Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Is it illegal....

to sell tickets for more than theyre worth? is that what scalping is? for some reason i got the impression that you cans ell tickets for whatever you want as long as its not on mlb property. i came across some all star game tickets and i want to know if i can get in trouble for what im asking to get for them...

Green
    94 Camaro 3.4

No its not nationally... I believe some states it might be, but for the most part its perfectly legal.

It might not stay that way though... companies are making KILLINGS off flooding the online ticket services the minute highly desired tickets become available.... and then they jack the price 1000%. I wouldn't be suprised if in the next year or so it actually got regulated.

Impounded

NBM
    99 z28

its illegal here

Another day Another 5th ARM5280's Avatar

Black
    Murdered 2006 GMC Sierra

LOOPHOLES my friend dont sell the ticket sell them an envelope for $200.00 tickets are free with purchase

Sebring Silver
    2000 CamaroSS

Daytona Beach it's illegal to sell race tickets for more than $1 over face value

Ticketmaster has found a way to do it legally

Quote Originally Posted by B34M3R View Post
    No its not nationally... I believe some states it might be, but for the most part its perfectly legal.

It might not stay that way though... companies are making KILLINGS off flooding the online ticket services the minute highly desired tickets become available.... and then they jack the price 1000%. I wouldn't be suprised if in the next year or so it actually got regulated.
    Yep its what has ruined the fun for people to attend concerts. Used to be just buying them early or waiting in line now its hoping to god some fucking program does not purchase over 3 thousand tickets in half a second.

Black/Red
    2005 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by derrinx View Post
    to sell tickets for more than theyre worth?
    It is impossible to sell a ticket to a willing buyer for more that it is worth.

Quote Originally Posted by derrinx View Post
    is that what scalping is? for some reason i got the impression that you cans ell tickets for whatever you want as long as its not on mlb property. i came across some all star game tickets and i want to know if i can get in trouble for what im asking to get for them...
    Scalping, or selling a ticket for higher than face value (different that what it’s worth, btw) is only illegal if it is done with in 1,000 feet (I think that is the distance) from the venue in Louisiana.
    Last edited by gwballin; 07-13-2008 at 09:27 PM.

Black/Red
    2005 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by Bigrus View Post
    Yep its what has ruined the fun for people to attend concerts. Used to be just buying them early or waiting in line now its hoping to god some fucking program does not purchase over 3 thousand tickets in half a second.
    That is what happens when you try to sell something for lower than the market value.

Silver

There are people out there making a decent side income off of buying the right tickets and then re-selling them at a significantly larger price.

This is America, something is worth only what someone else is willing to pay for it.

Black/Red
    2005 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by ARM5280 View Post
    LOOPHOLES my friend dont sell the ticket sell them an envelope for $200.00 tickets are free with purchase
    There is a legal concept called “substance over form” that deals specifically with such transactions…

Quote Originally Posted by gwballin View Post
    That is what happens when you try to sell something for lower than the market value.
    Not arguing that i just think its crap they are pretty much allowing programs to not give regular people a chance at buying tickets. However money talks...

Green
    94 Camaro 3.4

Quote Originally Posted by Bigrus View Post
    Yea, it hasn't happened to any concerts I would want to go to locally, but when I heard that all of the Hanna montana concerts in florida sold out with 4 minutes of being opened I was fucking floored... the only tickets you could get were $500-1000 within an hour of the tickets being available.... and then the bullshit factor gets even higher when you consider in the fact that the ticketmaster servers were purposely pinged out so that normal people COULDNT fucking buy them... Its not something I'd ever go see, but god DAMN thats serious fucking bullshit.

QuickSilverMetallic
    2005 GTO M6

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer Sooner View Post
    its illegal here

Lucky for you that inbreeding and fucking livestock isnt.

Hugger Orange/W stripes
    1999 Z28 M6

Local ordinance here. Up to $3 over face value is legal, any more than that isn't.

1966 Corvette Coupe

Illegal in AR... Im not sure why... I mean if people are willing to pay that much what ever... I mean scalpers have to risk people not buying the tickets...

-me

Hugger Orange/W stripes
    1999 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by predator View Post
    Illegal in AR... Im not sure why... I mean if people are willing to pay that much what ever... I mean scalpers have to risk people not buying the tickets...

-me
    Scalpers here will BUY tickets for about 20% of face value, so they only have to re-sell 1 out of every 5 tickets to break even. They also purchase tickets (and sell them) for a boss you will never see on the street. It's big business in many ways.

One thing about buying "scalped" tickets that cannot be overstated; you won't know it's a genuine ticket until you reach the gate. LOTS of counterfeits out there.

Hugger Orange/W stripes
    1999 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by ARM5280 View Post
    Yeah? Have your Peddler's license handy then.

83 Z28 new project
    98 Formula WS7-sold:(

Quote Originally Posted by B34M3R View Post
    Yea, it hasn't happened to any concerts I would want to go to locally, but when I heard that all of the Hanna montana concerts in florida sold out with 4 minutes of being opened I was fucking floored... the only tickets you could get were $500-1000 within an hour of the tickets being available.... and then the bullshit factor gets even higher when you consider in the fact that the ticketmaster servers were purposely pinged out so that normal people COULDNT fucking buy them... Its not something I'd ever go see, but god DAMN thats serious fucking bullshit.
    Minnesota just passed a law to prevent them types of assholes from buying up all the tickets like that. We had the same prob with montana tickets. Also, up here it was illegal to scalp, but they passed a law a year ago making it legal.

Impounded

NBM
    99 z28

Quote Originally Posted by CamaroFan71 View Post
    Lucky for you that inbreeding and fucking livestock isnt.
    WTF? yea lucky for me. y u trying to start shit? lucky for me fucking you in the ass like a bitch isnt illegal either. still walking bowlegged? go play in traffic bitch boy.

oh i almost forgot. you must still be upset that im sharing your mom w/your dad.

eat a cock and die

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information