Insurance question on a ford lightning

Over 25 years old and married, anyone know the monthly cost of a lightning for insurance?

black
    00 camaross&02 trans am

the insurance won't be that bad but the the gas will kill you I had an 03 lightning and it was a blast I miss the truck but I don't miss the 150 a week to fill the gas tank twice a week because you only get about 10 to 13 miles a gallon in the city on a 28gal tank and thats if your good and stay out of the gas.

geeez, i bet the gas cost would be worse today.

Ok so lets say i went for a dodge ram hemi, wouldnt that be about the same with MPG considering its 345 horse , in the range of a lightning?

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

ZAPFOOL has one . Im sure he would be happy to tell you . He is at the Atlanta thing so prabably monday....

black
    00 camaross&02 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Hawk
    geeez, i bet the gas cost would be worse today.

Ok so lets say i went for a dodge ram hemi, wouldnt that be about the same with MPG considering its 345 horse , in the range of a lightning?
    No they are not in the same category range the rams say 345 but are actually about 300 to 320 at most the lightning are said to be 390 but the best I have seen on a stock lightning is 370 to 380. The lightning are more of a race truck and the hemis are more of a towing truck. The hemis have a I think 9k payload and the lightning only have 5k payload and the back end will be riding low. Don't get me wrong I'm not trying to discourage you in anyway I miss my lightning but I just couldn't stomach filling a gas tank on the truck the last time I filled up premium was at 3.45 her in chicago it cost me 85 to fill the tank with 25 gallons and I said fuck this and had one last hoorah with the truck and traded it in with an empty tank 3 hours later.

My old man has a dodge hemi he got it just before I traded the lightning off for the the trans am. He was being a smart ass so I told him to line it up and he did we found a 1 mile stretch by my house. From a stop in about a 1/4 mile I had him by 7 to 8 truck lengths. The hemis are good engines but they are towing monsters. My old mans hemi 4 door with the 6 foot bed gets about 16 to 18 sometimes 19 miles to the gallon on the highway in the city anywhere from 15 to 16. They are good trucks the hemis but you have to tweek the hell out of them to get the full performance and torgue your supposed to get. Dodge put the hemis in but the tuned them down so they don't have to repair them as often. The nice thing with the hemis is you don't have to run premium like a lightning and the insurance is a hell of alot cheaper also.
    Last edited by camaross0002; 04-23-2006 at 08:12 PM.

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

Quote Originally Posted by camaross0002
    My old man has a dodge hemi he got it just before I traded the lightning off for the the trans am. He was being a smart ass so I told him to line it up and he did we found a 1 mile stretch by my house. From a stop in about a 1/4 mile I had him by 7 to 8 truck lengths. The hemis are good engines but they are towing monsters. My old mans hemi 4 door with the 6 foot bed gets about 16 to 18 sometimes 19 miles to the gallon on the highway in the city anywhere from 15 to 16. They are good trucks the hemis but you have to tweek the hell out of them to get the full performance and torgue your supposed to get. Dodge put the hemis in but the tuned them down so they don't have to repair them as often.
    are the trans anybetter now on the Hemi trucks ??

black
    00 camaross&02 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by snaggeltooth
    are the trans anybetter now on the Hemi trucks ??
    from what I have seen and heard no they are not any better they can handle the power they got and a little more but anything over 400 hp you are lighting you own fuse.

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

Quote Originally Posted by camaross0002
    from what I have seen and heard no they are not any better they can handle the power they got and a little more but anything over 400 hp you are lighting you own fuse.
    I thought the manuals were holding ok....

Black
    97 z28

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Hawk
    Over 25 years old and married, anyone know the monthly cost of a lightning for insurance?
    Where do you live?

Any Tickets/Accident?

Full Coverage?

not trying to be a smartass but why dont you just call your insurance company with a VIN# off of autotrader or somewhere and find out exactly what it would be

Thread Information