Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Sold: LS1 '85 El Camino ls1camino's Avatar

2000 Grand Prix GTP
    2000 Trans Am WS6 M6

I'm done speeding...forever...

I know...shocking, right? But you better believe it...you guys have no idea how close I was to being in some deep shit this afternoon.

I was facing a $580 ticket, a night in jail, my car impounded, my license suspeneded or even revoked, and the possibility of loosing my government clearance (which would mean I loose my job) this afternoon...and I'm pretty sure I got off completely.

I was coming home from school to pick up some paperwork before I went to work. I was going down I-95 and coming up on my exit. As I go to change lanes, I notice this Lancer Evo in the right hand lane pacing me. I put my blinker on and slowed down so I could go behind him and take my exit. He decided to sit next to me and not let me over. I was thinking, "What an ass." So, I speed up to go down to the next exit about 2 miles down the road. I go up to about 120 to loose the Evo. When I get about a half mile ahead of him, I slow down to about 80. He comes flying up behind me, to the point that if I hadn't pulled off to the shoulder (I was in the fast lane with an 18-Wheeler on my right) he would have rear ended me. So, I'm doing about 80 on the gravel ridden shoulder, I speed up to loose him again. This time he keeps up to me. I take it up to about 150 and then coast down to about 40 to take my exit. As I'm getting onto the road after the exit this cop comes flying up behind me and flips his light on. I'm thinking "oh, shit...I'm done."

He gets out yelling all this shit to me about how dumb that was and how I could have killed someone. I just sat there and took it, cause I knew I was busted and there was no way out of it. I asked him why he didn't pull the Evo over for speeding and running me off the road. He said he didn't see him run me off the road and that he decided to go after me cause I was going faster then he was.

Turns out he was just a Park Police Officer, so he didn't have a Radar Gun, no computer to run my plates and license, and not even a ticket book.

So, long story short, he gave me a long talking to about how stupid I was to even think about going that fast and pretty much let me off cause he didn't have a ticket book to even write me a ticket.

I say "pretty much" cause he took down my cell phone number and said he would be by my house later to write me a ticket. Thing is, I'm never home cause of my busy schedule with school and work, and I'm not even sure if he can do that.

So yeah...I'm done speeding for the rest of my life...fuck it, it's not fucking worth it.

2002 CETA 6M COUPE

Get a radar... he can't drive to give you a ticket after the fact... if he does, fight it. I don't think it would stand. He should've called another officer to come get you. He didn't. He didn't do his job. He should've called for back-up.

black
    2002 firehawk 94 Z28

what a dork. the wanna be cop that is.no evo's worth 150 mph.

Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6

oh i hate evo's,.....i think every person that has one is a douche, they annoy me more than the mustang driver around here. Had one riding my ass on I-95 this weekend, its was bright yello gay,.....needless to say once i got on it he was nothing but a yellow speck in the mirror

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

u r right in saying its not worth it..............but I am Speed addict so sometimes I fall off the wagon

Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6

damn addict you have a lot of posts

Red
    2001 Trash Can

Dude that sucks ass, and I'd check to make sure Park Police have jurisdiction on 95...I used travel 95 a lot from NY to VA (family) and the ONLY cops I ever saw in MD were the stateys. Sneaky bastards, and good hiders lol. That cop just seems like he's on a power trip.

I had the sudden urge to speed the other day, so I punched it when the light (near Villanova University) turned green, and I hit about 110-120 and let off...and about a second later, I passed a cop sitting on a side street. I was like...oh shit oh shit oh shit!!!!!! I thought I was screwed, but he didn't chase me. Damn I got lucky. By the way, speed limit there is 25!!!!

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Quote Originally Posted by TransAm11973 View Post
    damn addict you have a lot of posts
    LOL, I was post krazy for a while.......dont post as much as I used to

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

we have members with over 25k posts ...

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

I think you will be speeding again before you know it. Glad you got out of it.

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Quote Originally Posted by ss~zoso~ss View Post
    we have members with over 25k posts ...
    spaz will break 40k soon

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

What you should have done is:

1) Keep slowing down instead of commencing intergalactic travel to get ahead of him. I doubt he would go below 50mph, you would get behind him, take your exit, and not get pulled over.

