Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Insurance Woes

Nero
    2006 gto

Insurance Woes

Just outta curiosity, what are some of you guys paying for insurance?
    Im 24, have 2 cars (only the GTO is registered/insured...you'll see why)
    I also have no moving violations on my driving record, and an SR-22 on my policy.

2005 Saturn Ion Base Model
    MSRP: $11,995
    Full Coverage: $2,622 for 6 months

2006 Pontiac GTO M6
    MSRP: ~$32,500
    Full Coverage: $1,838 for 6 months

Both are through the same company. Not to say Im complaining, but is going on here?? Insurance Companies are bastards... a friend just bought a 2004 Ion Redline, and is paying $800 a YEAR for full coverage. I guess thats a benefit to living in the boonies as opposed to the city.

Black/Red
    2005 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by PatrizioD View Post

2006 Pontiac GTO M6
    Uhhh,

The coverage for the Saturn has to be a typo, right?

For full coverage on my 05 GTO M6, I pay $1,6xx.xx for a six month policy.

White
    '10 ZR1

I'd be on the phone getting more quotes and telling your current insurance provider to take a hike.........unless it just really is that expensive in your area.

Black
    99 Z-28

Well i have a 99 Z full coverage + an $4000.00 on top of that for all the add ons & its $700.00 a year. just for the Z + i have full coverage on 2 more + lie, on an 88 beatter I pay for a year is $1362. Am also in my mid 30's.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

I also have no moving violations on my driving record, and an SR-22 on my policy.

2006 Pontiac GTO M6

Both are through the same company. Not to say Im complaining, but is going on here?? Insurance Companies are bastards... a friend just bought a 2004 Ion Redline, and is paying $800 a YEAR for full coverage. I guess thats a benefit to living in the boonies as opposed to the city.
    i'm paying over $2,500.00 a year full coverage and a $500.00 deductable... i wish i could get a $20.00 dedeuctable... that is also with me having over 10 points on my licence (-2 from the total of 12 fromthe written test)... my last points were gone all most 3 years ago... insurance companys will charge you for the points you have for 3 extra years and will lower your cost if you go accident free in them 3 years...

Red
    2005 Cadillac CTS-V

I'm paying about 2k a year for full coverage 500 deductable on my z.

About 750 for full coverage on the bike.

Nero
    2006 gto

Thats no typo on the Saturn. Thats why I think they just pull balls out of a spinner cage to decide the policys price. And yeah, Insurance is pretty expensive in this area. Lotta rich kids like to drink and drive their parents Lexus' and BMW's into stationary objects.

about 2400 a year for both my 2000 formula and 2003 jetta with a 500 dollar deductable

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

2006 Pontiac GTO M6
    Get a quote through progressive...i've had them for around 7 years now and their rates are good. The saturn Ion does look way too high...considering a newer GTO is cheaper.

RED
    02 SS, 03 BMW 745

2006 Pontiac GTO M6

If you have no moving violations and no accidents there is no way you should be paying that much. Shiii you should be getting a discount is you cover two cars and your in your mid 20's with a good record. you should your current agent.

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

^^^I think i've seen your SS around elk grove...i'm in that area about 5 hours a day.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

we pay $2k a year for 4 vehicles and a camper. 'bird, gto, durango, zr2 sonoma, and camper. I switch shit in and out though because I drop the bird through the winter to comprehensive and drop the truck to the same for a couple summer months. No sense insuring a car that's sitting for 2-3 months at a time.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

2006 Pontiac GTO M6

sounds like allstate or state farm-they are retarded high.

call up progressive-i like them a lot. They'll let you drive or drop insurance on the GTO days at a time. Like if you only drive it on the weekend, then you can reduce it to Comp only for 5 days then take it back up to full covverage. As long as you give the policy 24hrs to take effect, you could literally drive/drop coverage every other day. It's saved me a TON.

