Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Investments

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

Investments

What do you all invest in, if at all?

I'm gonna start out with real estate and see how I fare. Curious if anyone is into this?

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by allbaugh_04 View Post
    What do you all invest in, if at all?

I'm gonna start out with real estate and see how I fare. Curious if anyone is into this?
    Only thing I have going for myself is 401K through work, 2 Roth IRAs, and a permanent life insurance policy I can withdraw from interest free when I retire. Other than that, just a long-term CD, which is VERY conservative.

IMO, real estate is something that will always fare well in the long run. Especially if you get some in the right location. Real estate is all about location.

The Herpes of LS1.com Modulistic's Avatar

gray
    07 duramax

goldcorp GG
    barclary silver etf SLV
    Yamana gold AUY
    Hecla mines HL
    gold miners ETF GDX

I sold out of everything last week though, because everything is at an all time high. Ill buy back in later because Im expecting a drop.

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

I would like to invest in real estate once I have the capital to.

Pity that I can't currently, seems to be perfect conditions for it.

'06 Z06 & '05 Ram SRT-10

School..... and not much.

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

Quote Originally Posted by Modulistic View Post
    goldcorp GG
    barclary silver etf SLV
    Yamana gold AUY
    Hecla mines HL
    gold miners ETF GDX

I sold out of everything last week though, because everything is at an all time high. Ill buy back in later because Im expecting a drop.
    Is gold a strong industry to invest into?
    Last edited by 86 IROC-Z; 11-15-2009 at 05:32 PM.

gray
    07 duramax

Real estate is a bad investment IMO.

'06 Z06 & '05 Ram SRT-10

Quote Originally Posted by 86 IROC-Z View Post
    Four posts!!!!
    huh?

2000 Camaro SS
    '02 Z28 parting-out

Real estate for me (rents houses are a big hit here) and whats left of a 401k form an old job.

Anybody looking to buy or sell real estate can contact me. I will give you any pointers I can or hook you up with someone in your area that would have more knowldge than myself.

If you let me refer you to an agent in your area I will research and find the one I think is best qualifed for you. In return the agent pays me for a customer.

2000 Camaro SS
    '02 Z28 parting-out

Quote Originally Posted by Modulistic View Post
    Real estate is a bad investment IMO.
    Why is that?

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by 86 IROC-Z View Post
    Is gold a strong industry to invest into?
    Gold is very strong right now.

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

ROTH IRA is all I have currently.

Black
    1999 Z/28 M6

i wish i had the cash to get in on precious metals...gold, silver, platinum...all are good.

i've got a rental house. if you have the time and patience it's fine...but otherwise i wouldn't recommend it. it sucks...i've had some shitty renters that didn't pay any bills and now the agencies are charging me for it as i'm the landholder which is bullshit since i know where they live and they refuse to take the addresses from me...they require that the renters do a change of address form...but they won't. so i'll be sueing them and in the end not getting my money anyway. i'll be out over $400.00

in general land is good to invest in...afterall...they aren't making any more of it.

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Only real estate. 147 acres with house and the family busness, shop in the country, small 4 acre residential zoned area in another area, and 1 acre (2 lots) with our home in the city.. We bank every dime out side of bills which are all utillities and taxes.. Plus revenue from a natural gas co. whom pays for use of some of our ground for a gas well..
    Last edited by Smittro; 11-15-2009 at 05:54 PM.
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

2000 Camaro SS
    '02 Z28 parting-out

Quote Originally Posted by 1MileCrash View Post
    i wish i had the cash to get in on precious metals...gold, silver, platinum...all are good.

i've got a rental house. if you have the time and patience it's fine...but otherwise i wouldn't recommend it. it sucks...i've had some shitty renters that didn't pay any bills and now the agencies are charging me for it as i'm the landholder which is bullshit since i know where they live and they refuse to take the addresses from me...they require that the renters do a change of address form...but they won't. so i'll be sueing them and in the end not getting my money anyway. i'll be out over $400.00

in general land is good to invest in...afterall...they aren't making any more of it.
    Besides buying and selling real estate, I'm a Property Manager. I manage about 150 units for other owners. For a small fee of course. Having seen all sides of the coin (rented, owned rent house, managed rent house) you are almost always better hireing a property manager. I save my clients more money than they pay me. It is a win win.

Black
    1999 Z/28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by blackcar View Post
    Besides buying and selling real estate, I'm a Property Manager. I manage about 150 units for other owners. For a small fee of course. Having seen all sides of the coin (rented, owned rent house, managed rent house) you are almost always better hireing a property manager. I save my clients more money than they pay me. It is a win win.
    yeah i don't doubt that for the bigger guys out there that it works out well. for me with only one rental house with 2 units (one of which i live in) a property manager would be pretty unpractical. i'd by paying out way more than i'd be taking in as i still have a mortgage out yet.

another good thing to get into is the renewable energy sector.

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

Man already got the 2026

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

Quote Originally Posted by snaggeltooth View Post
    Man already got the 2026
    no joke

gray
    07 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by blackcar View Post
    Why is that?
    Between 1.15% and 2.2% annually, after inflation doesn't really blow my skirt up. When you take out a loan, you are buying one house for yourself and 2.5 houses for a banker, which makes the investment even shittier.

2000 Camaro SS
    '02 Z28 parting-out

Quote Originally Posted by 1MileCrash View Post
    yeah i don't doubt that for the bigger guys out there that it works out well. for me with only one rental house with 2 units (one of which i live in) a property manager would be pretty unpractical. i'd by paying out way more than i'd be taking in as i still have a mortgage out yet.

another good thing to get into is the renewable energy sector.
    I manage quite a few homes where the owner only has one rent house. In most cases I charge 10% of the money we collect. If we get a dead beat in there that dosn't want to pay his rent I don't get paid so I try very hard to screen for good tenants. And if I do have to kick 'em out. I do my best to collect past due rent, damages, cleaning fees, and court cost with intrest. Our local District Court knows me on a first name basis.

Funny story. Had a guy who was questionable. I wasn't sure if he was gonna be good or bad. The owner needed a tenant, so with approval I put him in. To shorten the story up some. He could not afford to pay his rent which was $550/month. I won a judgement of a little over $2000. Now i have his paycheck garnished. His job sends me on average $250/week. We couldn't afford to pay $550/month while in the house. But now he is paying over $1000/month and had to find some where else to live.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information