Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

98 Formula
    06 duramax

iphone question.....

I just got an iphone 4 Saturday. Just haven't had much time to sit down and read the manual with xmas and all that going on. Have a lot going on this week too. I want to put my custom ringtones I made for my old phone on it. Can someone give me the short answer to doing that?

Gray/ White
    09Ram 1500 83 Thunderturd

I'd imagine you could transfer them via bluetooth. Never played with one much. I just like picking up the fiance's to mess with her

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by GTP231 View Post
    I'd imagine you could transfer them via bluetooth. Never played with one much. I just like picking up the fiance's to mess with her
    there's someone out there that's dumb enough to marry you??? Well.....at least say they will.

I'm gonna look at it some today maybe.....I have the ringtones on my pc in mp3 format but iphones use like m4r or something like that. There are apps that will make ringtones but I already have the audio cut down with audacity so I just need to convert and transfer them to the phone.

Gray/ White

Like you've got room to talk

LPM
    2000 Z28

You're probably going to have to make new ones. You cannot send them through email, bluetooth, or multimedia messages. They have to be transferred from the computer. I use myxertones.com or make my own through apps, personally.

LS6 Intake, LS6 VCT, E^2 Catch Can, Hooker LTs and ORY, Magnaflow Cat-Back, 3" QTP electric cutout, UMI adj LCA, PHB, 3 pt SFCs, STB, MGW Shifter, SLP lid and bellow, Free-Mods, Tuned by BlueCat

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by derekbuckner1 View Post
    You're probably going to have to make new ones. You cannot send them through email, bluetooth, or multimedia messages. They have to be transferred from the computer. I use myxertones.com or make my own through apps, personally.
    I have them on my pc.....I made them with audacity a year or so ago. They're in mp3 format because that's the only export option audacity has I believe. I *think* I can just convert them to m4r and move them to the phone except I haven't read to see how you move them to the phone yet. I'm going to sit down today for a while and figure it out.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by GTP231 View Post
    Like you've got room to talk
    I'm considered quite the catch though in the wife world.....ask any girl if she'd like to marry a guy that cooks, cleans, and does laundry for them. Just leave off the part where I stay home and they go to work every day.

LPM
    2000 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    I have them on my pc.....I made them with audacity a year or so ago. They're in mp3 format because that's the only export option audacity has I believe. I *think* I can just convert them to m4r and move them to the phone except I haven't read to see how you move them to the phone yet. I'm going to sit down today for a while and figure it out.
    I'm sure you can find a converter. Once you do, just go in iTunes and click file>add folder to library and add the location of your mp4 ringtones. It automatically puts them in your ringtones folder

Blown, Stroked, & Sprayed

Black
    383 Procharged & N20 Vert

I'm sorry. If you had an Android, you would be done by now.
    Black 1999 Blown Convertible A4
    Forged 383 | ATI D-1SC
    NX MAF Kit | 222/226 .585 115
    AS Stage II 6.0L FI Heads
    Moser 9" | 3.70 | Wavetrac | 35 Spline | Vigilante 3600
    548.0 RWHP - 563.8 RWTQ - 10# - D1

666.0 RWHP - 734.2 RWTQ - 125 Shot - P1

Black 2009 Escalade Hybrid 4WD

Gray/ White

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    If you can transfer them over to your itunes library and save them in itunes. they should be able to load that way. its how I loaded music in other formats into my ipod in the past. it usually converts them automaticly
    Last edited by GTP231; 12-27-2011 at 08:11 AM.

Gray/ White

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Blown Vert View Post
    I'm sorry. If you had an Android, you would be done by now.
    I didn't want to be the guy who went that obvious on him

Gone:2001 Camaro SS #4846

< Tried 2 different Android phones (Samsung Galaxy S2 and HTC Vivid).

Not as good as an Iphone.

I make all my ringtones in Garageband and they automatically show up in the phone after it's synced.

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

And the fanboi sheep say the Apple is easier; Ask Steve Jobs marketing team if they can help. They after all, bought the phone for you

Might be better off just redoing the ring tones over how iOS prefers. Probably save you some time.

LPM
    2000 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by CJREX View Post

I make all my ringtones in Garageband and they automatically show up in the phone after it's synced.
    Wish GarageBand was windows compatible

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I got it all figured out.....just had to rename the mp3's to m4r's and put then in the tones library. Kind of a pain in the ass really compared to the old way. The whole sync thing sucks. Would be much easier if it just let you move files between the 2.

As far as the android and iphone thing.....I'm not a technogeek so as long as the damn thing texts and talks everything else is just a bonus. I'll never use half the things that the phone can do.

383 w/Meth & ProCharger
    2001 Camaro Z28

iPhone technology was cool about 5 years ago. Android is the leader of technology now. Yes both will text and do all the rudimentary things a cell phone does in today's world...as they should. But Android is so much more intuitive, robust and easier to use.

Artic White
    2002 Camaro SS

This works.

1. select a song that you would like to make into a ring tone
    2. listen to it and mark the time space that the part you want to make into a ringtone appears (i.e. 1:43-2:00)
    3. right click on that song and go to the "get info" part.
    4. go to "options" the check both the start time and end time and fill in the part you want as the ringtone.
    5. once thats done go back and right click the song again and click on "create AAC version"
    6. VERY IMPORTANT!!!!! make sure you go back to the original song selection and uncheck the start and end time so you dont end up only playing 30 seconds of your favorite song.
    7. go to your itunes folder where it stores all of your library info.
    8. right click on the AAC version and change the file format from m4a to m4r.
    9. drag that file into the ringtone section of your itunes.
    10. delete the original AAC version in your songs library because its just a space filler.

there you go!

just make sure you can rename the files. this can be done by going to the control panel and going to folder options and making sure you can see hidden files and that you can rename files. once you get the hang of it youll have the best ringers ever because some ringtones play shitty parts of the song and you have 100% control of what part of the song is turned into a ringtone.
    2002 Artic White SS 35th Wheels|Full Hotchkis Suspension|Koni SA|Magnaflow CME|SLP lid|www.fquick.com/The_Guz

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    This works.
    I've been making ring tones for a while....it's the whole sync bullshit mostly that I had to figure out and what format they needed to be in. Audacity is the shit for making ringtones.....then I just export them as mp3 and now I'm converting that to m4r.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by CJREX:2732012

One is made by Samsung. That'd be your first mistake. Samsung sucks when it comes to phones.
    Boost gets you laid, unless your name is Jon.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

jesus.....I just had a question about ringtones. You fucking nerds......

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information