Or, if your fast and furious instinct couldn't help to stop that,

2) Maintain your lane when you were in the fast lane. That way you're not breaking the law. He can either go to the shoulder, or rear end you and you get a nice settlement.

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

do what a friend of mine did after a car rode his bumper for a while............he stuck his gun out the window and motioned for them to go on around .............lol the car backed way off

Bright Rally Red
    2001 Camaro SS

lmao about the gun, yea man, I got pulled over the other day for going 71 in a 60 and got off with out getting a ticket. i was hella lucky, speeding is def not worth it, even though everyone else was going 70...young 18 year old kid with a fast red sports car...yea Im gonna get pulled over...

Quote Originally Posted by ls1camino View Post
    I know...shocking, right? But you better believe it...you guys have no idea how close I was to being in some deep shit this afternoon.

I was facing a $580 ticket, a night in jail, my car impounded, my license suspeneded or even revoked, and the possibility of loosing my government clearance (which would mean I loose my job) this afternoon...and I'm pretty sure I got off completely.

I was coming home from school to pick up some paperwork before I went to work. I was going down I-95 and coming up on my exit. As I go to change lanes, I notice this Lancer Evo in the right hand lane pacing me. I put my blinker on and slowed down so I could go behind him and take my exit. He decided to sit next to me and not let me over. I was thinking, "What an ass." So, I speed up to go down to the next exit about 2 miles down the road. I go up to about 120 to loose the Evo. When I get about a half mile ahead of him, I slow down to about 80. He comes flying up behind me, to the point that if I hadn't pulled off to the shoulder (I was in the fast lane with an 18-Wheeler on my right) he would have rear ended me. So, I'm doing about 80 on the gravel ridden shoulder, I speed up to loose him again. This time he keeps up to me. I take it up to about 150 and then coast down to about 40 to take my exit. As I'm getting onto the road after the exit this cop comes flying up behind me and flips his light on. I'm thinking "oh, shit...I'm done."

He gets out yelling all this shit to me about how dumb that was and how I could have killed someone. I just sat there and took it, cause I knew I was busted and there was no way out of it. I asked him why he didn't pull the Evo over for speeding and running me off the road. He said he didn't see him run me off the road and that he decided to go after me cause I was going faster then he was.

Turns out he was just a Park Police Officer, so he didn't have a Radar Gun, no computer to run my plates and license, and not even a ticket book.

So, long story short, he gave me a long talking to about how stupid I was to even think about going that fast and pretty much let me off cause he didn't have a ticket book to even write me a ticket.

I say "pretty much" cause he took down my cell phone number and said he would be by my house later to write me a ticket. Thing is, I'm never home cause of my busy schedule with school and work, and I'm not even sure if he can do that.

So yeah...I'm done speeding for the rest of my life...fuck it, it's not fucking worth it.
    I've seen the park police down that way a lot, and i always wondered if they could give out speeding tickets.lol I never knew they were out on 95.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

next time... slam your fuckign breaks on and let the fuck bag hit you... kill him when the cars come to a rest by punching him in the throat... (a few lbs of pressure is all it takes... and i mean less than 5 lbs...) and lay his head over his steering wheel... "he must have hit that with his neck..."

Quote Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
    next time... slam your fuckign breaks on and let the fuck bag hit you... kill him when the cars come to a rest by punching him in the throat... (a few lbs of pressure is all it takes... and i mean less than 5 lbs...) and lay his head over his steering wheel... "he must have hit that with his neck..."

works everytime

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by Nhra Firebird View Post
    I've seen the park police down that way a lot, and i always wondered if they could give out speeding tickets.lol I never knew they were out on 95.
    they can't do jack shit... but what they can do is use the radio... you can't fucking beat a radio...

ArtistFormerlyKnownAsMac Silver Streak's Avatar

All Black
    83, 87, 02 All WS6 T/As

Quote Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
    Damn man!
    -Geno
    1983 Black WS6 "WindCharger"
    1987 Black WS6 "WS87"
    2002 Black WS6 "Silver Streak"
    Sold the other four f-bodies

Bright Rally Red
    2001 Camaro SS

for sure x3...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information