I have kind of a shitty record, but being married and owning a house have some good effects. 6mos full coverage on 2 daily's and the T/A would be 1800 or so. BUT b/c i leave the T/a as comp-only for most of the time, it's only 1100 for both daily's and like $10 a day to insure the T/A. progressive gives great discounts if you pay the policy in full upfront or have multi-cars/home etc. Just ask. Good luckman!

red
    2002 ss camaro

the sr22 is killing you the most but shop around I have a clean record and full coverage on three vehicles 2002 ss red, 98 mountaneer, and 2003 olds minivan and I pay about 180 a month for all three so about 2200 a year for full coverage on every thing. but check your state and coverages. i LOST MY LEFT FOOT IN MOTOCYCLE ACCIDENT LAST YEAR AND IN VIRGINIA YOUR ONLY ALOUD TO GET WHAT YOUR UNINSURED UNDERINSURED MOTORIST COVERAGE IS WHICH WASN'T AS HIGH AS IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN BUT IT IS CHANGED NOW AND REALLY DOESN'T COST MUCH MORE. the girl who hit me only had 25,000 worth of coverage. that wouldn't even have covered my first surgery.

SO LOOK AT YOUR POLICIES AND SEE WHAT YOUR COVERAGES ARE DON'T LET THE JERK OFF INSURANCE COMPANIES DICTATE WHAT YOUR WORTH

Silver
    2016 Dodge Challenger

Im paying like $2200 for 2 new cars. 100/300 uninsured motorist etc... All that stuff. Have a couple of tickets and wife has an accident.

red
    2002 ss camaro

Quote Originally Posted by redls1 View Post
    Im paying like $2200 for 2 new cars. 100/300 uninsured motorist etc... All that stuff. Have a couple of tickets and wife has an accident.
    we had four policies in the house at time of accident only 100,000 a piece then the lawyer gets a third for making a few phone calls. gets me and wife to sign agreement while just out of surgery. but now my policies are at 200,000 apiece and cost is nominal but an extra couple hunred g's is nice when you face medical situationds the rest of your life.

Black
    1999 Trans Am Ws6/M6

Well, well looks like im paying the most here. My full coverage is $2200 for 6 months just for this car. It is my first car and I just got my license.

Black
    2005 GTO

Check the internet thats were I've found the best rates. Those quotes are rediculous even at 19 with a z28 I never paid that much. I had 3 different insurance companies in first 4 years. I kept looking for a better rate online every six months and I found one so i kept switching. Most the times it was a decent chunk of change $200-$300 cheaper for 6 months. I pretty much love the company im with now. Have't been able to find a better rate and they handled my accident last year flawlessly, they were on the ball the whole time. Even with a accident on my record from last year I'm only paying $78x for 6 months. Shit after the accident it went up $20 something a month and over the last year it has droped that much.

Senior Member transamprincess98's Avatar
    CT6

Insurance is all about cost of parts and statistics of vehicles involved in accidents. Price also depends of your choice in liability coverage. Shop the rates you have currently. Try Geico. They are cheap compared to most, BUT you do get what you pay for with insurance.
    I'm lucky through the company I work for I got into a non profit insurance comp. I pay $1,900 a year for 3 cars. My 98 TA has $500 collision ded $50 comp ded, Just liability on my other 2 cars. My liability is $300k.

Nero
    2006 gto

I have Geico...I hate Progressive, theyve been nothing but assholes to me since I started insuring cars. I bought my Goat in November of last year, and paid my insurance up front for about $2300, which seemed about right. I have 1 at fault accident from 4 years ago, and 1 at fault accident from last august. (August one sucked. I wasnt insured and rearended an SUV, pushing it into another SUV with my Saturn)
    Whats strange is that my rate dropped $500 from the first 6-month period to the second 6-month period. Once again, not complaining in the least, but is this normal? I know you get a discount when you turn 25, but that wont happen till my next 6 month period, as I was born in March.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information