Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

This Imus incident

Ok, so where does everybody stand on his latest antics?

what did he say?

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

i dont like him. Im a howard stern fan

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Said some nappy head comment during a WNBA game...and of course they're black. So you know bubba gump Al Sharpton has to throw his .2 in..

Quote Originally Posted by 310stanger View Post
    i dont like him. Im a howard stern fan
    In a nutshell, he's now considered a racist for calling the Rutger's Women's basketball team a bunch of "nappy headed hos". He's been taken off the air for 2 weeks because of it.

I don't listen to Stern (or Imus) because I find him to be more offensive than I care to listen to. Nonetheless, I respect his right to say whatever he wants to.

white/black
    2000 z28

wtf I hate to say it but in my opinion, caucausion people are not the ones drawing the line in the sand reguarding race issues, it is the african americans that are(trying to be politically correct here)Yes, there are always going to be some racist people. but I believe the majority of people in today's society, if they are racist have had an encounter of some kind to induce those feelings of racism. I dont know, I dont look at people in color, they are either cool to deal with or not....that is all I see.
    --Justin

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

What did the Rutgers team actually do to have him say that. Its a random target. I will say one thing, Rutgers has the highest std rate of any college in the country.

Quote Originally Posted by MechanicalMehem View Post
    wtf I hate to say it but in my opinion, caucausion people are not the ones drawing the line in the sand reguarding race issues, it is the african americans that are(trying to be politically correct here)Yes, there are always going to be some racist people. but I believe the majority of people in today's society, if they are racist have had an encounter of some kind to induce those feelings of racism. I dont know, I dont look at people in color, they are either cool to deal with or not....that is all I see.
    --Justin
    I just don't get why everything is always blown way out of proportion over a potentially racist comment such as that made by Imus. If you don't like what he said, don't listen to him and move on with life!

If I went on a crusade against everything that offended me to some extent or another I'd have no free time.

"now,you pissed us off!!" Trouble maker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn View Post
    Said some nappy head comment during a WNBA game...and of course they're black. So you know bubba gump Al Sharpton has to throw his .2 in..
    and reverend al sharpton...and Jesse jackson Jr.......any else? any little mishap..or let something slip out..watch out !!

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

You know Al Sharpton is gonna be all over this one. He wants reparations for everything.

Black
    2004 Z06

Give 'em a Katrina Card to get some Gucci Purses and everything'll be coooo ...

Black
    1999 Z/28 M6

sharpton and jackson were all over this one before the last word left this guys mouth. sharpton had him on his radio show today where he personally badgered the man, along with numerous callers, for 2 hours. from what i caught of it no amount of apologies will ever be able to make up for what he said. at that point...fuck it...why apologize anymore. he said he was sorry and said that these women were at the top of their game and that he is a good person that said some bad things and that he regretted it. what more do you want?

what they want is for him to be fired. okay then. every single black radio host that utters the words cracker, honkie, clearwater...anything like that...i demand that they be fired as well because racial slurs are racial slurs and what's fair for the goose is fair for the gander. no more of this double standard bullshit.

Black
    '05 Ninja ZX-10R

he called them "hardcore hos" and everybody got mad at them.

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

sounds like reverse racism, black radio hosts say whatever they want about white people and they are being funny. A white radio host says a joke and they want him to lose his job. Its not fair.

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

its never racist till we (white people) say it

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

Rutgers has the highest std rate of any college in the country.
    What? I thought [insert any given college or university here] has the highest STD rate???

those statistics aren't released, they're all rumors for whatever college they're said about.

Silver, Black
    03 Viper, 05 Escalade

sounds like reverse racism, black radio hosts say whatever they want about white people and they are being funny. A white radio host says a joke and they want him to lose his job. Its not fair.
    Boy, you are right on that one. Not only radio, but all forms of media...can you imagine a "White Entertainment Television" network? Holy shit, all hell would break loose. Anyways, I have to agree with what others are saying, if you don't like the entertainer's material, avoid it.....

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

Freedom of speech doesnt protect the speech you like, only hate. Somehow only blacks speech is free. White guys crack a joke and he gets a long lecture on slavery from 200 yrs ago.

Arctic White Hardtop
    '98 Formula M6

I love the I-Man and Kramer too, and just because they both slipped up (Imus barely) Doesn't mean I'm gonna just stop thinking they're funny.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information