Navy Blue Metallic
    1998 Trans Am

Input on Nip/Tuck website I made.

Alright, im testing some new incentives here and made a website that has ALL seasons, and ALL episodes of niptuck on. I just got it recently set up and figured id ask you guys for input. Basically its a legit survey site if you know what that is, you go to watch a episode and itll ask you to do a survey. They take like 30seconds - 1min. I usually just BS all the info, actually u dont even need to do it fully just stay on it and bullshit some info till it says content unlocked.
    When that happens you have full access to all the episodes I put up there, there organized and easy to watch, also in pretty good quality. I set the surveys up cause its suppose to pay around 10cents a completion which I plan to use for the hosting of the site. Let me know if you guys are having any trouble or if its not working for you, im just testing it now. If the survey doesn't work just pick another one quick it should say content unlocked sometime then. The site is http://www.watch-niptuck.com any feedback on what I could add or change to bring some traffic would be appreciated, thanks

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

lmao, the site looks legit! like FX made it or something. very well done!

Navy Blue Metallic
    1998 Trans Am

Well I was going for that look, Im trying to think of a new incentive to make some side cash for gas and then it hit me about the surveys, I always used to do them for other sites to watch videos so I checked into if they get paid and it turns out you do.. so yea well see how this one goes haha

Navy Blue Metallic
    1998 Trans Am

Id appreciate anyone to chime in who has done one of the surveys and watched a episode or two. Just to tell me if the quality of the vids are alright and so im not the only idiot talking about the site, I'd like to know if the surveys are unlocking the page correct and stuff. Oh and some episodes on season 1, aren't working at the moment, just so everyone knows.

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

You're using images that belong to FX. Add a copyright notice.

Navy Blue Metallic
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by 86 IROC-Z View Post
    You're using images that belong to FX. Add a copyright notice.
    Oh good idea, will do that now

COTM July '09

BLK/BLK w/CGM Stripes
    2010 Camaro 2SS/M6

nice job! How the the whole copyright system work when you host the vids? Like companies taking down stuff on youtube/etc. do you have to sign an agreement with the company to host their vids?
    I like work. It fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours.

My Cardomain Site My Fquick site Custom Installs

Navy Blue Metallic
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by That Guy 2-1 View Post
    nice job! How the the whole copyright system work when you host the vids? Like companies taking down stuff on youtube/etc. do you have to sign an agreement with the company to host their vids?
    Well im not hosting the videos, as said in the legal on the bottom. I find them on sites like youtube,megavideo,yahoo, etc and then I just use the embed code provided and put them on the site in a organized way. I'm not sure what you would do with that issue since im not hosting it, the sites like youtube,yahoo,megavideo, all those places are technically "suppose" to ask permission to host them but who knows what they do. Hulu also has some videos but hulu doesn't let you embed like the others so I chose to stick with the youtube and yahoo links instead.

Navy Blue Metallic
    1998 Trans Am

Does anyone know any good places to advertise these kinds of sites?

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

Quote Originally Posted by fccs View Post
    Does anyone know any good places to advertise these kinds of sites?
    Almost every internet niche you can think of has an affiliate network.

I would go to google and make search using combinations of the following:

"tv"
    "free"
    "online"
    "movies"
    "shows"
    "series"
    "episodes"
    "affiliates"
    etc.

Also search for Nip/Tuck fan sites and forums (Even if an sub-forum in an unrelated parent forum) and ask to be included, listed, stickied, posted, etc.

You might even want to find sites that already do what your doing, whether they offer a single show/series or a plethora of them, and ask to be their Nip/tuck destination if they don't already have it; or at least request a link trade to appear on a side bar.

COTM July '09

BLK/BLK w/CGM Stripes
    2010 Camaro 2SS/M6

Quote Originally Posted by fccs View Post
    Well im not hosting the videos, as said in the legal on the bottom. I find them on sites like youtube,megavideo,yahoo, etc and then I just use the embed code provided and put them on the site in a organized way. I'm not sure what you would do with that issue since im not hosting it, the sites like youtube,yahoo,megavideo, all those places are technically "suppose" to ask permission to host them but who knows what they do. Hulu also has some videos but hulu doesn't let you embed like the others so I chose to stick with the youtube and yahoo links instead.
    I know there used to be a site just like this for South Park, and they took it down for copyright reasons.

Navy Blue Metallic
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by That Guy 2-1 View Post
    I know there used to be a site just like this for South Park, and they took it down for copyright reasons.
    There's still a bunch of sites like this for southpark lol. I think the difference was, is that that site your thinking of was hosting the videos, im not.

Blue
    72 Chevelle, 2001 SS

Dude, very nice work! Very impressed. Now we just need some nudies of Kelly Carlson to top it all off.

Navy Blue Metallic
    1998 Trans Am

lol, had 1300unique hits yesterday, already at 200 since 12am just passed 2hrs ago. So far so good im surprised the amount of traffic is growing more and more already.

Thread Information