Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

I'M BACK.....but with problems!

Well........first time in over a year I have drove my Camaro. First real time since the H/C/supporting mods. First off, MagnaFlow.....AWESOME! Sounds great with my set-up. Quiet but not too quiet and hides the cam very nicely for a sleeper effect First off, it doesn't feel any faster then full bolt on when its down low until I get up in the RPMs. Max power on the Torquer V2 is 6,500 which is where it SCREAMS!!!! Up in the RPM's it pulls like a raped ape which is nice because low end traction wasn't that big of a issue today at least. Ran into some problems tho I haven't scanned the computer but I would say my O2's are done. First off they are the junk universal bullshit which was all I could afford at the time I did them. All of a sudden it started hesitating under partial throttle with no light, then I turned it off and back on. After slight throttle down the road with hesitation, the light clicked on solid. She pulls like crap now......under full and partial throttle. Probably didn't help they sat exposed for a year on my garage floor and the exhaust guy just got done welding next to them AND they are not ac delco AND I heat cycled the valve springs with straight headers. Oh, and they seen lots of idling with straight headers. So now I need to get scanned tomorrow and make sure my baby is STD free and save up for 2 Ac Delco O2's.
    ┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐

Man: The Mods you are fighting,
    they are the biggest Men I have ever seen. I
    wouldn't want to fight them!

Me: That is why no one will remember your name!

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Get the C5 rears....

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    Get the C5 rears....
    Never heard of this.....please elaborate.

Hugger Orange
    1999 Camaro Z28

To bad you aren't closer we could hook up my HP Tuner and run a scan.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Well, I'm off to work. I really wished I could have driven it to work but I'll let her sit til I can get the codes scanned tomorrow. The less I drive the better. Just sucks because O2's are not fuckin cheep I'll check back in a hour or so at work

Can LS1.com make a donation tray for new O2's for me......pretty please

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

Quote Originally Posted by blackSS01 View Post
    Never heard of this.....please elaborate.
    I believe he's referring to the C5 rear O2's....

And, I gotta pay to play and so do you....

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by 67CamaroRSSS View Post

And, I gotta pay to play and so do you....
    I want to be exempt, where do I contact the government to get the paper work started

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Quote Originally Posted by 67CamaroRSSS View Post

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Why would I want to switch to C5 Rears. Are they bosch or ac/delco? I take it, that they are better, but why? I had heard about them, but heard it was a myth that they were better. I heard the myth was that they get hotter then F-Bodies making them last longer. I knew what you meant Mr. Luos, I just want to know why I should use them. Are they cheaper? I am lost on them, except for all the myth shit people told me which unless is backed up with facts.....I don't believe.

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

They switch faster.
    And have longer cords so no need for extensions.

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

that low end thing...... thats what its like to drive a car with a big cam chief, once you get past the 2,000 rpms or whatever it is on your car and she stops bucking, plant your foot, if the rear end walks out, and the scenery in front of you becomes almost like a stand still blur, then all is good. your driveability issues happen sometimes after you do a head cam swap on well any car without getting it tuned. Heck my car doesnt run perfect at all, never got a chance to get it tuned for a variety of reasons, because of this i think i plugged my cats lol

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by 310stanger View Post
    that low end thing...... thats what its like to drive a car with a big cam chief, once you get past the 2,000 rpms or whatever it is on your car and she stops bucking, plant your foot, if the rear end walks out, and the scenery in front of you becomes almost like a stand still blur, then all is good. your driveability issues happen sometimes after you do a head cam swap on well any car without getting it tuned. Heck my car doesnt run perfect at all, never got a chance to get it tuned for a variety of reasons, because of this i think i plugged my cats lol
    Its tuned by Frost but the O2 thing is not due to him. Actually the car doesn't buck very much, just a little mild when its under 1,800 rpms. I think Frost did a good job for what he was given to work with and would recommend him to others. I knew there was a chance issues would arise but was praying they didn't. And thanks Mr. Luos, I will look into getting them tomorrow if I can scratch the cash together Which year C5 or will any year work. I would presume that 04 would be the way to go?
    Last edited by blackSS01; 09-25-2009 at 07:11 PM.

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Quote Originally Posted by blackSS01 View Post
    And thank Mr. Luos, I will look into getting them tomorrow if I can scratch the cash together Which year C5 or will any year work. I would presume that 04 would be the way to go?
    They aren't cheap.
    I think mine were $165 at cost.

Worth it though.

Let me see if I can find the part number....

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

They aren't cheap.
    I think mine were $165 at cost.

Worth it though.

Let me see if I can find the part number....
    Well, there goes the buying 2 of them tomorrow. One is a slim slim chance even

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by 310stanger View Post
    Ohhh and I did get a good burn going in the middle/low of 2nd. I hit the gas at 1,100 rpms and by 2,800 rpms, the tires were slippin. By 4,200 rpms the tires were loose as hell and if I didn't let off or prepare for the rear, the car was gone

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Not bad, not bad. $165 a piece and I was frowning. I can swing that for at least one. Guess I will be putting my snowmobile on hold for a couple weeks. Get one this week, get the other in 2 weeks. to you Mr. Luos

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Almost forgot, once I get it running right.........hella vids on the way. I'm talking 0 - 140, donuts, idling, reving, etc....

Well, maybe not 0 - 140 since my suspension is stock and brakes are stock And no donuts since I can barely afford O2's and tires are much much more money

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Well it threw codes P0131 and P0151 so see ya later O2's. Were going to check the fuel pressure before we go and replace the O2's since I don't have the money to do them right now. Car runs slower then what it did before the H/C/ and other shit

Hugger Orange
    1999 Camaro Z28

I don't see why you would replace the rear 02s. If it was me I would take them out, plug the holes and get them tuned out. There is no need for rear 02s. All they do is make sure your cats are doing there job. I would get rid of the cats right away also unless you want them there to quiet down the exhaust. Thats your choice.
    If you feel like taking a drive I could tune that stuff out for you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information