Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

I'm selling all my companies

...and gonna open a Auto A/C shop. My AC shit the bed on my Dodge R/T and I didn't feel like fucking with it. So I took it to my mechanic friend here in town and left it with him last Thursday and told him to fix it. We'll he did.....$1455 dollars worth of fix it. New AC Compressor/hoses/blah blah.....I told him last Thursday if it was the compressor not to put a re manufactured on there but I wanted a new one.....I'll pay him and not say a word as he is a honest guy....but holy shit.....lets start a AC shop guys and get rich.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    ...and gonna open a Auto A/C shop. My AC shit the bed on my Dodge R/T and I didn't feel like fucking with it. So I took it to my mechanic friend here in town and left it with him last Thursday and told him to fix it. We'll he did.....$1455 dollars worth of fix it. New AC Compressor/hoses/blah blah.....I told him last Thursday if it was the compressor not to put a re manufactured on there but I wanted a new one.....I'll pay him and not say a word as he is a honest guy....but holy shit.....lets start a AC shop guys and get rich.
    BRILLIANT!!!

I'd like to start/own my own business someday

primevil
    2000 FRC

I hear ya bud !

And it's not rocket science either !! A/C work, tuneups, header installs, cam installs, cat-back exhaust installs..... unless you do it yourself, which obviously A LOT of people don't, that sh!t gets EXPENSIVE !!

And for those of us that are mechanically incline, it simple work and EASY money !!

I just need a backer so I can get the cash to lease a shop and buy just few pieces of equipment !!

Green
    94 Camaro 3.4

AC work is cake... theres just a little learning curve, and the equipment is expensive. (if you want the good stuff so you can crank out cars fast.)

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

WTF!!!!! i'm pissed...michelle's taurus' A/C is going to hell also...hope it doesn't cost us that much...i would sell the car!

Black, Blue
    07 TBSS, 07 GSXR1000

The new job I took we do a/c work but man it is a pain in the ass and you get alot of come backs. People don't understand how it works. Hot weather is murder on the a/c system and they just can't understand when it is 110 degrees that it want blow as cold as when it is 90 degrees.

primevil
    2000 FRC

Anyone with a ton of extra cash want to be a silent partner and loan me the cash to open my shop ???

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ATCharming's Avatar

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

both of my cars ive owned havent had a.c.

it pisses me off just cuz its something im missing, but i would rarely use it.

good luck!

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

I payed $740.00 to get mine fixed. When I drove off I turned it on. I knew within 5 minutes something was wrong. I drove around for 30 min just to make sure and then took it back. The guy argued with me blah blah. He put a thermometer in the vent and the coldest it read was 65 degrees. Finally he agreed that it wasnt right and put another compressor on-and told me this"If I put the next compressor on and it doesnt work you are on your own-we are done" HUH??? I said O really? He put another compressor on and it worked fine. Then he wanted to shake my hand and apologize. Fkin asshole.

Black as Wesley Snipes
    09 Mazda 3, 12 Z1000

Quote Originally Posted by BREAKxNECKxSPEED View Post
    I payed $740.00 to get mine fixed. When I drove off I turned it on. I knew within 5 minutes something was wrong. I drove around for 30 min just to make sure and then took it back. The guy argued with me blah blah. He put a thermometer in the vent and the coldest it read was 65 degrees. Finally he agreed that it wasnt right and put another compressor on-and told me this"If I put the next compressor on and it doesnt work you are on your own-we are done" HUH??? I said O really? He put another compressor on and it worked fine. Then he wanted to shake my hand and apologize. Fkin asshole.
    lmao what a bitch, that made me fucking LOL though....

your parts guy!!! 1fastcamarosss11's Avatar

trans am 00 ws6
    1998 camaro ss vert

sarges great stories, i believe them all.

White
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by BREAKxNECKxSPEED View Post
    haha "ok, so maybe all my compressors are crap, who knows? but i can't afford to waste more than 2 on one job, i'm sure you understand."

LS1 Noob

Red
    2000 WS6

A couple cars ago, my wife had a '97 Chrysler Sebring convertible who's AC took a crap (the clutch assembly sheared off the compressor). I looked around at the local parts stores for a remanufactured unit. The first place I went told me they couldn't get any aftermarket/rebuilt/remanufactured Chrysler parts 'cause Chrysler didn't authorize anyone to produce or repair (for sale) their parts. I thought they guy was nuts 'cause I've always been able to get these kinds of parts for my other cars (all non-Chrysler BTW). So, I went to another place and got the same story. I checked around and they were right. If I wanted Chrysler parts, I had to walk my ass to their parts dept. So, that's what I did. I get there and they want $450 for a compressor (I was getting raped)! I buy the damn thing since I really had no other choice (had to wait 2 days for delivery). As I'm walking out the door the parts guy asks me if I need the clutch assembly too?! What?! The damn clutch doesn't come with the compressor?! Man was I pissed! That damn thing cost another $150. So, I end up paying $600 for an AC compressor.

It's not over either. I got to install it... seems easy since I have direct access from under the car. It turns out that Chrysler engineers their own bolts, nuts, and fasteners which means you need special tools or make standard tools work and bitch about it the whole time. Then I find out that the two bolts on top of the compressor are about seven inches long and back out up against the frame. In order to get them out (which you have to do), you really have to go through the top. That requires the removal of about two or three other major components. I was done! Took the damn thing to my mechanic (honest guy) and had to pay him $850 to install it, clear the lines and recharge the unit.

I said it then, and I say it now... I'll never own another Chrysler product as long as I live. Oh, BTW... I've since meet a Chrysler master mechanic (25 years experience) and he says that Chrysler does that on purpose to make you come back to them for service and parts. What a crock!

/rant

Marc

Blue
    00 Z28 6Spd / 03 Z71 LT

up here in michigan,
    we don't fix A/C Units.
    its only hot 2 months out of the year. lol!
    and then its only like 70-80 degrees.
    00 Z28 M6 T-tops
    00 SS A4 T-tops (Sold)
    99 Corvette M6 (Sold)
    98 Z28 A4 Coupe (Sold)
    98 Z28 A4 T-tops (Sold)

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

I drive a thirdgen. I have all the parts, but it would probably break the next day

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

oops double post

Black as Wesley Snipes
    09 Mazda 3, 12 Z1000

I've never had AC go out.... I've never owned a car more than a couple of years

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

Quote Originally Posted by NE98LS1 View Post
    haha "ok, so maybe all my compressors are crap, who knows? but i can't afford to waste more than 2 on one job, i'm sure you understand."

The crazy thing is it was a DELPI compressor which is OEM. The guy said "I have been doing this 30 years and never put a new compressor in that didnt work properly" to which I said-well you havent met me yet, I will be your first. He kept feeling the accumulator(aluminum canister) say ing "this is cold-feel it" to which I said-I dont give a fk how cold that is-I want it cold inside my car. Then he said "well your e fans arent working properly" to which I said-let it idle a minute and then the fans kicked on around 180 degrees. Then he said I have heat leaking into the cabin of the car. I said-damn that must have happened in the 4 hours my car has been at your shop-how strange. The air blows cold now(with the 2nd compressor) but you have to have it on max.When I took the car in to get a new compressor the air was freezing on low with the fan on 1-2. The only reason I got a new compressor put on was because the bearings in the original compressor made so much noise it was embarrasing and drove me nuts. I should have just dealt with it.
    Last edited by LETHALxLS1; 08-31-2007 at 12:31 PM.

Black/Red/Black/Red
    98WS6/06MCSS/86GN/06H3

Owned

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information