have a 3g 8gig and thats plenty of memory for me.

Green
    94 Camaro 3.4

I love love love my Dare... pretty comparable to the Iphone... Except: my keyboard is better, my battery life is WAAY longer(I can go a week on a charge if I'm not using it that much), and my camera is one of the top 2 available on a phone.... The only drawback I can really come up with is the total lack of really sweet aps like the Iphone has... I mean, the GPS navigation is sweet... but thats about it.

But yea, the Dare is only for Verizon, and the iPhone is only for AT&T, so theres really no question at all for the best AT&T phone... Get it!

Silver
    2007 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn View Post
    Settings--general

Oh and get the Sportacular app...if you follow sports it's a must have.

I use Gasbag all the time too...it finds the nearest gas stations and other users put in the current prices. It'll also track your mpg when you put all the info in.

Fieldrunners is a sweet game. Labyrinth is also a must have game for when you're bored. You've seen it on commercials..it's the one with the ball and you have to guide it through a maze without falling in the holes.

EndlessWalls is cool too...it'll bring up endless wallpapers for you to look at and save as your wallpaper.

I have Pandora too....it streams music off the net so you can use it kind of like a satalite radio in your car. As long as you can get the net you can listen to anything you want.

All of those apps except Fieldrunners are free...the Labyrinth I have is just a free trial but you can buy it and it'll have like 300+ boards instead of 18
    Just got the gas one thanks, that will come in handy. Couldnt find Endlesswalls, typed it in and it said no match

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information